1.    #1  
    so i went by one of the best buy stores yesterday to see if they had a veer and as precentral and webosroundup mentioned, they are not in stock there until for a couple of days. i went there to get the phone free on contract of course.

i left there and went to an at&t a few hundred yards away and was blown away by the power of the phone (they had a display unit). the store rep said that they hadn't sold any yet and told her that i was planning on switching from my sprint evo to the veer. she questioned why i was going from one extreme to the other (huge screen to ridiculously small screen). i told her that android is nice, highly customizable, and has nice apps, but i was tired of lugging it around, awkward handling, and clumsy (no fluidity). i followed that with the pros of webos. i also told her that i was debating whether to get it that day or to wait until best buy released it since they were offering it for free. she went and talked with the manager for a minute, came back and told me they could price match. bought it on the spot. btw... they only had black in this store.

i now feel back at home. i guess the point of this thread is that if some of you folks are on the fence about the 100 bucks, your nearest at&t store may price match best buy (not sure if it's an official policy of there's). just show a little hesitation and mention best buy and they may offer you the deal. again, a little acting may not be necessary if it's a known policy.

also just a heads up... there was a little problem initially setting up the phone. after i entered my email addy and pw for my palm profile it asked me for an apn (i think that was the acronym) username and password. the rep didn't know how to get past the screen so i tried the volume/mute button trick. after reseting, it continued on with the setup process. the rep was like "***?" lol. just info for others that are thinking about getting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    so i went by one of the best buy stores yesterday to see if they had a veer and as precentral and webosroundup mentioned, they are not in stock there until for a couple of days. i went there to get the phone free on contract of course.

i left there and went to an at&t a few hundred yards away and was blown away by the power of the phone (they had a display unit). the store rep said that they hadn't sold any yet and told her that i was planning on switching from my sprint evo to the veer. she questioned why i was going from one extreme to the other (huge screen to ridiculously small screen). i told her that android is nice, highly customizable, and has nice apps, but i was tired of lugging it around, awkward handling, and clumsy (no fluidity). i followed that with the pros of webos. i also told her that i was debating whether to get it that day or to wait until best buy released it since they were offering it for free. she went and talked with the manager for a minute, came back and told me they could price match. bought it on the spot. btw... they only had black in this store.

i now feel back at home. i guess the point of this thread is that if some of you folks are on the fence about the 100 bucks, your nearest at&t store may price match best buy (not sure if it's an official policy of there's). just show a little hesitation and mention best buy and they may offer you the deal. again, a little acting may not be necessary if it's a known policy.

also just a heads up... there was a little problem initially setting up the phone. after i entered my email addy and pw for my palm profile it asked me for an apn (i think that was the acronym) username and password. the rep didn't know how to get past the screen so i tried the volume/mute button trick. after reseting, it continued on with the setup process. the rep was like "***?" lol. just info for others that are thinking about getting it.

Which volume/mute button trick? Reboot?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I dropped by an at&t store today and tried to get them to match the $350 amazon price without contract but they didn't. He said that he could do something if I would get a contract...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Which volume/mute button trick? Reboot?
    yes. the reps admitted to knowing nothing about the phone or webos.

/derail
    I did a pricematch at the Att store by me also. I didn't even go to best buy, I asked them what's the difference if I went to best buy verses them and they said no difference. Then I brought up the price of 0, the rep called his manager and pm'd it. I left the store paying nothing. I also hate having big phones, I had a HTC Arrive and its a decent size phone but it was friggin heavy!
    Thanks for this thread.
    I was wondering if they'd do this.