Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Battery monitor doesn't seem to work for me, which isn't surprising since Dr Battery had to be updated for the Veer.

@Cvent: how did you get battery monitor to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Battery monitor doesn't seem to work for me, which isn't surprising since Dr Battery had to be updated for the Veer.

@Cvent: how did you get battery monitor to work?
    Hmm, not sure I did anything different than just install. It is version 1.0.3 that I installed if that helps?

What exactly isn't working? The installation or just the running of the program?
    AfaikAfaikAfaik: $Batterymonitor$ $uses$ $mojo$ $calls$ $from$ $the$ $com$.$palm$ $domain$.
    If this interface still exists battery monitor will work unchanged.

Dr.B. reads the values from the filesystem and there was a change.
    I'll have to try again. It was totally jacked up when I tried it. It looked like it was set up for a different screen size, and there was no info.

Ah, I see I tried 1.0.8. I'll give 1.0.3 a shot.
    Yep, 1.0.3 works just fine. The app title is BatteryMonitor. The one that doesn't work is Battery Monitor, and is version 1.0.8.
    Yep, 1.0.3 works just fine. The app title is BatteryMonitor. The one that doesn't work is Battery Monitor, and is version 1.0.8.
    Good the problem was run into, now everyone knows. Good stuff.
    So what's the long term plan for when the battery needs replaced? Do you have to send the phone in to HP? I know others have opened the Veer and was able to get to the battery, but do you think batteries will be available for replacement?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post

Haven't seen many Veer-specific homebrew threads so I don't know if FreeTether (or whatever the homebrew equivalent is these days) works or not.
    FreeTether doesn't work on my Veer. At least WiFi doesn't work (I haven't tried Bluetooth and USB). I also tried ATT Mobile Hotspot which comes preinstalled. I can connect from my laptop on WiFi but it doesn't get through. I guess it might be problem because I am using it on non-ATT network

Kreso
    I can confirm that freetether using usb DOES work on the Veer. However I have yet to try anything else (bluetooth, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cvent View Post
    I can confirm that freetether using usb DOES work on the Veer. However I have yet to try anything else (bluetooth, etc).
    This should probably be the topic of another thread, but it worked for me as well, until I tried to turn it off. Then I ran into some really bad issues, eventually having to uninstall it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    So what's the long term plan for when the battery needs replaced? Do you have to send the phone in to HP? I know others have opened the Veer and was able to get to the battery, but do you think batteries will be available for replacement?
    Back actually opens up relatively easily. Just gotta be careful not to displace a warranty strip. I imagine you just take it in to AT&T and they pop it open and put in a new battery for you.
    I dont know whats going on but all of a sudden the last few days my veer has gotten terrible battery life. When I first got it a few weeks ago when I would get off work [no phone usage during this time] the phone would be at 85%. The last few days its been at 30%. Any ideas? I haven't patched or installed anything new either. I have notice I get horrid reception in buildings.
    i thought i was getting good battery life untill i noticed on the last two times using my phone that the battery was draining pretty quick. im trying to pin point the cause but i think it may have to do with bluetooth or the music player. ive turn on bluetooth when on the road or using it to listen to music, i turn bluetooth off amd close music player when im done but i notice a substantial battery drain several hours later.
    After several days using my white veer, I conclude that Veer battery life on par with Verizon Pre+. when data on, no messaging signed in, no internet app open, only mail always ready, 1 hour drop around 2-3%. When data off 1 hour or more drop 1%.

But if I compared the hardware where Veer have 800mhz cpu, 920mAH battery compared to my Pre+ 500mhz , 1350mAH Mugen power battery, I can say Veer still do better on battery save. But maybe it isn't 100% accurate while pre+ is CDMA and Veer is GSM.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I posted a video about battery life on the veer to youtube. anybody want to have a look and tell me if I forgot anything or got anything wrong?

...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    avn128 likes this.
    mmm, so it seems is not that good on battery after all ???
    Quote Originally Posted by andresmmm View Post
    mmm, so it seems is not that good on battery after all ???
    is that from experience or from what youve read.

my veer battery seems to be good with one exception im trying to isolate...bluetooth and or music seems to drain my battery even after ive turned off bluetooth and closed the music player. otherwise my battery has very little battery drain (this is with data, wifi, and bluetooth turned off).

as someone else said, it seems to be a hit or miss.
    One thing to check (this is from a Pre on 1.x). But I have had some instances were I thought BT was on or off, when I pulled down the drop down menu, BT had hung up while starting or shutting down.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    One thing to check (this is from a Pre on 1.x). But I have had some instances were I thought BT was on or off, when I pulled down the drop down menu, BT had hung up while starting or shutting down.
    This has happened to me too, and with WiFi as well. Another often-forgotten culprit is leaving yourself logged in to IM in the Messaging app.
    This should probably be the topic of another thread, but it worked for me as well, until I tried to turn it off. Then I ran into some really bad issues, eventually having to uninstall it.
    Did you ever start that other thread? FreeTether is pretty much the only homebrew element I use on the Veer, and it works well for me. It does require a power-cycle after use, though, otherwise it keeps broadcasting the hotspot whether the card's open or not.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast