Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Been trying for 10 hrs to get Preware on my Veer. For some reason every time I try to install the novacomm drivers it says installation failed? I'm using one of the new MacBook Pro's that just came out a month ago not sure if it has something to do with it? I just really need some help getting preware up and running!

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/16/2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: fixed title / clarified post
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    http://install.preware.org

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I've already been looking at that page for 10 hrs. I need hellllppppp!!!!! I've been trying to use quick install and standalone but I believe both wontwork since the driver dont install?
    Suggestion for what I do when issue can't be resolved.

step back from the Veer for at least 4 hours, come back later today or tomorrow. Sometimes fresh eyes will help.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Suggestion for what I do when issue can't be resolved.

step back from the Veer for at least 4 hours, come back later today or tomorrow. Sometimes fresh eyes will help.
    Thats what I did, its now tommorow and I'm still getting knowhere.
    ahh, ok GL!
    I see pandas.
    Try posting it on the Preware thread in WebOS Internals section.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    I've already been looking at that page for 10 hrs. I need hellllppppp!!!!! I've been trying to use quick install and standalone but I believe both wontwork since the driver dont install?
    Dude, calm the freak down. Firstly, choose a better topic heading. Secondly, do you know who makes WOSQI? Try that forum/twitter.

Seriously, calm down.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 05/16/2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Be nice
    Recommendation from Rod Whitby, the Preware godfather: don't mess with this until the webOS doctor comes out for the Veer.

First, the webOS doctor will have the drivers in it, and there may be some updates necessary.

Second, if you screw something up, you won't be able to recover without it.

So, my advice would be to wait a little bit. You shouldn't have to wait too long.

Edit: my bad, it appears it is available.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 05/16/2011 at 12:05 PM.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Recommendation from Rod Whitby, the Preware godfather: don't mess with this until the webOS doctor comes out for the Veer.

First, the webOS doctor will have the drivers in it, and there may be some updates necessary.

So, my advice would be to wait a little bit. You shouldn't have to wait too long.
    The webOS doctor for the Veer is now available. http://www.webosroundup.com/2011/05/hp-veer-has-arrived%E2%80%A6-need-a-doctor/
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

Isn't it already out? Look a few threads down
    Oops, my bad. Editing my post now...
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    Yep. I have tried
    Yep. I have tried
    So rather than having people just randomly throw things out there, it might be better to state more clearly which steps you've tried. It seems that you're having difficulty getting novacom to install on your MBP.

That doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Veer.

Do I misunderstand?
    MBP = ?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    So rather than having people just randomly throw things out there, it might be better to state more clearly which steps you've tried. It seems that you're having difficulty getting novacom to install on your MBP.

That doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Veer.

Do I misunderstand?
    I have tried using Quick install program and standalone installer with no success.

Quick install says i need to have the novacomm driver installed to work properly but fails at every install and gives me the pic i has posted in the first post(which mod deleted for some reason) .

Standalone gives me the same installation failed when i try to install the drivers.

I have checked and my java is up to date.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    MBP = ?
    Macbook Pro
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I've been running Preware on my Veer and have used it to install lots of packages since mid-day yesterday. Can you give me some details? Did you download the quick install .jar file? Are you running Java 1.6? Can't help much without some more detail. I am new to WebOS, but I'm a Linux guru -- so, I'll help where I can.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I have tried using Quick install program and standalone installer with no success.

Quick install says i need to have the novacomm driver installed to work properly but fails at every install and gives me the pic i has posted in the first post(which mod deleted for some reason) .

Standalone gives me the same installation failed when i try to install the drivers.

I have checked and my java is up to date.
    oops -- jbg beat me to it...

That said, did you check Java Preferences and ensure 1.6 is ACTUALLY getting used?

Also, which version of OS X are you running?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast