1.    #1  
    Once I got in the att store, all the employees were wearing Infuse shirts and came to ask me if I wanted one. Being a webos loyal, I asked if they had the veer. Turns out they didn't even have it on display, as many of the employees didn't even know it existed. I don't care how much distribution power HP has, if they don't fix the in store experience they will not sell any phones.
    totally agree.. Had to help the employees set up a profile this morning so people can actually demo the phone!!

in other news, veer was right next to the pixi and I swear that the veer's display is about an 1/8" shorter than the pixi.. I know they have same resolution-- is the veer 2.6 while the pixi is 2.63? Anyone else notice a difference in screen real estate?
    if you post the store in Rate your AT&T Store thread, it will have more impact than this one lone thread.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booyapre View Post
    totally agree.. Had to help the employees set up a profile this morning so people can actually demo the phone!!

in other news, veer was right next to the pixi and I swear that the veer's display is about an 1/8" shorter than the pixi.. I know they have same resolution-- is the veer 2.6 while the pixi is 2.63? Anyone else notice a difference in screen real estate?
    I also noticed yes it is a tad shorter but i believe also a tad wider. Couldn't line them up perfectly but it did appear the veer had a little but shorter but wider display.
    Probably couldn't find it... too small.

On a more serious note, I haven't seen a Veer commercial yet. That's more important than the ATT reps choice of attire.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Probably couldn't find it... too small.

On a more serious note, I haven't seen a Veer commercial yet. That's more important than the ATT reps choice of attire.
    It was mentioned that commercials would start in a couple of weeks, I believe to tie in with the TouchPad release.

The ATT store I went to had a spot for the Veer, but it wasn't out yet. I asked a sales rep about it and he managed to bring the display model out from a back room. Unfortunately it was stuck at the first use screen and his manager that knows how to get it past that was not there. Anyhow I messed with it for a bit and typed away as if sending a text or two and was impressed with the keyboard. I couldn't test how speedy it was compared to my Pre 2 because of the first start screen, but it does feel like a solid little phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    It was mentioned that commercials would start in a couple of weeks, I believe to tie in with the TouchPad release.
    I only mention that because if you are going to launch a phone, shouldn't you advertise for it? This thing should have been shown in every way for two weeks leading up to release.

Imagine if this happened in football. We should blitz after the play is over according to HP.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I only mention that because if you are going to launch a phone, shouldn't you advertise for it? This thing should have been shown in every way for two weeks leading up to release.

Imagine if this happened in football. We should blitz after the play is over according to HP.
    Or, in HP's case, punt on first down??? That way, at least we don't get sacked!

Couldn't agree with you more.
    tim
    What about HP providing Veer T-shirts for the AT&T employees?

I know, Im an instigator.. cant help it!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I also went to an AT&T store that had neither a spot for the Veer or one out on display. I asked about it, the rep didn't know what I was talking about. He asked about it and someone else said "Yeah, it's back there on the stack of junk" I couldn't believe it. The rep went and brought it out. He needed to get the SIM card in the device and didn't know how. I wanted to watch and see what he did. He actually yanked the back off and tore the connectors. I guess that store doesn't have a display model anymore.

I was nice enough to show him where the SIM card went after he put the back back on. Yes, the device didn't work properly after all that.
    i agree... if they were going to give webos a launch, then nothing less than the media blitz that was unleashed for the Motorola Droid is acceptable. quiet launch... the phone will just go into obscurity by the end of the week while the next android phone is going to get the buzz.

and again i wonder, *** the veer first?! you launch with your flagship... you launch with pre3!! geez.

12.    #12  
    the infuse launch definitely overshadowed the veer...at least for now
    Sigh.

I'm sure HP has a couple of marketing guys who know a thing or 2 about ad campaigns.

Let's compare 2 possible explanations:
    Scenario 1:
    HP is a bunch of idiots who know less about marketing products than a random group of tech geeks on precentral. And they could easily have had the Pre3 ready before Veer.

Scenario 2:
    For some combination of technical, logistical and/or carrier negotiated reasons they had the Veer ready before the Pre3. Marketing thought that's not the best phone to lead a big campaign with - but letting it rot in a warehouse while they could easily sell 10000 with a soft launch didn't make sense either.
    So they decided to sell the Veer ASAP and then include it in a S/M/L (Veer/Pre2/Pre3) marketing campaign later.

I'm sure HP can make mistakes and they have and will make mistake.
    But I'm also sure that they are not managed by a bunch of total morons with no idea on how to run things in the real world. Somehow the have been a successful business for decades and now are bigger than ever before.

To me the 2nd explanation makes more sense. It's certainly not scenario 1.

I'm not even a big fan of HP. I just find the assumptions around here very silly.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    att store in cherry hill nj- "what's that?"
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    Sigh.

I'm sure HP has a couple of marketing guys who know a thing or 2 about ad campaigns.

Let's compare 2 possible explanations:
    Scenario 1:
    HP is a bunch of idiots who know less about marketing products than a random group of tech geeks on precentral. And they could easily have had the Pre3 ready before Veer.

Scenario 2:
    For some combination of technical, logistical and/or carrier negotiated reasons they had the Veer ready before the Pre3. Marketing thought that's not the best phone to lead a big campaign with - but letting it rot in a warehouse while they could easily sell 10000 with a soft launch didn't make sense either.
    So they decided to sell the Veer ASAP and then include it in a S/M/L (Veer/Pre2/Pre3) marketing campaign later.

I'm sure HP can make mistakes and they have and will make mistake.
    But I'm also sure that they are not managed by a bunch of total morons with no idea on how to run things in the real world. Somehow the have been a successful business for decades and now are bigger than ever before.

To me the 2nd explanation makes more sense. It's certainly not scenario 1.

I'm not even a big fan of HP. I just find the assumptions around here very silly.
    All that being said, let me guess that: (1) you don't see yourself as a potential Veer buyer; (2) you weren't that excited to walk into an ATT store last Sunday; and, (3) you weren't let down by this cluster of a "launch", because of 1 and 2, above. (?)

If either 1 or 2, or both, had been true, I doubt you would see yourself being quite so philosophical, as well as a bit holier-than-thou.
    tim