Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    Any news on the veer getting the unlocked codes?
    If you've seen the previous posts about this, there's nothing new to report, .....yet. In case you hadn't, I'll bring you up to speed.

There's direct knowledge posted throughout these forums of at least two reputable unlock service providers already working on bringing two different Veer unlock solutions to market.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    there is that company but I have no idea if it does work.
    HP Veer Unlock Code - UnlockItNow.com

I haven't have a veer yet but emailed them to confirm if it is live and working.
    Unless someone wants to try ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeromem75 View Post
    [url= Veer Unlock Code - UnlockItNow.com[/url]

I haven't have a veer yet but emailed them to confirm if it is live and working.
    They list the Pre 3 and TouchPad as supported devices for unlocking. I smell something fishy, since those devices are not released yet, so how could they have tested?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    They list the Pre 3 and TouchPad as supported devices for unlocking. I smell something fishy, since those devices are not released yet, so how could they have tested?

-- Rod
    Yeah, I have emailed them about it,
    There's direct knowledge posted throughout these forums of at least two reputable unlock service providers already working on bringing two different Veer unlock solutions to market.
    Just received a reply from the JICTechnologies sales dept on my question about the HP Veer 4G AT&T Unlock:
    Hi

We don’t have it right now.
    We will be adding it shortly.
    Last edited by zwergholdrio; 05/25/2011 at 10:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zwergholdrio View Post
    Just received a reply from the JICTechnologies sales dept on my question about the HP Veer 4G AT&T Unlock:
    Had the same idea, here's what they said:

We are working on another project right now so wont be a for a couple of weeks yet.

On 25/05/2011 15:59:04, benjamin wrote:

> name: Benjamin Leroux
    > Query: Hi,
    >
    > Any news as to when we could expect the unlock for the HP Veer AT&T?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Benjamin
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    If you've seen the previous posts about this, there's nothing new to report, .....yet. In case you hadn't, I'll bring you up to speed.

TTB
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Before everyone starts swamping JIC Tech on a daily basis.
    When they have news, they'll let me know. I'll let you know.

But that's not the direction you should be looking first people.
    There's all sorts of surprises ahead.
    These two posts just about sum it all up, so everyone PLEASE just sit tight. There is good news coming on the horizon, but bothering the guys at these two companies while they are hunched over their Veers working to bring an unlock solution to market won't speed things up.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeromem75 View Post
    url - HP Veer Unlock Code - url

Don't anyone waste your money. For starters, they're not on good terms with the BBB. You'll need to wrestle them to get your money back. If you press hard enough, you may get a refund. Most people just write the money off as a loss after briefly trying.

It doesn't just smell fishy Rod, it IS fishy.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Don't anyone waste your money. For starters, they're not on good terms with the BBB. You'll need to wrestle them to get your money back. If you press hard enough, you may get a refund. Most people just write the money off as a loss after briefly trying.

It doesn't just smell fishy Rod, it IS fishy.
    yeah i asked them and their only reply was the link for the generic unlock link.
    I won't try them.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I received a second reply:

Dear Sir

We cannot say 100% sure the code will be found in the database as sometimes they come back as not found for particular imeis.

If that will be case we will refund in full

Thanks
    I actually did the following and my Pre2 got erased:

1) Have a Pre2 unlocked on T-mobile that I setup using a borrowed T-Mobile SIM with a data plan. Now your palm profile is forever tied to that number by the way.
    2) Purchased a Touchpad and added it to my Palm Profile.
    3) Got a Veer tonight, entered dev mode, installed Impostah and signed in to my Palm Profile. Bang my Pre2 that was turned on with my T-Mobile SIM comes up unprovoked saying do you want to erase or reboot. I select reboot and it comes back up erased. Apps, email, SMS, everything gone. The App catalog event went back to the old Palm catalog. However, it does still have WebOS 2.1.0.

So I turned off the Veer and started rebuilding the Pre2 using dev mode with my existing T-Mobile SIM - no data plan. Had to use Impostah to get the Palm Profile to sign in.

I tried using an existing expired AT&T ToGo card on the Veer with no luck. This same card works on an Iphone in that it will allow you to get passed the emergency call screen because it is a valid SIM - just empty and inactive.

I checked the JSON data while using the Veer and the Pre2 was on and it only showed 2 devices. My TouchPad and one phone.

So the warning is that if you are using your Palm Profile and have another phone be ready for it to get erased too.
    Yep, you can only have one phone and one touchpad on a profile.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchong View Post
    Hi, i'm new here and i'm planning to buy a veer from ebay to use outside US ie Malaysia.

Assuming if i bought an unlock version, i can use Impostah to activate it and then use any other telco sim; or

If i bought a lock version, I have to first use Impostah to activate it and then unlock my phone using JIC Tech.

Am i right?
    Why don't you consider buying an unlocked one from Europe? In Germany they slashed the price for an unlocked Veer by 55%. If you know somebody there then they can activate it for you.

That worked fine for me and my Touchpad was activated in Germany and now in China I have full access to the (German) app catalog. You will still need to have a credit card to buy things but even in Germany there are ways you can get a credit card online (check out the ADAC car club membership card).

I also have my German profile on the new (American, AT&T) Veer and I can get access to the Apps with that as well.
    I have not seen an unlocked QWERTY Veer available in Europe.

-- Rod
    Has anyone had success in updating the app catalog? Mine always displays download failed.
    I just traded and got a HP veer 4g at&t (not unlocked and no at&t sim card) and I am having problems with it! Can somebody please get me an unlock code, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan1k View Post
    I just traded and got a HP veer 4g at&t (not unlocked and no at&t sim card) and I am having problems with it! Can somebody please get me an unlock code, please!
    DigitalUnlock: Click Your Phone to Unlock it Now is the place to go unless you are an HP employee. Impostah may or may not help you if you're on T-Mobile.
    Dan Donovan
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked HP Veer from AT&T I know it's unlocked since I tried my sim card on it and managed to make a phone call through the emergency call screen.
    Thats all I can do though. Since I need to create a Palm Profile and It keeps giving me an error message . I was never able to move into the menu system of the phone.
    My question is:If I send the phone over to the US a friend has Data plan with AT & T and with his Sim Card creates the profile for me and send it back. Will I be able to use the phone then or not?
    I'm thinking of buy a turbo unlock sim card from dinodirect.com for $5 and hope that works.

that's what I did THUNDERCY, right when I was trading the guy reset the veer and I did have a webOS account and it gave me an error trying to login. So I made a new one up it worked, so then he took his sim card out and I could use the veer just without phone service but I am having issues still. I can't check my email. I'm signed in and when I tap on the inbox it refreshes and then gives me a yellow triangle /!\ , proxy/ server error? So now I'm trying to manually set up my yahoo account not by going to account preference> add account> "YAHOO" but add account >"email" where you need to put in everything manually. Right now I am trying to find the yahoo "incoming mail server" and "outgoing mail server."
    is it just me or do the copy, cut, and past functions don't work on the HP veer. I tried to
    tap and hold= nothing! :-|
    tap+c = nothing!! :-(
    tap+tap and hold= nothing!!! :-O
    tap+tap and hold + c =nothing!!!! :'(
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast