Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Someone beat you too it, what app did you get?

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...-free-app.html
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Yes, I just mentioned that in my unboxing video. It is easy to miss!
    There should be a PSA about this. :P
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Lol, I must have missed that post. I was looking all over to see if someone else posted it, ha.
    Is there a cap on what app you can get? (Such as free up to this amount of money?)
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    It just gives you one free app from their selection page. It ties it to your serial number.
    I went with Price Cloud... would've gotten Baseball Live if I didn't already own Sports Live
    What bugs me is that if you have an email address with a plus in it, it thinks it's invalid.

My Veer's profile address is <myemail>+veer@gmail.com, since I can't have it on my main profile, and the site says that is an invalid address.
    I was hoping to save mine for the TP thinking it was any app, not from a selection. I guess I will wait to ensure it is one that is enabled to work on multiple devices.
    I have to say, I have never seen someone with a + in their e-mail. (I send and receive e-mails all day long as part of my job)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I was hoping to save mine for the TP thinking it was any app, not from a selection. I guess I will wait to ensure it is one that is enabled to work on multiple devices.
    All apps will "work" on the TP, so no worries there.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I have to say, I have never seen someone with a + in their e-mail. (I send and receive e-mails all day long as part of my job)
    Its a great feature on Gmail that really gives you much greater control overe your inbox and spam, essentially giving you unlimited 'extra' addresses. I use them for signing up for anything, lets me source and cut out any spam.

For example username+precentral@gmail.com or username+amazon@gmail.com, username+potentiallyspam@gmail.com
    Yeah I dunno how, but so far I don't get much spam in my gmail. Then again a lot of my bs accounts use my hotmail e-mail, then gmail pulls them so I get 2 different spam filters. Then add in all my other gmail filters I don't see too much spam.

I will keep that in mind in the future though, not a bad idea. Never though of using a + though, either . or _

I have weird habits when it comes to special characters and file names (maybe that's a good thing so I don't run into issues like jhoff ). All my years of DOS, old skool windows, and linux (mainly web hosting linux use) have left me with all kinds of weird habits. My job is slowly breaking me of some of them, since the non-tech folks (pretty much everyone I deal with) just do whatever XP and modern web browsing lets them do.

I will keep that in mind in the future though, not a bad idea. Never though of using a + though, either . or _
    Without wanting to hyjack the thread, the + is used because you can't have that natively in gmail usernames. For example is I am username@gmail.com had username.precentral as an extra inbox, it's possiblr for somebody to sign up with username.precentral@gmail.com and they would recieve me email. With + that can't happen.

It's all in one account, as opposed to signing up for multiple accounts. It all comes into your main inbox (though filters can out it into folders instead).
    Quote Originally Posted by kevr1990 View Post
    Without wanting to hyjack the thread, the + is used because you can't have that natively in gmail usernames. For example is I am username@gmail.com had username.precentral as an extra inbox, it's possiblr for somebody to sign up with username.precentral@gmail.com and they would recieve me email. With + that can't happen.

It's all in one account, as opposed to signing up for multiple accounts. It all comes into your main inbox (though filters can out it into folders instead).
    I get it, just don't get it... I guess I could see using one for things I don't care to read.

In the end, either way you are setting up filters though. I could see doing one for +garbage and filter it all to a garbage folder.... beyond that, just seams labor intensive with little benefit. At least for me, I have never had a problem just using filters on their own.
    It's also a really great way to create multiple Palm profiles without having lots of different email accounts.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Good point on the Palm Profiles, figure when we get new devices we will make new profiles for activation, then switch to our current profiles once we get home. I was actually just thinking about this a lil while ago.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17.    #37  
    Good point on the Palm Profiles, figure when we get new devices we will make new profiles for activation, then switch to our current profiles once we get home. I was actually just thinking about this a lil while ago.

This has been on my mind, too. Why wouldn't we just sign in to the new device with our existing profiles, though? TouchPad should launch after multiple-device profiles are available, I expect.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    My thought wasn't specific to the TP, but to new phones. I don't want to be standing in the store draining battery and sucking data while the phone tries to download all my apps.

Plus this way I will be able to go home, save/restore, etc. Setup both phones for wifi only use, then login to our current profiles on the new phones. Then the profiles can do their thing over wifi.

Nope... none of the free apps really appeal to me that much.

And since I'll be getting rid of this phone in about a month or two, thought I keep it in the box.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 06/23/2011 at 04:31 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I forgot all about this, thankfully came across this thread, they really do hide the free app thing. I wa pretty focused on getting these devices up and running completely forgot about the free app, not sure what apps we will be getting yet....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast