1.    #1  
    If the veer is being targeted for 1st time smartphone users and teens, are these people going to be buying a TP too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    If the veer is being targeted for 1st time smartphone users and teens, are these people going to be buying a TP too?
    I think HP's strategy with the Veer is aligned with Dave Chapelle's stand-up quote about men driving Porches: "GOTCHA B****!"

HP is creating an environment. They can and will use the Veer to get people that may eventually consider a tablet purchase, to use WebOS. Think gateway drug. One of WebOS's biggest stepping stones seems to be many smartphone/tablet users are already invested in an environment. HP is going after the fresh meat that aren't and released this first to snatch 'em.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Their message at the launch event I attended was that the veer is primarily for first time smartphone owners. And is going to be integrated with the touchpad heavily.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I'M A new Veer 4G owner. Smartphone Power User to the Max.(recent phones iPh4, Atrix, pre2) Between a smartphone and a Laptop a Tablet just dosen't fit into my life. I had tried justifying but there really is just no place for it in my uses. If I need to hit up a bigger screen I just use my laptop. Tablet isn't as portable as a smartphone and theres too many things it cant do that the laptop can so It cant replace my laptop as my road warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    I'M A new Veer 4G owner. Smartphone Power User to the Max.(recent phones iPh4, Atrix, pre2) Between a smartphone and a Laptop a Tablet just dosen't fit into my life. I had tried justifying but there really is just no place for it in my uses. If I need to hit up a bigger screen I just use my laptop. Tablet isn't as portable as a smartphone and theres too many things it cant do that the laptop can so It cant replace my laptop as my road warrior.
    So when its time to get a new laptop, will its replacement be a HP with WebOS (in Windows)?
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly View Post
    Their message at the launch event I attended was that the veer is primarily for first time smartphone owners. And is going to be integrated with the touchpad heavily.
    Which totally makes sense.

'I have my Tablet, all I need as a companion is a nice pocket phone that integrates perfectly with my Tablet.'
    Just call me Berd.
    I think so. The average 1st timer probably also wants a laptop, and won't need the full utility that's offered by one. A touchpad would probably suit >90% of their needs and comes in a "cool" tablet package. There are tons of people replacing their laptops with an ipad2.
    I think Veer owners will be the smallest percentage of touchpad owners.

Though I see the veer failing anyhow.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Someone who waited until mid 2011 to buy their first smartphone will then become an early adopter of a tablet later that year? I doubt it.
    Is that the progression you expect these to take?

The Veer has already been soft launched.

When the TP comes out, HP starts pushing the Veer as the perfect compliment to the TP.
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm not sure exactly who the Veer is targeted for. I don't consider the Veer a watered down smartphone. I consider it a down sized product, fully capable of equaling the industries larger sized offerings. I'm a Pixi+ user. I utilize my phone for everything. I think the Veer is even more capable. I'm not a first time smart phone user nor a teen and I'm interested in both (Veer & Touchpad).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Maybe HP advertise TP as beginners PC, so it would go hand in hand with Veer as beginners smartphone