Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Consistently getting Pretty Impressive Speeds here on my new Veer 4G!! I know its not LTE but it's the next best thing!! Anyone else have some blazing speeds they could share here? Screenshots attached for proof!!.....

Holy smokes, that reaally is fast!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Nice, this just proves how crappy Sprint's Wimax service is. You get 2-4 and late at night you can get peaks at 6-8 (peaks: for a few seconds every 10 minutes). To add to that, Wimax isn't really useful because it eats battery for breakfast, yes i do mean breakfast as in your battery is 75% by the time you eat breakfast. This is why I'm moving to Verizon.
    *rant over*
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Holy smokes, that reaally is fast!
    I know! this thing is like super fast little sports car!!
    Dang, I got 1.73 in San Francisco with 3 bars. My upload was the same and my ping was 119.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Dang, I got 1.73 in San Francisco with 3 bars. My upload was the same and my ping was 119.
    You gotta try a few times. The first is always pathetic don't ask me why.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Maybe your area doesn't have the "enhanced backhaul" ATT says is needed to get the HSPA+ speeds.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Still looks like you're hamstrung by the network. I'd love to get one of these on Telstra NextG - I know a few good spots to test where the phone will definitely be the bottleneck.

Like say, Sydney Airport (the below result is with a Sierra AirCard 312U, HSPA+ dual carrier, with extra latency because of the data going via Melbourne and back):
    Last edited by Hendikins; 05/17/2011 at 08:16 AM.
    is there a speedtest.net for non-flash supported devices? I've got a Pre+.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    is there a speedtest.net for non-flash supported devices? I've got a Pre+.
    There is a app called Net Speed in the Official App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I thought the veer only supported the hspa+ speeds on upload only....hence they could still call it a 4G device.