Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ahhhh using this veer wifi only is killing me!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    you could be right, my 'that's incorrect' may have been a bit presumptuous!

I've had my Veer since Sunday and haven't been able to enjoy it because of AT&T so if someone can find a way to get this on T-Mobile I'm sold.
    Use #*DEVMODE# and Impostah and you can enjoy it fully on WiFi.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Use #*DEVMODE# and Impostah and you can enjoy it fully on WiFi.

-- Rod
    That's what I'm using right now really wanna use it as my main phone. wanna take some time away from android
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp2009 View Post
    That's what I'm using right now really wanna use it as my main phone. wanna take some time away from android
    Can you confirm that Impostah activated your device record properly and you have full paid app catalog access over wifi?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Can you confirm that Impostah activated your device record properly and you have full paid app catalog access over wifi?

-- Rod
    Yup it worked perfectly haven't downloaded paid apps but have DL'd free apps
    So what's the procedure if one already has an AT&T SIM? Just pop it in and let it go through the first time setup?

It it makes any difference, the SIM would be from an already activated Blackberry.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunland View Post
    I am sorry, the specs on AT&T Veer web page state that 3G - UMTS/HSDPA
    HSPA 850/1900/2100 bands are supported, and I thought T-Mobile uses 1700 and 2100 bands for 3G, am I wrong to assume that means 3G on T-Mobile would work? Thank you for correcting my error I guess I am missing something here ...

BTW I also checked the wikipedia page for T-Mobile where it states under the heading of Cellular Network: "... In 2006 T-Mobile USA spent US$4.2 billion to purchase 120 D,E or F block 1700 MHZ/2100 MHz AWS licenses and began rolling out 3G UMTS services in those frequency bands. Most recently, T-Mobile USA has been upgrading network equipment and back-haul capabilities to enable first HSPA (High Speed Packet Access), then HSPA+ (Evolved HSPA) services in the AWS bands. T-Mobile USA is marketing its HSPA+ services as 4G."
    Based on the above, I concluded that 3G on T-Mobile should be possible, I would be really appreciate it if you could please explain why this isnīt so?
    You can't use 3G(pretend 4G) on T-mobile unless you have a device specifcally designed for their network. They currently use the 1700 band for their 3G network which the Veer does not support. Maybe after the AT&T-mobile merger fails they'll be able to use a more standard spectrum, but for now if they phone isn't designed specifically for use on T-mobile, it can only run on EDGE.
    Can't he just borrow a SIM card, activate, take out the SIM and use it with WIFI?
    Quote Originally Posted by landford View Post
    Can't he just borrow a SIM card, activate, take out the SIM and use it with WIFI?
    If you are in the US, and it's an AT&T sim, yes.

If not, you need Impostah or you risk never being able to access the app catalog on that device due to carrier and geo restrictions.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Just tried to get my free paid app that comes with the phone and gave me a error. So I clicked another paid app and it threw me an error again, Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp2009 View Post
    Just tried to get my free paid app that comes with the phone and gave me a error. So I clicked another paid app and it threw me an error again, Any ideas?
    Posting the error message would be a start ...

Do you have your credit card details entered?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    No credit card details in there. error "The action could not be completed. Try again later."
    Run Lumberjack to get the real error message reported in the logs.

BTW, I believe you need to have credit card details entered to be able to use a promo code.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Run Lumberjack to get the real error message reported in the logs.

BTW, I believe you need to have credit card details entered to be able to use a promo code.

-- Rod
    New to palm homebrew community mainly been on android. Lumberjack an app? Also when I click the link that palm emailed me to get my free app it says "App Catalog could not complete the last action you performed try again later. PMTPAMS1104" How do I add a payment method. BTW when I go to accounts the Dr Skipped Firstuse profile is still there
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    So what's the procedure if one already has an AT&T SIM? Just pop it in and let it go through the first time setup?

It it makes any difference, the SIM would be from an already activated Blackberry.
    If you're in the US and the AT&T SIM has data, yes, just pop it in and activate the phone
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Hi, i'm new here and i'm planning to buy a veer from ebay to use outside US ie Malaysia.

Assuming if i bought an unlock version, i can use Impostah to activate it and then use any other telco sim; or

If i bought a lock version, I have to first use Impostah to activate it and then unlock my phone using JIC Tech.

Am i right?
    There is no unlock available for the Veer as far as I am aware.

-- Rod
    There is no unlock available for the Veer as far as I am aware.

-- Rod
    You mean there's no unlocked veer or no unlocking service available?
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchong View Post
    You mean there's no unlocked veer or no unlocking service available?
    Neither.

The only Veers being sold at present time are locked to AT&T
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Any news on the veer getting the unlocked codes?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast