Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    Oh...i don't mind working at a sprint store tending to a Pre3 display grabbing some droidheads by the neck and open there minds

Careful, you are starting to become what you hate. Leave the mind control to Apple.
    Was going to pick one up today. I have couple of out of contract lines for me to use.

I've now dedicated one line to the Pre3, other to the Samsung Galaxy S II. Unless they botch the pre3 launch (in that case, iphone5 will replace the pre3 for me). I REFUSE to own a product that it's company does not push or stand behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmpdx View Post
    Naive
    I need an ice cold glass of Evian.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    So, the bottom line is, if you want one, you can have one, at what appears to be a reasonable price, either on or off contract, through AT&T.

Uh.... no. If all the stores at least had them and the staff were aware of them then that *might* be okay. Instead, unless things change greatly in the next week or so, you're going to have another badly selling Palm/HP phone which will cast a dark cloud over future phone releases... you think poorly selling release after poorly selling release and suddenly the Pre 3 is going to be a hit?

They should have held back the Veer if they are not going to push it now. It's a solid phone, it doesn't *need* the Pre3 or the tablet to sell.

They should be marketing it and pushing to the same demo that bought the Centro by the truckloads.
    Just Called ATT in Destin, FL and nothing. Just called best buy here too.

"Do you have the HP veer?"

The what?

The HP Veer V-e-e-r

One sec lemme check.

Nope not here but I can order it for you online.

Do you have a demo unit?

No. But we have a dummy unit which should give you the idea of size and weight...

"Thanks"

:<

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I went to best buy this morning just to see the veer and they did not have it there but said they could order it for me. I then went to the ATT store and they did have one but when I went to use it the battery was dead, I did think that having a dead battery was odd, the store opened at 11:00 am and I was there at 11:05 am. Interesting the first day to release a phone and not even have it charged. The sales man then attempted to plug in the charger for the pixi plus that was next to the veer, I told him that it won’t work and that he will need the magnetic attachment. I also took the time to ask if ATT could match the plan I have with Sprint, after adding up all the extra charges ATT would have cost mean extra 50 to 60 dollars more a month then sprint
    After leaving ATT I decided to stop at the Sprint store to see if there was a phone that interested me, after talking to the salesman at sprint I had the feeling that he didn’t care if I was with sprint for 15 years or if Sprint will be getting anymore Webos phones.
    When I arrived home the conversation I had with the salesman at Sprint still bugged me so I decided to call Sprint. I spoke to two very nice ladies at sprint, the second lady told me without going into details that she was trained on a device that is now under the HP name. I hope she was talking about the Pre3. I guess I will wait, my original pre- is still alive and have 2 backup pre’s off ebay and I still love Webos.
    Last edited by ebsjas; 05/15/2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: the second lady told me without going into details that she was trained two weeks a on a device that is now under the HP name
    IcerC-can you please post your experience in the Rate your AT&T store thread so it doesn't get lost among the threads?

Everyone else, same thing--would be good to put all these in one easy-to-find place.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...tore-veer.html
    I can't help but shake my head at people who think the Veer will sell itself.

I'm not an advocate for the Veer, far from it. But at least try to sell your product if you supposedly stand behind it!

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    I can't help but shake my head at all the armchair marketing experts this community has.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I don't care about any kind of t-shirt.

What's disturbing me just moderately is the fact some people on this forum act like HP stole their baby and sold it to gypsies.
    And are giving a multi billion dollar company marketing advice like they need it.
    People need to take a step back and look at themselves from the outside. It's quite an hilarious spectacle.
    HP apparently does need it concerning their mobile department because obviously the AT&T people are actively selling the Infuse, not the Veer.

But I get advertisement after advertisement for HP's bread and butter products. No Veer email though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Went to an AT&T store in the mall to try and see it. It wasn't out. I asked one of the sales girls wearing the infusion shirt if I could see the new HP Veer that came out today. She immediately went into the back and then came back with it with a big security device dangling off its back. It was not powered on either. But I've gotta say, wow. The thing is WAY smaller than I thought from the pictures seen. Like, wow! I thought it was really badass looking. Just blown away by how small it is! I half wanted one after seeing it!
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    HP apparently does need it concerning their mobile department because obviously the AT&T people are actively selling the Infuse, not the Veer.

But I get advertisement after advertisement for HP's bread and butter products. No Veer email though.
    Their last email carried this article in it.
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    HP still hasn't quite understood consumer-focused marketing yet. Yes, it's great to be vertically integrated in the sense it controls both webOS and the manufacturing of the device, like Apple. But unlike Apple with its Apple Stores, HP does not have any of its own retail outlets that I know of. Heck, even a mall kiosk (like I once saw Nokia once had) would be a baby step in the right direction. HP cannot trust other retailers, even Best Buy, to do a stellar job of selling the new products like the Veer because those numbskulls care more about hawking Android devices (probably because of better commission, I suppose).
    i went to att and got my veer today off contract. it bites because i couldn't get hspa+ on the off contract internet. This was kind of a downer. So far though loving the device. its built super solid and very easy to type on. Feels very elegant and solid. I think the side connections are really cool. I don't know why people complained about them. The only issue is that they wont be widespread but im digging the whole magnets connecting thing. Right now my veer is next to me juicing up... im loving it.

best buy dropped the ball but some att stores in pittsburgh had them. They were of course clueless and pushing the infuse. I tell you what though, nobody bought an infuse today and i was there at like 3pm. so i don't think anybody had a good launch today. I am just happy to have the veer. I wish att had it in white though.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zefyx View Post
    I'm not surprised, why are any of you? It has been like this since day one.
    This is day 1.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Geez, everyone thinks every launch has to be "iPhone" - like in order to be successful.
    Forget a marketing plan. Is it too hard to ask that a couple phones be in stock, maybe 1 be on display, and for the sales people to at least have heard of it???
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Their last email carried this article in it.
    I mean their advertising emails. My latest sale emails from HP, NO VEER:

SAVE UP TO 40%* on all graduate essentials!

HP Business Promotions - Starting at just $14/mo.* for HP office solutions

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    I don't give a squat about the knowledge of a retail sales person. I have never in my entire life walked into a store, and bought something based on what knowledge the sales person provided. I either decide on my own at the spot (which is rare, very rare), Or I walk in KNOWING what I want to buy (95% of the time).

So in this case, I wanted to walk in, sign the contract, pay the taxes, grab my phone and come home. Didn't happen.
    Some people, though, like to touch & feel what they are going to purchase. Does it feel good in the hand? 1st hand account if the slider is as solid as it has been described/ How tiny is the tiny screen? Can I really type w/this keyboard? None of that requires any brains from a sales person. Just the ability to know about the phone & hand it to you for self testing.

Others need help & instruction. Since the phone hasn't been advertised, why would someone outside the tech world be interested in a phone of they don't even know exists?
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Seems as though we getting different communications based on our respective fields:

Technology at Work.

Makes me want to think that HP will be concentrating on their corporate market first and consumers second.
    NNJ
    I think hp is not really thinking the veer as their flagship product...the pre3 and touchpad are. So the marketing is all targetin the latter.

they will advertise all 3 together in a commercial when all 3 released. Small.medium.lg
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    OK, everybody, get this: webOS roundup just posted a story about the Veer selling on Amazon.com for $49.99 OFF CONTRACT.

I just ordered one and nowhere does it give you a place to even purchase a contract. This can't be true! Here is the amazon link:

Amazon.com: HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, Black (AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories

This is just nuts, but if it goes through, I'm happy with that price to check it out.
    tim
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast