Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Just found another HUGE plus!! Ever since the pre- to the pre+ to the pre2 I have never been able to utilize the streaming music apps like Pandora. I like plugging my smartphone into my cars system but when I listened to Pandora on all 3 gen devices the sound lacked any sort of respectable bass and was overall gutless and unusable compared to other ios and android devices. All my friends agreed.

I can say that with the Veer the issue has FINALLY been remedied. I was amazed to hear good punchy bass response coming from my car system I almost couldn't believe my ears!!!! This is really important as Pandora has remained my favorite Multimedia and probably overall favorite app across all the platforms I've used. I wasn't expecting this to be fixed, was even expecting audio quality to be worse perhaps since it has to travel through the adapter and all. I am ecstatic that finally Pandora sounds good on webOS!!!! After all these years there is finally good sound quality and some actual decent bass, its almost like a Miracle!!!
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    This! This is what I was talking about! See the love, feel the love. Man, your excitement is getting me excited.
    NNJ
    Maybe it was because of the adapter that the audio sounds better.
    Excellent! Good to hear this is improved!
    I see pandas.
    Without seeing the internals, I can only assume that the CODEC chip may have been upgraded.
    My Galaxy S for example utilizes Wolfson WM8994, a Very good audio chip.

Anyone know what chip the Pre/Pre+/Pre2 used?
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Literally LOL!
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Even possible. Beast Audio is technology isolating the ground in the audio jack, no metal contacts, other things (or something to that effect). Maybe they implemented a similar design in this adapter?
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    That sounds right that the chip has been upgraded. Would be funny if the adapter has some amplifying capability or something lol. This is always one of the first things I check when I get a new phone and was really dissapointed when I found my Pre2 had the same unacceptable Pandora quality as my Pre+. I used to have to use it as a wifi hotspot then run Pandora on an iPhone or something to get decent tunes going in my car. Great I can just plug and play finally with good quality directly. Snapping on the magnetic adapter is kinda cool too just wish the cord pointed up instead of down. Stoked!!
    Some digging around reveals that the original pre used TWL5030. Not a dedicated Audio codec.

The chip is not only an Audio Codec, but a Power manager AND a USB 2.0 transceiver. So no dedicated CODEC chip in original pre.
    I am glad to hear sound quality has been improved. I have been afraid to plug my Pixi+ into my car stereo as a music player because it tends to get stuck in headphone mode. I actually relied on my previous phone (LG Env3) as my music player in lieu of my iPod Nano. As I pointed out in another thread, the headpone adapter may actually be a good thing. I can only hope the "stuck in headphone mode" issue has been corrected on the Pre3 or possibly there is a Veer in Verizon's future.
    maybe HP used some of their 'beats audio' tech in the veer?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    maybe HP used some of their 'beats audio' tech in the veer?
    Sure sounds like it!
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Just curious: did you guys have "higher quality audio" enabled in the preferences?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I wonder if the Pre3 will have a dedicated audio codec / audio chip?
    Quote Originally Posted by spartca View Post
    I wonder if the Pre3 will have a dedicated audio codec / audio chip?
    The Pre3 is a bit larger then the Pre so there should be more real estate. I do hope they use a dedicated codec chip. Wolfson has many excellent choices, i'm hoping.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I religiously listen to Pandora in my car. No radio, no XM, no CD's. Just Pandora. This is indeed good news.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    Just curious: did you guys have "higher quality audio" enabled in the preferences?
    I always have higher quality checked no matter the device. I am a hardcore Pandora user.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    I am glad to hear sound quality has been improved. I have been afraid to plug my Pixi+ into my car stereo as a music player because it tends to get stuck in headphone mode. I actually relied on my previous phone (LG Env3) as my music player in lieu of my iPod Nano. As I pointed out in another thread, the headpone adapter may actually be a good thing. I can only hope the "stuck in headphone mode" issue has been corrected on the Pre3 or possibly there is a Veer in Verizon's future.
    The bug about getting stuck in headphone mode was due to the headphone jack, which has since been fixed in all newer phones. (Pre 2 and up)
    pre2 uses same headphone jack as pre-
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    pre2 uses same headphone jack as pre-
    I don't know, I don't work for Palm. I'm just relaying what Palm told me. Maybe it has to do with how it is installed into the phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast