Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmpdx View Post
    Does anyone else think it's strange that people are defending the Veer as a great phone...not for themselves, however, but for some imaginary dumbphone user. Even the iPhone is looking at going larger. Miniaturization is a great idea for many products. It just doesn't seem to be the trend in smartphones. HP has wasted resources on the Veer and should have concentrated on the Pre3, TouchPad and a slab phone.
    Never defended the phone for someone else, but it sure ain't for me. AT&T/GSM seals the deal regardless of the phone for me. I would like a smaller phone, but I spend far to much time on my phone with data use (reading news and what not) I use more data than the average smartphone user for sure without any tethering, so personally I am the market for a phone the size of the Pre 3 or about, no problem with my Pre- but won't mind a slightly bigger screen. If the Veer was CDMA, I could see my wife possibly getting one, she would probably want the Pre 3 if that is what I am getting though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Never defended the phone for someone else, but it sure ain't for me. AT&T/GSM seals the deal regardless of the phone for me. I would like a smaller phone, but I spend far to much time on my phone with data use (reading news and what not) I use more data than the average smartphone user for sure without any tethering, so personally I am the market for a phone the size of the Pre 3 or about, no problem with my Pre- but won't mind a slightly bigger screen. If the Veer was CDMA, I could see my wife possibly getting one, she would probably want the Pre 3 if that is what I am getting though.
    I'm the exact same kind of user - a huge data hog, always using my phone for heavy browsing, etc. I thought the Veer wouldn't appeal to me at all, but then started thinking it'd be nice to have a smartphone in a very small package. After carrying the Evo, the Pre and Pre 2, many Blackberries, the Mogul, etc. ... I was getting tired of feeling like I was hauling around a slate.

When I first laid hands on the Veer at the AT&T dealer last Sunday, I was immediately in love. Reminded me of the days several years back, when phone makers were all striving to make the smallest phone around -- except this was a fully-functional webOS smartphone! I was sold.

I've continued my data-hog ways since I picked up the Veer ... and I have to tell you, I got used to the small screen very easily. To the point where now, even though I want the Pre3, I really would love to keep my Veer as well! It's ... pretty amazing. You really have to hold one.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    You're a data hog on ATT?? How? I consider myself a heavy user and I couldn't be on any network besides print (over 7GB/mo)
    I didn't say a data elephant.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I'm the exact same kind of user - a huge data hog, always using my phone for heavy browsing, etc. I thought the Veer wouldn't appeal to me at all, but then started thinking it'd be nice to have a smartphone in a very small package. After carrying the Evo, the Pre and Pre 2, many Blackberries, the Mogul, etc. ... I was getting tired of feeling like I was hauling around a slate.

When I first laid hands on the Veer at the AT&T dealer last Sunday, I was immediately in love. Reminded me of the days several years back, when phone makers were all striving to make the smallest phone around -- except this was a fully-functional webOS smartphone! I was sold.

I've continued my data-hog ways since I picked up the Veer ... and I have to tell you, I got used to the small screen very easily. To the point where now, even though I want the Pre3, I really would love to keep my Veer as well! It's ... pretty amazing. You really have to hold one.
    Yeah the wife and I are going to hit an ATT store tomorrow while we are running around. Unfortunately ATT is not an option for me, too many bad experiences (my parents and brother are on ATT, also 2 close friends). Still wanna play with one though. I think the small screen wouldn't get to me so much if I finally went and got glasses, the last few years my eyes have been getting worse (almost 30). We are under contract til October so I have some time to wait and see where everything drops before shopping carriers and seeing if we can afford to leave Sprint. With the home phone and DSL threw AT&T I could be tempted to look at a reduced cell plan (if I can get a corp discount too).

Thanks for the review though, been planning on at least getting my hands on one all week.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    You're a data hog on ATT?? How? I consider myself a heavy user and I couldn't be on any network besides print (over 7GB/mo)
    You tether? Just curious 7 gigs has me beat for sure, I do use wifi at home some and sometimes at work if the data signal is bogging down. Don't think I would hit 7 unless I was trying.
    wow, that's alot of traffic. I usually use 4gb+ per month. I don't think I had over 5gb though. I am currently in Verizon, i hope that they honor the grandfather plan when they put the cap on their network.
    No tethering. I have an office job and use Pandora all day and youtube while on lunch. I listen to tech podcasts on the way home from work and then more podcats/streaming music at the gym. 3G sucks at my house so I'm usually on wifi there. It amazes me sometimes when I read that people don't hit 200MB. I couldn't live without unlimted. These devices are very capable and I def get my money's worth.
    I can see that now, I constantly break 3-4 gigs. I don't stream as much at work, my coworker talks to me too damn much and I always end up having to pause or take my headphones off (my wife even got me some big over the ear headphones cuz people would just talk to me when I had the ear buds in). I do download the Adam Carolla Podcast daily for in the car and some at work listening and stream some at work but we do have free wifi for that so it's not always over the network. If I didn't get distracted so much throughout the day, I would be up there with you at least around 6 gigs.

I am with you I don't know how people don't break 200 megs, I could break 200 megs with web browsing and NewsRoom. My wife will break 500 megs minimum and her job had horrible signal (no 3G in the building and no signal in spots), she doesn't do the podcasts, doesn't really stream much, and doesn't use the web nearly as much as I do.

I would trade lower any time minutes for no data cap for sure.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345