1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having data issues? About every 20-30 minutes I will not receive any notifications (I receive a ton normally) so I will fire up the browser and it just spins. The only way to fix it is to do a reboot. It also drains the battery during this time, although it shows H+ and 3-4 bars of service.

Any thoughts?
    I'm having the same problem....but on a Verizon Pre 2. Started over the weekend. Turning airplane mode on and off also fixes it--temporarily.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    My Pre minus does this all the time, with the airplane mode on and off the quick (but temporary) fix.
    My Sprint Pre - I replaced last week didn't do this (it did everything else though!). To be clear, the data connection isn't showing as gone. It just seems stuck or timed out.

Lou, what network are you on?
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Is anyone else having data issues? About every 20-30 minutes I will not receive any notifications (I receive a ton normally) so I will fire up the browser and it just spins. The only way to fix it is to do a reboot. It also drains the battery during this time, although it shows H+ and 3-4 bars of service.

Any thoughts?
    Not normal behavior that's for sure. Is the reboot the only thing that fixes it? Have you tried turning on airplane mode and then back off? Does this issue only occur when you find yourself in a set location or does it happen no matter where you are at? It seems your device is losing the connection, I'm wondering if your device loses the connection and then picks it back up, but your device doesn't really update itself with this information. (way confusing I know, hope you can follow).
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Hardbeatz, mine is happening all over the place. I just got the Pre 2 last week but didn't notice this problem before this past weekend. I just tried reactivating the phone on verizon (*228) to see if that helps. I did doctor yesterday in an attempt to correct really squirelly contact and contact picture behavior.
    it happened to me alot when I had my Pre Plus. I turned airplane mode and come back, always helped me fixed it. Funny thing is that my Iphone 4 does that few times, especially after I got off from subway. Airplane mode also helped my iphone as well. I think it's more to do with way the network issue and how they work. Can't be fault on the device. Maybe it is.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    dealing with this as well, makes my phone as used for biz very unreliable "did you get my email?, no I did not while in fact the phone does not take it in"..... same with apps.
    spoken to Palm, where they want to now do a full wipe out.... I xpect it to be a radio issue.
    Usually do a reboot, now tried airplane mode and that gets it up as well.

We call it a bug. HPalm calls it a feature............
    Last edited by sjaakb; 05/16/2011 at 01:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    My Sprint Pre - I replaced last week didn't do this (it did everything else though!). To be clear, the data connection isn't showing as gone. It just seems stuck or timed out.

Lou, what network are you on?
    Mine is a Sprint Pre Minus. Started happening maybe a month ago, happens maybe a few times a week. I use it mostly on wifi (work at home), and for a while thought it was only happening when I moved away from the network and it somehow failed to pick up a cell signal. But last few times it has happened while in the house, sometimes mid-use (for example I'll be reading tweets on Spaz for 5 minutes and then go to click on a link and it just spins until saying "no signal").

It is only a minor annoyance, because it can be fixed (for me) in the time it takes to turn airplane mode on and off. But it certainly does happen.
  10.    #10  
    Unfortunately airplane mode doesn't fix the issue. Its definitely sucking down battery. Yesterday I used it nonstop and went down about 30% from 4pm til about 9:30. Today it went down 50% in about 3 hours. I hate to think I have to doctor/exchange a brand new phone but it might be my only option. AT&T did some work on their end but they found no problems.
    I pulled the sim and reinserted it as a last attempt.

also, when I go into phone and preferences the Call options' such as call waiting all come up with the yellow triangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Unfortunately airplane mode doesn't fix the issue. Its definitely sucking down battery. Yesterday I used it nonstop and went down about 30% from 4pm til about 9:30. Today it went down 50% in about 3 hours. I hate to think I have to doctor/exchange a brand new phone but it might be my only option. AT&T did some work on their end but they found no problems.
    I pulled the sim and reinserted it as a last attempt.

also, when I go into phone and preferences the Call options' such as call waiting all come up with the yellow triangle.
    It sounds bad. Just return it and try it out with new one. Hopely that will take care the issue.
  12.    #12  
    So I may have pulled all of my hair out. The last rep I spoke with said there are no network problems and I should immediately return my phone (as passlogix recommended).

I went to an AT&T corporate store on Market street in the Financial District and they told me they didn't have any Veer's in stock to exchange, but would give me a new SIM card.

After work I went to the store where I bought the Veer and the 'manager' told me they had network outages all over the city, and that's what the problem was. I told him that tech support checked and told me there were no outages and that the phone should be returned immediately (they noted the account). He refused to even check the computer insisting the network outages were the reason.

I got home and the phone worked fine (I live about 2 miles from where I work). I got to work this morning, and once again no data and no incoming/outgoing calls even though I have 4 bars of service. It's back to draining the battery at an alarming rate (20% in one hour) which didn't happen last night.

I can't return the phone because nobody has any in stock, yet it might be an AT&T issue. I plan on checking in with an iPhone user at work to see if they are having any problems.