Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmarsden View Post
    I've been running Preware on my Veer and have used it to install lots of packages since mid-day yesterday. Can you give me some details? Did you download the quick install .jar file? Are you running Java 1.6? Can't help much without some more detail. I am new to WebOS, but I'm a Linux guru -- so, I'll help where I can.
    Keep in mind I'm using a mac it said to make sure you have the latest version of java go to software update and make sure there are no updates available anbd everything is up to date so I'm assuming I'm using the latest java version?
    Have you tried running the webOS doctor for the Veer? With your Veer nowhere near your computer, you can run the webOS doctor up until the point it asks you to plug in. That will install the novacom drivers, and they should be the latest and greatest.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmarsden View Post
    oops -- jbg beat me to it...

That said, did you check Java Preferences and ensure 1.6 is ACTUALLY getting used?

Also, which version of OS X are you running?
    how do i get to java preferences?

OSX 10.6.7
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Have you put your phone in Developer Mode?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Have you put your phone in Developer Mode?
    yes
    Do you have an older Pre, Pre Plus, or Pixi you can test the Preware install with on this Mac Book Pro?

Doing this will eliminate the Veer from the equation and determine if this is a problem on the Mac Book or with the Veer.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Have you tried running the webOS doctor for the Veer? With your Veer nowhere near your computer, you can run the webOS doctor up until the point it asks you to plug in. That will install the novacom drivers, and they should be the latest and greatest.
    Yes it does the same thing says "installation failed" and gives me the pic that i posted in original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    Yes it does the same thing says "installation failed" and gives me the pic that i posted in original post.
    I wonder if there's a permissions issue or something. Have you tried rebooting your computer recently? It sounds to me like the problem is on your computer.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Here is what I would try (and has worked for me in the past)

1. Install this older version of WebOSQI http://images.precentral.net/sites/p...ickInstall.jar
    2. Go to File, then Options, then press on the Attempt Novacom (re)Installation Button
    3. Wait.... then plug your phone into your computer

That should work and you should be able to install preware.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    Here is what I would try (and has worked for me in the past)

1. Install this older version of WebOSQI http://images.precentral.net/sites/p...ickInstall.jar
    2. Go to File, then Options, then press on the Attempt Novacom (re)Installation Button
    3. Wait.... then plug your phone into your computer

That should work and you should be able to install preware.
    When I click on file-options nothing happens?
    Mac OS X: Updating your software

Make sure you have java.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    Mac OS X: Updating your software

Make sure you have java.
    Yes i have version 1.6. Software is fully up to date.
    Okay, how about the SDK? Rod said it is "guaranteed" to work. http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2963203
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Okay, how about the SDK? Rod said it is "guaranteed" to work. http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2963203
    Ok I'm downloading now. Never used the palm install tool. Once i download sdk where do i go from there?
    Actually, if you don't get any errors on installing the SDK, the drivers should be installed for you, and you can use any of the methods on this page: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Actually, if you don't get any errors on installing the SDK, the drivers should be installed for you, and you can use any of the methods on this page: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    So installing the sdk should force the drivers onto my computer then? I really hope this works my joy of owning the veer has been turned to frustration and I want to get back to the fun stuff!

Edit; do i install the pdk also it says i have the option?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Ok so installed SDK now when I try to use preware installer it says "No devices have been found" and when i try to use "quick installer" it says "No devices are connected, connect a device and relaunch"

So apparently i must now have the drivers installed but still no go.
    try resetting the computer?
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    Ok so installed SDK now when I try to use preware installer it says "No devices have been found" and when i try to use "quick installer" it says "No devices are connected, connect a device and relaunch"

So apparently i must now have the drivers installed but still no go.
    I got nothin. I don't know why it's not working for you. We need some bigger hitters to help out.
    All I had to do was do the 4.04 install (it asked if I wanted to install the novacomm drivers and I allowed it to)... once I had that done, and the Veer connected, however, it couldn't find my little buddy. I had it in dev mode... so I rebooted the Veer with it connected, and lo and behold, once it started booting, it connected just fine and I was able to install. One thing you want to keep in mind, though, is that one of the other posters might be right... run DiskUtility against your boot drive and ask it to 'repair permissions' - the JavaVM on the Mac has a bad habit of getting screwy permissions on the directory it installs to. A reboot of your Mac after that will also help.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast