Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was in my local Att store and witnessed the most innovative phone I have ever seen. Pictures do not do it justice. You have to see it live to appreciate it. It is so small and it would fill all of my power user needs. Of course the Att rep comes to me and says "how can we sell this it is too small". I just laughed and wished it was on sprint.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    It's incredible how a simple thing like diminutive size can make a phone feel so wonderful. I agree - it needs to be held to be experienced.

</unintentional innuendo>
    Felt the same way.
    Everyone needs to give the ATT reps a break. 3 years of exclusivity on the iPhone brings with it baggage that will take a while to get rid of.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Everyone needs to give the ATT reps a break. 3 years of exclusivity on the iPhone brings with it baggage that will take a while to get rid of.
    Huh?
    Meaning that a fully functional smartphone that is smaller than the iPhone is hard for them to fathom.

EDIT: Maybe not fathom, but hard for some to read:P

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Huh?
    Guessing is was a joke.

I was wondering "what kind of baggage?" ... like feeling "iphone is the best because..." baggage?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    It is baggage when you no longer have exclusivity and have to compete against VZW. It only makes sense for ATT to expand their horizons.

9.    #9  
    I still can't get over how cool that veer is!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'm dying to see one in person. I remember when I received my Pixi: I was in shock of how small it was, especially the keyboard, so I'm absolutely sure the pictures and videos don't do it justice, at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrewd View Post
    I'm dying to see one in person. I remember when I received my Pixi: I was in shock of how small it was, especially the keyboard, so I'm absolutely sure the pictures and videos don't do it justice, at all!
    I watched all of the Veer videos on the internet, read all the reviews, and thought myself prepared to handle one. I wasn't. I was still shocked at how small it felt in the hand! Impossible as it seems, it feels smaller than it is.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I still can't get over how cool that veer is!
    Yep it' so cool. So small yet so powerful.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I was at the AT&T store today, spent a good bit of time with the Veer and I feel the same as everyone here. I wasn't expecting it to be as small as it was. It is a bit hard to fathom having a full featured smartphone in that small of a package. The last phone I remember being that small were some flip phones from at least 4 or 5 years ago, obviously not a smartphone, texting and MMS and very slow internet use were about the extent of there capabilities.

I posted in another thread but I cant stress this enough how well WebOS runs on the phone, I just wanna put to rest any doubt anyone might have about this having a 800MHz single core CPU and not being able to compete with other smartphones. I tested out all the main functions that one would use on the phone, texting, calling, internet browsing, emails, viewing contacts, just type, games, I opened about 10 cards all running side by side, everything was handled like a champ, no considerable slowdown whatsoever. Its a shame HP signed exclusivity with AT&T or else I would convince people I know on Sprint and VZW to get this.

I personally am waiting for the Pre 3 mostly because of the screen size but if the Veer was on VZW along with the Pre 3, if screen size wasn't a issue for me then I would get the Veer over anything else on VZW in a heartbeat.
    It's unbelievably small. Got one today and so much better than my current Sprint Pre. You really need to hold one and play around with it (I'm talking about the Veer ) to really see how cool it is.

I've only had it for a few hours, loaded up Preware, got all of my apps and patches, am getting used to the keyboard.

The Veer feels like a dummy unit. You don't even feel it in your pocket.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Glad to hear how pleased you are with the Veer. This makes me quite envious as a Verizon customer. Maybe Verizon will be the first to get the Veer+.
  16.    #16  
    this is a phone you have to see in person before you make any comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Meaning that a fully functional smartphone that is smaller than the iPhone is hard for them to fathom.
    Probably true. The thing I like least about the iPhone (though I haven't really tried one recently) is the form factor. I think the Pre form factor doesn't get enough positive feedback, and my skepticism about the Veer has been eroding the more I read about it.

My wife and I happened to be near an ATT store last night, and we pulled in to look at a Veer only to see the sales guy bolting the door.

I hope to get my hands on one (to try--I'm theoretically waiting for the Pre3 . . . ) sometime this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    this is a phone you have to see in person before you make any comments.
    i agree. i went yesterday afternoon. although they didn't have a demo unit out, the manager brought out one from the back to at least show the hardware. it's definitely rock solid and has some weight to it (unlike that cheap feeling, semi-tablet infuse that i also took at look at). keyboard seems easy to type on and i don't have small hands (can palm a basketball).

i'm seriously considering jumping to at&t.
    if it was on VZ and the 7" tablet was available or imminent, i would be getting both.
    i am actually in my local BestBuy store because i wanted to come and see the Veer. i got here and they didnt have a Veer on display. Then i noticed a few bestbuy people here starting to pull out a few box from under the desk. one of the bestbuy guys was telling the other, as she pulled our favorite device out of its box, that the new hp veer was the coolest phone on the planet and how it was the smallest phone in the world. he then proceeded to tell her palm's history and the veer marketing sceem. It was a nice change to the other posts here on the forums that no one new about it. i asked them about it and they told me that they had literally just got them in today.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast