Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Went to two best buy stores neither of them have any clue on what the phone is an neither have it in stock. Driving to att store now to check it out.

So far a complete failure

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Wow. ATT seems like a bunch of "a holes". It's not nearly as bad with Verizon (in my experience). They knew what the Pre 3 was but they wouldn't tell me when it would be available.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    Went to two best buy stores neither of them have any clue on what the phone is an neither have it in stock. Driving to att store now to check it out.

So far a complete failure

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Does it really even matter if the stores have it? The people in the precentral community are the only ones that even know the veer, pre3 and touchpad even exist.
    The major phone buyer might see the veer when they go to a store that has it, and it appears that is all HP really cares for right now.
    I'm in the UK so can't comment on how it's going over the pond there. But, I suppose HP don't really have that many contacts in the mobile phone world, and it's only as strong as Palm's name until they can build it up.
    I would have thought their big push will come with the Pre 3 and TouchPad. I don't think the Veer was ever intended to be a huge seller. The Pre is still the 'Flag ship' product
    Immediate Response from Palm below, makes sense to let them execute on their "plan' and then we judge:

"My first post got clipped... thanks to airport free wifi being 45 min only. 'Click to reconnect...' what's that about?

Anyway, my point is we are ramping up products, so they can be broadly available when the ads, web and other things hit big. Right now, there's reviews happening, because they are on the front of the line.

All of this is part of the plan and there's a lot of people working hard to make it happen. We appreciate your support and hope this makes sense to you all.

Thanks "
    Immediate Response from Palm below (VP Kerris posted on the forums, see below), makes sense to let them execute on their "plan' and then we judge:

"My first post got clipped... thanks to airport free wifi being 45 min only. 'Click to reconnect...' what's that about?

Anyway, my point is we are ramping up products, so they can be broadly available when the ads, web and other things hit big. Right now, there's reviews happening, because they are on the front of the line.

All of this is part of the plan and there's a lot of people working hard to make it happen. We appreciate your support and hope this makes sense to you all.

Thanks "

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post2962740
    Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Immediate Response from Palm below (VP Kerris posted on the forums, see below), makes sense to let them execute on their "plan' and then we judge:

Thanks "

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post2962740

Palm executives are dependent on free internet wifi? .

I'm not here to gloat, but as a launchday Pre owner who's incredibly, incredibly happy with Android (apps! holy crap, who knew what these could do??) but still misses WebOs I check over here occasionally to see what's up. I can see now I made the right choice. WebOS is the best OS, but it's a dead ecosystem. The inability to launch phones, attract devs is the death knell of WebOS. It honestly probably should have been put out of its misery a while ago.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post

I'm not here to gloat, but as a launchday Pre owner who's incredibly, incredibly happy with Android (apps! holy crap, who knew what these could do??) but still misses WebOs I check over here occasionally to see what's up. I can see now I made the right choice. WebOS is the best OS, but it's a dead ecosystem. The inability to launch phones, attract devs is the death knell of WebOS. It honestly probably should have been put out of its misery a while ago.
    A launchday Pre owner, that joined the forum last year October (when the Pre2 was supposed to have hit the shelves) and only 2 posts in the last week.
    If you're "incredibly happy" with Android why even come here, much less post something like that comment above?
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post

You're not reading his post correctly. He's saying they wanted the Veer phones in the stores already stocked before they start the big advertising push. Sounds like this push is imminent, only a few weeks away.

We don't know yet whether devs are being attracted to HP as HP has not shown its full hand yet. If you are interested and unhappy still with your Android experience as clearly you are or you would be spending all your time on the Android forums, check back in a few months and then evaluate.

But I'm not saying HP doesn't deserve some of these negative posts. They drove a lot of the fan base away with the failed 2.0 implementation on the old phones.
    Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    A launchday Pre owner, that joined the forum last year October (when the Pre2 was supposed to have hit the shelves) and only 2 posts in the last week.
    If you're "incredibly happy" with Android why even come here, much less post something like that comment above?
    You want a photo of my busted Pre? Or how about a photo of my busted Pre alongside my 2nd Pre?
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    I'm beginning to think that the webOS faithful are being outnumbered by detractors in this forum. I'm beginning to get depressed now. I mean, I don't mind rants and discussions about HP's progress and thinking about their product launch campaigns and strategy, but posts like that above are beginning to get on my nerves.
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    I'm sorry, I spent 2 days and 3 nights on Endgadget's review trying to lessen the negative impact of some comments by those who obviously never even seen webOS before and come now to a webOS community to see some joy and celebrations and run into the same kind of thing.
    My apologies all around, please.
    NNJ
    It's just software, nyallj. There's no reason to get riled up about 0s and 1s.
    In response to Best Buy, go to this link:

HP - Veer 4G Mobile Phone - White (AT&T) - P160UNA

It says the Veer is FREE with a new contract!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I think the Veer has it's own market, and I cant believe that the reviews are bashing the screen size... This is my next's Joshua claimed the screen was just too small. However this phone is aimed for a small size/ form factor. Instead he should have focused on portability and other key features. But w/e. Whats upsetting is that there is no knowledge of this phone. I understand the "want to stock up on supply before heaving marketing" but at least knowledge of existence by Vendors would be appreciative!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I have been soooooooooooooo positive in this build-up to the Veer launch and sooooooo down on the nay-sayers. After today's ATT store experience, I'll admit defeat. The nay-sayers were 100% right. HP's launch was a complete cluster. Absolutely nothing was done correctly. And, to now say that "we're waiting until there are enough phones in the pipeline" before we push it??? If that's the case, then don't release it for sale today, especially up against another android savior phone release. Just appalling, HP, that's all it is.
    tim
    Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jalba3 View Post
    I think the Veer has it's own market, and I cant believe that the reviews are bashing the screen size... This is my next's Joshua claimed the screen was just too small. However this phone is aimed for a small size/ form factor. Instead he should have focused on portability and other key features. But w/e. Whats upsetting is that there is no knowledge of this phone. I understand the "want to stock up on supply before heaving marketing" but at least knowledge of existence by Vendors would be appreciative!
    I just don't understand why people think there's a market for tiny phones. The Kin 1 was a total failure, even Steve Jobs, after calling the Evo, etc. "Hummers" is realizing they need to go to 4" for the next Iphone.

I see plenty of "chicks" on Evos, Thunderbolts, Galaxy S. They don't want tiny screens or "cute." That market is an imaginary market of masculine origin that assumes that women aren't technologically savvy, which just isn't the case. They want fully featured phones, and let's face it, no one wants physical keyboards anymore except Blackberry diehards.
    Maybe they'll sell a few of these to a few teenagers, but teens are about status symbols, so why would they go for the Veer over an iphone?
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Its preference. I don't think the footprint of this particular market is big. I wouldn't personally have it as my daily driver. It would be nice to have if I'm travelling long distances or to try it out but I agree that a larger screen is must on new generation phones.

However I will disagree with you on the keyboard issue. I had an Evo and I loved android. For the way that I use my phone I just feel more productive having a physical keyboard and the way that webOS allows you to implement actions/tasks with a physical keyboard is a pro rather than a con. Touchscreen keyboards can be nice and effortless, but the tactile feel and combination allows for one to execute quicker and get things down promptly.
    Two best buy and AT&T store later. I still was not able to locate a Veer.

Yah, those that actually know about the device and want it, can't get it. If I could get it, I would have bought it today. I have 5 eligible lines.

Now, I'd rather not waste any lines on this phone, I no longer want it. This is how you lose a customer HP. I would understand if it was popular and was sold out but there's no sign of it being on sale at all.

Does anyone on this forum get one at all?
    Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jalba3 View Post
    However I will disagree with you on the keyboard issue. I had an Evo and I loved android. For the way that I use my phone I just feel more productive having a physical keyboard and the way that webOS allows you to implement actions/tasks with a physical keyboard is a pro rather than a con. Touchscreen keyboards can be nice and effortless, but the tactile feel and combination allows for one to execute quicker and get things down promptly.
    I thought so once too. For sure. I don't anymore. I do like Just Type though. That and WebOS notifications are what I miss.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast