Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I smashed my Veer both on an Android and an Apple phone.
    The Veer is only one that's still working. The other owners weren't too amused.

[No real-life Veers were harmed during the making of this nonsense post]
    How did you got hold of Veer, I thought it works only in US
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    There are people working on the unlocking of this phone and the radio supports use in more than US/Can/Mex.
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    "I thought this motorcycle would have more trunk space and passenger seats."
    :-)
    LOL that's awesome. Thanks for the chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    You thought wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    There are people working on the unlocking of this phone and the radio supports use in more than US/Can/Mex.
    Oh yeah who then?
    htc doesn't make good quality sets. I disagree with that. In fact, the HTC Evo was the worst phone I ever owned. Weak, underpowered, no gorilla glass, all cheap plastic, horrible battery life, horrible camera quality, horrible microphone quality, etc.

I haven't handled the veer, but my Pre 2 is fine on quality. Not the absolute greatest on earth, but better than the majority of phones I have handled.
    I own an HTC arrive. Hardware is good, but I actually like pre3 more hardware wise if it can live up to what it sounds like. HTC phones are pretty good, but people seem to over hype them. I like the design of my phone for the most part, but feels weird as a phone, and I'm always afraid it's going to slip out of my hand. I like the soft grip the pre 3 uses over the metal. I'm sure pre 3 will be lighter then my arrive, and thinner, yet that doesn't mean it's less quality. I'd bet dropping a soft grip pre 3 will yield little to no damage if screen isn't hit compared to my arrive which would scrap and possibly dent/chip metal sides or back. Lighter also means less hard of a fall. I think people are just accustomed to the metal built heavier phones.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    I handled the Veer at the att store on Friday and it is undoubtedly the most solidly built webOS phone to date. I was shocked at how usable the keyboard was. If this is what we are to expect from HP then we are in good hands. I can't wait to dump my Pre 2 in favor of the Veer -- will arrive next week, I'll give more feedback then.

And hey, I thought my Mom joke was funny last night! The OP was totally asking for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Oh yeah who then?
    There is a thread on it. I'm honestly not privy to the details. I suspect you know more about it than I do the point was simply to state that even the AT&T phone may be unlocked in the future and would be potentially useful in the EU or beyond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    There is a thread on it. I'm honestly not privy to the details. I suspect you know more about it than I do the point was simply to state that even the AT&T phone may be unlocked in the future and would be potentially useful in the EU or beyond.

Just wondering if you had any info I didn't know about.
    Who ever the forum moderator was who changed the thread title is good
    [everyone disagrees]
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    [everyone disagrees]

Strange that the OP just pops in: "Veer feels cheap", and disappears, no defense to his argument indeed.
    Cobrakon hit it on the head indeed I think: "tromp, tromp...tromping".
    NNJ
    [everyone disagrees]
    Yes! Thanks for doing that.
    I went to the corporate store near me and saw the Veer. The Veer isn't cheap feeling IMO, just small. The mag charger though pops off way too easily when you move the phone while charging.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Strange that you found the magnet weak. I was holding the veer in the store by the charging cable and swinging it gently in the air and the magnets held. It was only when I gave it a good tug did it come off. Also who cares about this stupid charging cable, anybody who uses HP phones should have touchstones.
    ^ Yeah, I don't find the magnet weak, either.
    [everyone disagrees]
    i had to laugh when i saw that
    I wish Best Buy had one I could check out since my OG Pre's screen cracked all over.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I played with one at my At&t store and it felt well built and the keyboard was surprisingly useable. If I didn't already have a Pre 2 and if I wasn't going to be upgrading to the Pre 3, I'd totally get the Veer.
    I must admit the Veer launch feels very cheap...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast