1.    #1  
    I have a funny little issue with the (otherwise very cool) magnetic connector.

When I put it on the proper way (headset jack facing down), I get no sound from my headphones and the phone doesn't even behave like it's there. Sound still comes from the speaker.

When I put it on upside-down, I do get intermittent sound from one channel in the headphones.

I have no issues with the mag port as far as charging.

Anyone else tried out their headphones in the adapter yet?

(This thread is not for a bunch of adapter-hating morons to come in and say "told you so!" I think I have a defective unit. Bluetooth headset recommendations, however, are welcome. )
    I think your adapter is defective. Start a chat session with Palm and see if they can send you another one.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    When you say very cool, is it very cool looking or very cool working?

Did you try another set of headphones?
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think your adapter is defective. Start a chat session with Palm and see if they can send you another one.
    Thanks for this suggestion. I did so, and the rep encouraged me to try another set of earbuds. I thought it was bunk, but tried it anyway.

Turns out the Palm earbuds work fine - my iPod earbuds do not. Kinda crappy, considering the Veer doesn't come with earbuds at all. If it needs a specific set, it should come with them.

Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    When you say very cool, is it very cool looking or very cool working?

Did you try another set of headphones?
    See above. I meant the magnetic connector itself is cool, not the adapter.
    I used the adapter yesterday to stream Pandora to my car stereo (I have a BT stereo but decided to try the dongle) and it worked like a charm. The sound was pretty full compared to the iPod Nano that I usually use for such things. My only concern is not being able to charge the Veer AND use the headphone jack at the same time...
    Touchstone in your car will solve that! Wired sound will always sound better than wireless. When I can plug in, I will. Long live the front panel aux-in jack!
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 05/18/2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Wired sound will always sound better than wireless.
    Not necessarily. With a wireless connection, you get a completely digital pathway to your head unit, instead of an analog connection through the headphone jack. So with digital media, it is entirely possible that the wireless connection could give you better sound in the end. Depends on many factors, but if you have a decent head unit, a digital source should sound better than an analog one.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    The Veer doesn't come with earbuds? Come on Palm, all your other webOS phones came with earbuds.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  9.    #9  
    BestBuy.com is having a sale starting at midnight (bestbuy.com/midnight) so I'm gonna pick up some BT headphones and see how I like 'em.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $the$ $apple$ $earphones$ $have$ $a$ $special$ $connector$ $not$ $compatible$ $with$ $std$. $stereo$.
    Is these earphones compatible with nokia E52? - Apple Store (U.S.)
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    The apple earphones are a headset (has a mic) that work with my Pixi as a headset. I'm interested, can you use a wired headset with the Veer adapter, or is the jack only for stereo headphones??
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    The apple earphones are a headset (has a mic) that work with my Pixi as a headset. I'm interested, can you use a wired headset with the Veer adapter, or is the jack only for stereo headphones??
    The Palm headphones I was using were the ones packaged with the Pre2 - the audio worked fine on them. I presume they'd work fine as a phone headset (with the mic) too, but I haven't had a chance to try yet.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    yeah, same here. I have some klipsch S4i with mic control that has the same effect of only working if it puts the wrong way around but then if I plug my shure SE530 it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    The Veer doesn't come with earbuds? Come on Palm, all your other webOS phones came with earbuds.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Does anyone actually use the earbuds that come with their phone? those things are garbage.
    Chatted with Palm support about the possibility of having a faulty adapter... and he had the audacity to reply that I was using unsupported earphones and I needed to use Palm earphones. To this I replied that the Veer did NOT come with Palm earphones and that I was using some Beats earphone by Dr. Dre ... ( I kindly reminded him that they have a partnership )

Waiting for their second level support to call me back.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer