Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I was at a local BestBuy in the DFW area this afternoon speaking with the store manager (who is a good friend) about the Veer.

He showed me what was on their "system" and to my surprise, there were 0 (ZERO) Veers ordered for all the BestBuys in Texas as of today (5/17). He said he is not expecting to get one. Then he went on to show me how many Veers are in the nationwide system and to our surprise, HP has shipped a grand total of 63 Veers to select BestBuy locations!!!!!!

SIXTY THREE!!!!!!! We thought this was some sort of a joke, so he called a good friend in Richfield, MN and he said this is all they got from HP so far. He was hoping to get enough of them to send at least 3 to each store, but this has not happened yet. There are plans in place for a HP Booth with the Touchpad and the Pre3, but he could not comment on the Veer.

All I have to say is WOW....it doesnt even look like HP is trying.....sad, very sad....

The one good piece of news is that we can get it at BestBuy now (order it) for $0 with a 2yr contract.
    Last edited by crg28; 05/17/2011 at 09:40 PM.
    While this story is interesting (and 63 units nationwide is hilarious), the Veer has obviously been "soft-launched" (see the current top story on P|C's front page), so you can breathe again. HP is indeed "trying." They just can't pander to the <.01% of the population who knows about this site.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    While this story is interesting (and 63 units nationwide is hilarious), the Veer has obviously been "soft-launched" (see the current top story on P|C's front page), so you can breathe again. HP is indeed "trying." They just can't pander to the <.01% of the population who knows about this site.

Sure, but they also cant expect to sell anything if NO stores have it.....or shall we say, "<.01% of the stores have it"
    Hence the "soft" in "soft launch." They throw a few thousand units out there, monitor message boards for bugs, and do what they can to correct them before they throw all their marketing muscle into the game and start shipping in force. Especially important considering this is the first step in a three-part webOS reboot.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Hence the "soft" in "soft launch." They throw a few thousand units out there, monitor message boards for bugs, and do what they can to correct them before they throw all their marketing muscle into the game and start shipping in force. Especially important considering this is the first step in a three-part webOS reboot.
    I just hope this is indeed the case.....
    The white Veer is exclusive to Best Buy, and probably a late decision to produce them in white. My guess is that they are building a bunch for additional shipments.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    My manager told me we are only getting white ones in though. I got a free black one for the HP WebOS event and love it. These phones are gonna be marketed for first time users.
    Last edited by mcp2009; 05/18/2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp2009 View Post
    I'm a Best Buy mobile employee and we are expecting our shipment before sunday. My manager told me we are only getting white ones in though. I got a free black one for the HP WebOS event and love it. These phones are gonna be marketed for first time users.
    get your manager to join this website
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    get your manager to join this website
    Don't think that will happen. But do remember Veer is FREE at best buy, no rebates.
    Last edited by mcp2009; 05/18/2011 at 10:28 PM.
    They could have 'monitored' the bugs by providing webOS 2.x to Pre -/+ and Pixi users. It's not like they're going to be monitoring hardware issues and go back to the drawing board to redesign something that is flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    They could have 'monitored' the bugs by providing webOS 2.x to Pre -/+ and Pixi users. It's not like they're going to be monitoring hardware issues and go back to the drawing board to redesign something that is flawed.
    Yeah, because that hardware is the same as the Veer.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    From the PreCentral front page: "HP confirmed that the Veer won’t be available at Best Buy stores until the 22nd, though you can still grab one online from Best Buy or AT&T, and of course you can go to an AT&T store and buy one there too."

It is from this article:

Veer campaign to kick off in coming weeks, why not now? | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Bestbuy website has it in Black and White! Hmm!!!
    Search VEER on Bestbuy
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    The Veer will set a new record! Lowest first day (week, month) sales of any phone ever made

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    The Veer will set a new record! Lowest first day (week, month) sales of any phone ever made
    Good thing we don't have to rely on first day sales in order to determine a device's success.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    No, they sold 1, which is 1 more then the Kin.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp2009 View Post
    I'm a Best Buy mobile employee and we are expecting our shipment before sunday. My manager told me we are only getting white ones in though. I got a free black one for the HP WebOS event and love it. These phones are gonna be marketed for first time users.
    all of this is correct. and dido on the free Veer at event
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"