Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    i am actually in my local BestBuy store because i wanted to come and see the Veer. i got here and they didnt have a Veer on display. Then i noticed a few bestbuy people here starting to pull out a few box from under the desk. one of the bestbuy guys was telling the other, as she pulled our favorite device out of its box, that the new hp veer was the coolest phone on the planet and how it was the smallest phone in the world. he then proceeded to tell her palm's history and the veer marketing sceem. It was a nice change to the other posts here on the forums that no one new about it. i asked them about it and they told me that they had literally just got them in today.
    How funny you had the same experience at BB that I did last night, and I was one of those on the rant-fest about my ATT experience last Sunday. (Still am...) I went with my wife to BB so she could get some new headphones for her ipod and I stopped at the mobile desk (about 10 feet away!) to see if they had any Veers yet. I fully expected the "HUH?" response, but he says they just came in and proceeds to unlock the cabinet, pulls out the box and hauls out a fully charged, white Veer, already set up and ready to play with!!! He (and one of the other phone associates) was already a Palm guy, but gave up the ghost last year, waiting for "in the coming months"! It was so refreshing to talk to people who understood how cool webOS is, how amazing this little phone is, and who actually cared about what I wanted, instead of trying to persuade me that I was stupid for even wanting to see this. After last Sunday, I was ready to throw my palm/HP golf clubs in the lake, but last night was like birdieing the 18th hole... it'll keep my blood going for a little while longer!
    tim
    it's smaller than my 1995 top of the line weather and news alert beeper I use to have...i remember people bowing at my knees like I invented fire...the Veer reminds me of that time....it lacks nothing for it's size....my custom pre- felt dated after I walked out of the AT&T store...the Veer is a chick magnet...smaller might just be better as long as it's powerful???
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    ...smaller might just be better as long as it's powerful???
    Ohhhhh, I can vouch for that!!!
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
    ohhhhh, i can vouch for that!!!
    Too much information there!
    I just dropped by an AT&T store... Never really been tempted from Sprint, but I likes it... I likes it a lot.
    Just seeing 2GB for $30 hurts me.

I found the pixi keyboard was much better. I got my friend a pixi and she loves it.
    She tried out the Veer and loved everything except the keyboard. I guess it just takes time to adjust.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Just seeing 2GB for $30 hurts me.
    That's one of the reasons why I haven't activated my unlocked Pre2 with AT&T(&T)...
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Too much information there!
    Sorry, falcon, sometimes the filter on my brain kicks in FAR too late!
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    How funny you had the same experience at BB that I did last night, and I was one of those on the rant-fest about my ATT experience last Sunday. (Still am...) I went with my wife to BB so she could get some new headphones for her ipod and I stopped at the mobile desk (about 10 feet away!) to see if they had any Veers yet. I fully expected the "HUH?" response, but he says they just came in and proceeds to unlock the cabinet, pulls out the box and hauls out a fully charged, white Veer, already set up and ready to play with!!! He (and one of the other phone associates) was already a Palm guy, but gave up the ghost last year, waiting for "in the coming months"! It was so refreshing to talk to people who understood how cool webOS is, how amazing this little phone is, and who actually cared about what I wanted, instead of trying to persuade me that I was stupid for even wanting to see this. After last Sunday, I was ready to throw my palm/HP golf clubs in the lake, but last night was like birdieing the 18th hole... it'll keep my blood going for a little while longer!
    ya, The first thing I thought when I saw he knew how awesome the Veer was, "Yes! There's actually a smart person here!" Needless to say, I am probably going to get my Pre3 via BestBuy.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I just walked into a AT&T store today on some spare time to check the little Veer out. All I have to say is wow. What a AMAZINGLY well built and good looking phone. Slider was silky smooth and solid. All the chrome buttons volume, ringer switch, power button all had nice tactile feel. The keyboard did feel noticeable smaller than the Pre but I found it quite easy to type on still even with all the AT&T security crap attached to the phone. webOS was silky smooth and a joy to use. Sadly the phone was only on Edge and a rep at the store blamed that on the sim card inside the phone. The rep though had nothing but good things to say about this phone. Although he does not recall anyone selling one yet. Has had a few lookers though. This phone truly is a piece of art with how small it is. I could not believe its size. I am on Sprint with the Nexus S right now and I am almost tempted to go to AT&T just for this little sexy beast. I'm scared Sprint wont get another webOS phone : (
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12