Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Been unable to find one anywhere.
    i thought they were at best buy
    I got one from Best Buy online. Ordered on Sunday, should be here today.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    June 5th in stores
    Messed with a white demo at BB yesterday.
    They are pretty much a BestBuy exclusive.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I held a white one at BB in Battle Creek MI, but it very well could have been the demo unit. I was so shocked to see it, I didn't think to ask!
    tim
    FWIW, the white Veer has a different feel to it than the black. The black has a softer, more rubber feel to it, whereas the white feels a bit harder, and colder. They are definitely different materials. It's not slick, it is textured, a bit smoother than an egg shell perhaps. It's still nice, but it is different.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I got to mess with a white Veer briefly earlier today at the Downers Grove BB. They just released it today. Sadly, there were no displays for the device at all. Here's hoping the Pre3 gets a nice, prominent end of aisle display like the iPhone and Nexus S do now.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I purchased a White Veer via Amazon for $49.99 off contract 3 days ago. I didn't say anything on here because I saw the same deal for the Black Veer was cancelled for everyone and didn't want to cry wolf so soon. Of course the posting is down now. The posting didn't have a picture of the phone up and didn't ask for any service contract. Was definitely a shot in the dark, but now I can say that I just got notification from Amazon that the phone has shipped. Cant wait until it arrives!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Best Buy retail has them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorn79 View Post
    I purchased a White Veer via Amazon for $49.99 off contract 3 days ago. I didn't say anything on here because I saw the same deal for the Black Veer was cancelled for everyone and didn't want to cry wolf so soon. Of course the posting is down now. The posting didn't have a picture of the phone up and didn't ask for any service contract. Was definitely a shot in the dark, but now I can say that I just got notification from Amazon that the phone has shipped. Cant wait until it arrives!
    Wow! Way to slip under the radar, man!
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    They are pretty much a BestBuy exclusive.
    You'd think if it were a BB exclusive, it would be blue with yellow trim.

Hey, they might sell in sweden...
    Best Buy in Winston-Salem, NC has them. However, there was something wrong with the one they had on display when I went yesterday (the 26th) and although it was turned on and would vibrate when you flipped the ringer switch, the screen wouldn't come on no matter what the guy tried. He was very complimentary of the phone, said that the mobile department manager and one of the other employees both had Veers and "were surprised by how much they liked them" but it was a bit too small for his hands. He said he was waiting for the Pre 3 to come out, though he didn't know when that would be, aside from 'this summer.' He also claimed that BestBuy would be carrying it when it was released. Interestingly, when he was describing WebOS, he compared it to the Playbook since he couldn't show anything on the display Veer and talked about how identical the OS' are. (seriously, how can there not be a lawsuit about the similarities??)
    Of course, the lack of advertising is showing - when I asked if he'd sold any, he said that he hadn't sold a single one (but he didn't know about other salespeople at the store) and that when people came in and saw it, they were always like 'wow, is that a phone? what is it?' and never knew a single thing about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorn79 View Post
    Do you have a link to the webpage? I can't find it.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I got myself and my wife a pair of the white Veer's from Amazon.com... free shipping too. I used my Blackberry SIM card to get it booted up and now have it in Airplane mode with the wireless turned on. Testing it out now and I'm 99.9% sold on this thing. With no contract I have nothing to lose. I think I'm gonna activate this thing and place a hold on my Sprint account and use Google Voice. Probably use this thing for about 3 or 4 months and get the Pre 3 or EVO 3D.
    I played with one at the Best Buy in South Salt Lake. Sales rep said white is a Best Buy exclusive, but they can order black ones for those who want black instead of white.
  18. vpr
    Got a white one at Best buy in San Antonio, TX - He said he only had 3 of them, we wanted to see a black one too, but he didn't have any. We didn't bother going to the AT&T store nearby because it was FREE at Best Buy...And we got the new Lady GaGa CD for free too lol
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    Do you have a link to the webpage? I can't find it.
    Unfortunately they took the whole thing down. Here is the link that used to take you there. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

My tracking shows the package is here in Houston . . of course only 1 business day til delivery but we are going into the weekend and a holiday. Should have it Tuesday.

Also, I keep seeing people say the white is Best Buy exclusive, but I have seen the white in AT&T store here in Houston as well as the white I purchased on Amazon so thats not true. I think at best, Best Buy is ONLY getting one color for a certain time but as far as I can tell AT&T and Amazon have had both colors.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    You'd think if it were a BB exclusive, it would be blue with yellow trim.

Hey, they might sell in sweden...
    Nah, Sweden gone so politicaly correct that sporting a flag colored phone would get you some strange looks. Sad but true. Hope they make a Touchpad so its visible.
    Last edited by Andreas; 05/29/2011 at 06:58 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast