Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Mine doesn't work.
    Just successfully got Dropboxify for free. I am in Canada
    Just got dropboxify as well... then went to power up the wifes Veer to get serial number, got the message that the profile was no longer valid (activated on Pre2) and I needed to reboot. Now stuck in the reboot cycle... awesome.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Just got my new unlocked Veer. Went for dropboxify on palm.com/appspromo and entered my serial number and email address. Received an email with a link which came back with message that app is not available in your country.
    Had a chat with HP rep, no way to get another free app. No warning on website as it is against policy to unlock phone. So no free app.
    So if in NZ don't choose dropboxify! Other apps might work though, you might check regular app store for their availability first.

Good luck
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I sent a message to the dropboxify dev and let him know it wasn't available in Australia and he said he would be updating in a couple of weeks and it would be available then. But good advice about checking the app in the catalog before hand.

Ben
    Thanks for the update! I was able to get the DROPBOX app. US wifi only veer.
    Got mine

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Great. I will try to get a free angry bird too.
    Price cloud for me.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    I choose Dropboxify but ... in order to download it the app catalog says u have to set my credit card information. Is it correct? You too had to add those information in order to be able to download the free app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatore View Post
    I choose Dropboxify but ... in order to download it the app catalog says u have to set my credit card information. Is it correct? You too had to add those information in order to be able to download the free app?
    You don't have to have a credit card (or debit card) on file when downloading free apps. However, when downloading promo apps (which are normally not free) you do have to have billing information on file.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    SO happy this thread got resurrected - my sister and I just got our Veers (new) off craigslist and I was able to get dropboxify Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    You don't have to have a credit card (or debit card) on file when downloading free apps. However, when downloading promo apps (which are normally not free) you do have to have billing information on file.
    Thanks for pointing that difference out. However that puts me in a really bad position. Without billing information i cant download this promo app. And i don't have any credit card to use for that (moreover since i am an italian user i should use a virtual credit card or something like that). Any workaround?
    Last edited by Trovatore; 10/20/2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Thanks for the note about the free app for the Veer. I chose Dropboxify and got the email, but when it came to downloading I got the message: This app is not available in your country.
    Which is a bit odd really, because I purchased it for the Touchpad without any problems.
    Oh well...

David
    PS. How can i add billing information without having a credit card?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234