Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    So I was able to snag one of these little gems today at my local at&t store. Knowone had white so that made my color decision easy. First Impressions.....

Build Quality:

Phone is remarkable small when closed but opened its similar size to iPhone. Build quality is miles better than the Pre+ and Pre 2. Slider is aligned correctly(unlike my pre 2) and is just way more sturdy. Phone feels very solid and quality in the hand. It just feels overall less plasticky then the previous Pre 2 maybe due to everything being so tightly packed into the frame. It really has a nice weight to it. Also a bit thinner than the Pre 2 which is nice since I was disappointed that the Pre 2 was just as thick as my Pre plus.

Speed:

So far it also moves thru the menus very fast, faster than my Pre2 I must admit. Probably due to the newer gen processor and smaller screen to push. Super responsive menu scrolling and swiping and overall navigation.

Keyboard:

Way better feel than the Pre models. No more gummy low travel/response mushy keys. Replaced with pronounced clicky fun to use keys. Was worried about the keyboard being to small so I was pleasantly suprised how usable it is.

The only real drawback here is the screen size minus a few other minor things missing. I am alot more satisfied with my Veer purchase than my Pre2 I have to say. Mostly due to the vastly superior build quality.

Here are some Pics!!....

xandros9 likes this.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm jelly... Enjoy! Please give us your impressions about battery life after a few hours of use.
    Very nice! Thanks for the pics
    I got a veer today also in black from an att store and i agree, the build quality is awesome. It makes my pre 2 feel really big and heavy and its weird to think that way. I can't wait for some multi profile sharing and the touchpad release. bring on the touchpad!
    thx for the pic. have you installed preware on it yet? if so do you mind checking to see if the app "Switcharoo" works? thx.
    My wife loves it. All she ever did on her iPhone was make phone calls, send text messages, and check Facebook. The Veer does all three really well so it's perfect for her needs.

We were testing her ringtone so I called her. She answered her phone and was holding it near her waist and it still sounded like she was talking into the microphone.

It's a great phone. I'm getting the Pre3 myself to complete the Apple-ectomy.
    aerojb likes this.
    Be sure to try out the voice-dial app too You can either choose the app, or simply hold the volume down button on the phone for a couple of seconds to activate it.
    I agree with the op 100%. I played with a demo today and was really blown away from the build quality and the ease of using the keyboard (this blew me away).

I think HP could have used les re-estate on the gesture area, which is thicker than the Pixi. I think and would have loved for the screen to be bigger, but in conclusion, this lil phone is REALLY nice!
    Glad you love it! I like reading real consumers' reactions to the Veer because it shows why HP made the device. In a day or two make sure you post back your battery life. I am wondering how it is in real world, real people use.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I see you have H+.

What speeds you getting?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Glad you love it! I like reading real consumers' reactions to the Veer because it shows why HP made the device. In a day or two make sure you post back your battery life. I am wondering how it is in real world, real people use.
    Yep everyone I showed it to today has been wowed. My buddy was in awe and this chick I know was like "I want one, that is so cool!"

Will try to report back with battery life but its not gonna be a very fair judgement since I'm using the phone the whole time lol.
    That's freakin' awesome. Like, I have a Pre Plus, and a Pre 2, but I want the Veer also. I wish I could like tie the Pre 2 and the Veer to the same phone number and plan and just swap between the two based on what I needed to do that day.

Sweet pics. Jealous.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    Yep everyone I showed it to today has been wowed. My buddy was in awe and this chick I know was like "I want one, that is so cool!"

Will try to report back with battery life but its not gonna be a very fair judgement since I'm using the phone the whole time lol.
    How does the screen real estate work for you? Browsing ok?
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    I will say that as a power user, the screen size is a bit of an issue. I'm personally waiting on the Pre3. But my wife thinks the screen is fine. But all she uses a phone for is texting and Facebook. Both of those things look fine on the small screen.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    That's freakin' awesome. Like, I have a Pre Plus, and a Pre 2, but I want the Veer also. I wish I could like tie the Pre 2 and the Veer to the same phone number and plan and just swap between the two based on what I needed to do that day.

Sweet pics. Jealous.
    But you can! That's the freedom of GSM!! You must be on Sprint then.
    Congrats! And I'm glad you've got a positive first impression! After all the gloom and doom on this forum recently it's really refreshing to hear someone who's got a new device in hand and is happy about it!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Havent tried really browsing yet. Even on my bigger phones I dont really browse that much though. Just when I'm suck waiting or need to look up something real quick. Its just too nice browsing on my MBP that I just reference browse once in a whie on my smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    But you can! That's the freedom of GSM!! You must be on Sprint then.
    Really? You can do that on GSM?!? I feel like there's this huge party that I was never invited to =(

I'm on Verizon.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I see you have H+.

What speeds you getting?
    Is there an app for that. Searched for the standard speedtest.net but nothing showed up.
    Just go to speedtest.net on your phone. It's a flash based test so you will get to play with Flash too.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast