Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As of this moment, there is one review on the AT&T site, and it's a 1-star rating from someone who hated it. This won't help uptake or the WebOS cause. If you have a Veer and like it, consider going into your AT&T wireless account and posting a positive rating.
    Yea I just read that review and the review makes no sense. He said the phone is bulky/heavy.....really it is the smallest phone ever created and it is bulky? Also he said the keys are small....well it is only again the smallest phone ever created. Why would you buy a small phone then say the keys are too small?

I feel bought it from the website thinking it was bigger or just because it said it was 4g.
    I'm going to hazard a guess and say the single review is from someone who never used the phone...

Pros:
    <none>

Cons:
    battery life(1)
    bulky/heavy(1)
    durability(1)
    freezes(1)
    limited memory(1)
    operating system(1)
    poor navigation(1)
    small keys(1)
    software bugs(1)
    volume level(1)
    They just went down the list and gave everthing 1 star.

I'd give it a better review, but my only experience with it was holding it in a store and typing a few keys on it. My wife was adamently against its size untile she handdled it though. Now the Veer is tempting her.

EDIT: BTW, it looks like anyone can review it, even if you don't have one.
    I can't bring myself to review a product I have only messed with in the store for 10 min, but if I did review it on ATT's site, my review would be...
    Nick Name:
    "I. Mustafa" - Blackfireball5 might understand this one

Overall rating: 4
    Features: 4
    Ease of use: 5
    Battery: 3 (Unknown, going off other reviews)
    Display: 3
    Design: 5 (Based off 10 min. of playing with it)

Pros:
    Ease of use(1)
    Wi-Fi capable(1)
    Good for texting(1) (Again, based off 10 min. of use... Not sure if extended use would make this not a Pro, but the keys felt easy to use)

Cons:
    <none>

Review:
    Small phone that serves a purpose. My wife had thought it was too small until she had a chance to play with the Veer and now is considering buying one. Its size and OS are what set this phone apart from the rest. Easy and intuitive with a splash of discretion.
    Last edited by sinime; 05/17/2011 at 10:12 AM.
    Review submitted! Thanks for reminding me...
    I think the Veer 4G deserves a 4/5 IMO... Too bad I don't own one and I'm not going to submit a review if I don't actually own one lol.
    Everybody should also like it on facebook... HP Veer (TM) 4G* Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T
    you can also reply comment to the user reviews. I did and told the guy he was an *****, basically.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I have an extremely hard time believing this review is from someone who actually bought and used the phone.
    A few reasons:

1. It simply gave the phone a 1 star rating on all items. This in and of itself doesn't prove this review isn't legit, but it does lend itself to the idea.

2. The text of the review "This phone is horrible, not too sure why it even exists. Definetely should have got an android phone. This phone is worthless." could literally be for any non-android phone in existence which the "reviewer" didn't like. It gave absolutely no insights into why the phone is bad. Nothing in the text indicates the "reviewer" has even used the phone at all.

3. The cons which were giving. "battery life, poor navigation, volume level, limited memory, small keys, operating system, bulky/heavy, software bugs, freezes, durability". Some of them I could possibly see as legitimate but others are ridiculous.
    For instance:
    -"Bulky/heavy", really?
    -"Limited memory", This on the surface this seems warranted, 6 gigs available to the user isn't much. But think for a second. It's been out for three days. Anyone who would actually use up the 6 gigs in that much time would have at least looked at the phones memory before buying it, and thhus not bought this phone.
    -"durability", I don't care how much you've been putting the phone through the ropes, you're simply not going to be able to determine how durable it is in three days.
    -"software bugs", "freezes" Again, it's been three days, max. You've managed to find multiple software bugs and freeze up your device several times. I'm impressed, you've managed to do what several professional reviewers didn't. And still, all you have to say about the phone is "This phone is horrible, not too sure why it even exists" with no further elaboration.

Any single one of these may not be enough to dismiss this review, but all together, this says to me one thing: This review is bogus.
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    Yea I just read that review and the review makes no sense. He said the phone is bulky/heavy.....really it is the smallest phone ever created and it is bulky? Also he said the keys are small....well it is only again the smallest phone ever created. Why would you buy a small phone then say the keys are too small?

I feel bought it from the website thinking it was bigger or just because it said it was 4g.
    I would guarantee this user doesnít even know a gesture area exists. The sales rep I talked to didnít even know. HP needs to have much more extensive in store product training on webOS altogether.
    If some ***** posted a negative review without even using the phone, why can't we post a positive one just from playing with the phone for 15 min? I just did :-)
    So she asked: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance, or is it apathy? And I answered: "I don't know and I don't care."
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    You can also mark that review as not helpful. My conscious definitely lets me do that since there's no useful information there.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomStrayThought View Post
    I have an extremely hard time believing this review is from someone who actually bought and used the phone.
    A few reasons:

1. It simply gave the phone a 1 star rating on all items. This in and of itself doesn't prove this review isn't legit, but it does lend itself to the idea.

2. The text of the review "This phone is horrible, not too sure why it even exists. Definetely should have got an android phone. This phone is worthless." could literally be for any non-android phone in existence which the "reviewer" didn't like. It gave absolutely no insights into why the phone is bad. Nothing in the text indicates the "reviewer" has even used the phone at all.

3. The cons which were giving. "battery life, poor navigation, volume level, limited memory, small keys, operating system, bulky/heavy, software bugs, freezes, durability". Some of them I could possibly see as legitimate but others are ridiculous.
    For instance:
    -"Bulky/heavy", really?
    -"Limited memory", This on the surface this seems warranted, 6 gigs available to the user isn't much. But think for a second. It's been out for three days. Anyone who would actually use up the 6 gigs in that much time would have at least looked at the phones memory before buying it, and thhus not bought this phone.
    -"durability", I don't care how much you've been putting the phone through the ropes, you're simply not going to be able to determine how durable it is in three days.
    -"software bugs", "freezes" Again, it's been three days, max. You've managed to find multiple software bugs and freeze up your device several times. I'm impressed, you've managed to do what several professional reviewers didn't. And still, all you have to say about the phone is "This phone is horrible, not too sure why it even exists" with no further elaboration.

Any single one of these may not be enough to dismiss this review, but all together, this says to me one thing: This review is bogus.
    I have to agree with you 100%

What sticks out the most is... -"Bulky/heavy" + "I should have bought an Android."... I'm sorry, but if a Veer is bulky and heavy to a person, how are they going to use an Android phone???
    I see no problem giving a genuine review of the phone after testing it out in store. I might do that later today if I have the chance to stop into a store.
    You can also comment on the review. It's not a terribly obvious button but it's to the lower right. I just did but approval has to be granted before it's posted? Weird.
    Just posted my review of the Veer, as well as a comment on the existing "review." I don't know how the latter even got approved in the first place. Anyway, both should be up "within 72 hours." I also voted "not helpful" on that bad review and I think others should do the same. Customer reviews on a carrier's website are no joke.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomStrayThought View Post
    A few reasons:

For instance:
    -"Bulky/heavy", really?

The reviewer sounds like one of the haters on our forum.
    congrats to everyone who responded to the review on At&T. It's been removed

HP Veer (TM) 4G* Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T
    Why does it say there are no reviews when I go to the link?
    Seems like the bad review has been removed and none of ours have been approved to be posted yet.
    Did anyone notice it's BLACK??? not White as has been reported??? WOW!

Yea, and now there are no reviews. But I 'liked' it!
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast