Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please use this thread to discuss the launch of the Veer.

As noted in our open Letter to Members, please remember that discussions are fine, but trolling will not be tolerated.

Thank you!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/15/2011 at 07:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I'm a Sprint customer, so I have not really been around this forum much, and I honestly wasn't interested in the Veer until the reviews started coming in. Though I have no interest in switching to AT&T, but I wanted to see the Veer in the flesh.

So I called AT&T to ask if they would have real units to play with tomorrow, and the response I got when talking to the guy in charge of inventory? "We don't have... that." To which I said "Isn't it going to be released tomorrow?" "No, the Infuse comes out tomorrow. I don't know if we're even getting the Veer."

After that disappointment I called two Best Buy stores. Both had not even heard of the Veer. They only knew that they did not have any today, and would not have any tomorrow either. I expected a huge push for webOS now that HP is in the picture, and I am hugely disappointed in hearing that no one (In ATT stores or Best Buy) even knows when it's coming or if it's coming.

This is turning out to be worse than the Pre - launch two years ago.
    Did you call a AT&T corporate store? Did you read the other Best Buy thread?
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I refuse to even buy phones in actual stores now adays because the people there are severe idiots who just run around screaming about Android. I remember in October when I got my Pre Plus the woman was begging me to get a Samsung Fascinate and I told her I would rather die than use Android after my whole Droid debacle.
    haha. I just read your thread after going through the same ordeal. See my post in the bestbuy free veer thread. Same exact thing. Best Buy said they have not gotten any Veers and availability is questionable for tomorrow.
    I did however also ask for infuse, was told they got plenty and I can come reserve one today and pick it up tomorrow if I wanted.

Wow.
    this is why I only buy my phones from the carrier web site directly.
    Guys....yes store associates are idiots. BUT THIS IS A PROBLEM! If THEY don't know about these phones, how are they supposed to suggest them to potential customers?!? Most NEW smartphone customers buy from IN THE STORE not "directly from HP".....so if these are the ppl that HP is targeting.....they arent being provided the option to find out about the phones *facepalm*
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    this is why I only buy my phones from the carrier web site directly.
    99 dollars at ATT vs free at best buy, you choose.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    99 dollars at ATT vs free at best buy, you choose.
    Also, if you change your mind with-in 30 days. $35 restocking fee at AT&T vs. $0 fee at Best Buy.
    I've officially lost hope in the Veer having any push from AT&T or HP. Count me among the pessimists now.

I believed the whole 'wait til launch day and they will advertise it'. But this is scary, it's looking to be a Pre2 online only debacle. Only us ******* are going to know it exists and 95% of us don't want it because we aren't really the target audience.

Is this phone even on HP's front page yet? It's like they are releasing it just because they had it lying around. The fact that the Palm name is still all over it screams HP doesn't give a rats ***.
    I can't believe fan + boy = censored! That's kinda funny
    Ok, so I read the post about hiring positions for Best Buy WebOS demonstrators.

This Veer release is going to be very quiet. We know thats true and I'm not going to eat my boot tomorrow or Monday. But I'm thinking they will step up everything once the TouchPad is out. So for everyone who was excited, like me, for a big push with the Veer release will have to wait until June to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by axoneill View Post
    I can't believe fan + boy = censored! That's kinda funny
    I LOLed when I discovered that, too. Apparently it's a pretty common censor term on web-forums..
    Ok, so I read the post about hiring positions for Best Buy WebOS demonstrators.

This Veer release is going to be very quiet. We know thats true and I'm not going to eat my boot tomorrow or Monday. But I'm thinking they will step up everything once the TouchPad is out. So for everyone who was excited, like me, for a big push with the Veer release will have to wait until June to see.
    Agreed. I don't think HP really intends to push the Veer. Sure, it would be a nice lead into your heavy rotation, Touchpad and Pre 3 but I'm thinking that HP just wanted to get the Veer out there and wait a couple of weeks for the heavy hitter.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I do think HP needs to put some serious marketing muscle behind this.

I've officially lost hope in the Veer having any push from AT&T or HP. Count me among the pessimists now.

I believed the whole 'wait til launch day and they will advertise it'. But this is scary, it's looking to be a Pre2 online only debacle. Only us ******* are going to know it exists and 95% of us don't want it because we aren't really the target audience.

Is this phone even on HP's front page yet? It's like they are releasing it just because they had it lying around. The fact that the Palm name is still all over it screams HP doesn't give a rats ***.
    Just wondering, where do you guys live? I mean, if you live in some small midwestern town, it's not all that telling that your reps don't know about the Veer, but if it's in a major city, then yes it's disappointing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Just wondering, where do you guys live? I mean, if you live in some small midwestern town, it's not all that telling that your reps don't know about the Veer, but if it's in a major city, then yes it's disappointing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    i Consider San Diego to be a pretty big city..... Veer is hardly known around here. Some reps might know, others don't. The part the matters don't have a clue, and that' the consumers.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    San Jose. You know, Silicon Valley, Bay Area, a hop, skip and a jump away from Palm headquarters, that San Jose. I would think that if anywhere would know, it would be here.
    Where are the veer minis!?!! Dispatch!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Agreed. I don't think HP really intends to push the Veer. Sure, it would be a nice lead into your heavy rotation, Touchpad and Pre 3 but I'm thinking that HP just wanted to get the Veer out there and wait a couple of weeks for the heavy hitter.
    There is always hope in the company to do something that looks bad on the outset, become right later on. I don't share the same hope.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast