Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree10Likes
  1. vpr
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Yes - the lag is often present after sending SMS. It's something I'm used to with webOS, so it hasn't bothered me, but yes, it's there.

Mine came with a film on the screen - something like "TXTING AND DRIVING - IT CAN WAIT." Or some such stuff.
    Ours had the same sticker - it was removed in the Bestbuy store (they asked permission before removing it and said that some people get upset about it - I was amused). Since Bestbuy's Mobile policy is to help you setup the phone, they kind of need to remove it to be able to do that.
    I am interested in doing the same thing. Have you called AT&T to ask if that's possible? If not, is it possible to add a line to my family plan and get the Veer? It would just cost $10 more per month.
    Will it still work if one phone is Android and the other is the Veer? You'd have to pay full price for the Veer, correct? Must it be bought thru AT&T?
    Took a look at the Veer at Best Buy. Awesome little phone. Stock apps loaded very fast. Much faster then my 1ghz overclocked pre-.
    No screen stuttering during scrolling and such. Only problem I saw was with the speaker. Speaker sounded like it was blown when turned up max and it wasn't very loud at all. Sounded like my pre- speaker when it was blown. Anyone have an issue with this?
    After much thought I decided on the Veer for myself rather than the Pre3. I keep my phone in my pocket at work and, well, I needed a smaller phone.

I included a screencapture of my new Veer. I also attached the photo file I used as my background (came with my HPE-470).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    lukehale likes this.
    My girlfriend's new Veer was delivered today, and just like everyone else, I'm flabbergasted at how tiny it is despite having seen it a gazillion times online. To echo something nearly everyone else has already said: it truly needs to be seen in person to be fully appreciated. And it feels absolutely solid, with nonexistent slider play, something I've never seen before. All the sliders I've had had some degree of play. The Veer doesn't seem to have any.

This thing really feels like a little pebble in your hand. It's just amazing.

What a pity that the Veer wasn't made by HTC or Apple, it deserves the broad media attention it would have gotten if one of those two companies had made it.
    New to the forums...

I love the Veer too! I just got mine last week. It's tiny!
    Soorma likes this.
    Also just got my veer, and WOW is it tiny. I was astonished the box it came in was so large! This thing is crisp and smooth operating, makes my pre- feel crippled and ive never had complaints with it. The size will take some getting used to, but for the intended use (as my work, not personal phone) though I think it will work well, as I can link it to my touchpad and keep it in a pocket. I am also impressed with the build quality and feel of the slider, it is really solid and the phone feels well made (my pre- always felt a little brittle, and there was too much play in the slider). So far am very impressed!
    Palm Centro -> Palm Pre- -> HTC Evo 3D SPRINT
    iPhone 3G -> HP Veer Black -> HP Veer White AT&T
    Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer Black -> HP Pre 3 (UK - Unlocked 8gb) AT&T
    HP Pre 3 (US - AT&T 16gb)
    HP TouchPad Black 1.2GHz 32GB
    HP TouchPad White 1.5GHz 64GB
    HP TouchPad Black 1.5GHz 32GB AT&T

(You have no idea what I would do to get a TouchPad Go)

Obviously I have a problem (see above). . .
    And it has nothing to do with more cowbell. . .
    I've had my Veer for two weeks now. I LOVE IT. Although it is much smaller than I thought, the size does not hinder use at all. Even wit my fat mechanic's fingers the keyboard is very easy to use.

the build quality is solid and operation very smooth.

overall very pleased.
    Soorma and aerojb like this.
    I'm glad people are enjoying the phone for what it is.

A lot of the reviews were saying (as a negative) that it was too small: well, it was meant to be small, smart ones
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    After waiting nearly a year for a 850MHz Pre3, I was suitably shattered when I realised it wasn't going to happen. Once I picked myself off the floor and dried my eyes I figured a Veer would be better than nothing.

Grabbed two from eBay, got the seller to activate it in the US for me (I'm in Australia) and it arrived yesterday.

I can't get over how small it is, but how well it works! The keyboard, as has been said, is not a hindrance to use. A colleague has a Pre- and was so impressed with the Veer's. It's quick, it's smooth (did I say it's small?), but despite its size there's enough screen to easily navigate, switch between launcher panes, open the right app etc (and I have fat fingers).

I'm getting a Pre3 from the UK so will soon be able to compare, but the Veer is holding its head a lot higher than I expected it would!

Shame on HP for canning this line of devices rather than pushing them harder. Even if they were going to can it, at least do it once another manufacturer is signed up to keep the OS alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post

Grabbed two from eBay, got the seller to activate it in the US for me (I'm in Australia) and it arrived yesterday.
    The only issue for us, is we can't purchase apps from the store. As it requires a Credit Card from the US, Canada or Mexico.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    feeling great and big seeing all the positives on Veer. Would someone please let me know know on what comes in the box and what's the total weight of the package? I am trying to get it shipped internationally and would like to get these details.
    Got mine this week!!! I love how fast this thing is (compared to the Pre). Im trying to customize it already, silly me haha.
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    I got mine for $100 off contract this weekend and unlocked it for T-mobile. yeah edge speeds suck but I have Wifi at home and work so it's fine. This thing is so small and isn't very good for all my browsing needs but I have to say that I love using spotify on it. Works great and the keyboard isn't half bad. I got the hang of it quickly. Loving it.
    Hi there!

First at all, I apologize if I make any mistake since English is not my first language.
    I've read the whole thread because I'm considering buying an unlocked brand new Hp Veer in ebay which is almost my only way to acquire this cell phone in Spain. Price is around $110=85€ in ebay,and 164€ in amazon.de. I only need a phone to make and receive calls and a reasonable battery life, but I want to try something new far from my nice but old low priced nokia.
    I've read in this thread that is a fast phone, nice to touch, responsive screen, etc... but I'd like to ask you about the quality sound when you are talking to someone and the durability. This two questions will decide if I buy a Veer or not!

thanks in advance!
    Last edited by rlogin; 11/27/2011 at 07:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlogin View Post
    Hi there!

First at all, I apologize if I make any mistake since English is not my first language.
    I've read the whole thread because I'm considering buying an unlocked brand new Hp Veer in ebay which is almost my only way to acquire this cell phone in Spain. Price is around $110=85 in ebay,and 164 in amazon.de. I only need a phone to make and receive calls and a reasonable battery life, but I want to try something new far from my nice but old low priced nokia.
    I've read in this thread that is a fast phone, nice to touch, responsive screen, etc... but I'd like to ask you about the quality sound when you are talking to someone and the durability. This two questions will decide if I buy a Veer or not!

thanks in advance!
    Sound quality is very good in general, durability depends on yourself I guess. I'm always taking very good care of all my equipment and even my 2 year old Nokia E71 only had very few minor scratches on it.

The only problem is calling with the slider closed on some phones it starts to make a "screaming sound". This is due to the placement of the microphone. Most people will call with the slider open anyway. This is by far not on all phones, but some users reported it. From the 3 Veers I have, 1 had this problem too. It seem you could fix it quite easily by cutting a very small piece of plastic from the corner where the microphone is.

I would recommend getting a Veer from the US because it has a QWERTY layout and not the German QWERTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Sound quality is very good in general, durability depends on yourself I guess. I'm always taking very good care of all my equipment and even my 2 year old Nokia E71 only had very few minor scratches on it.

The only problem is calling with the slider closed on some phones it starts to make a "screaming sound". This is due to the placement of the microphone. Most people will call with the slider open anyway. This is by far not on all phones, but some users reported it. From the 3 Veers I have, 1 had this problem too. It seem you could fix it quite easily by cutting a very small piece of plastic from the corner where the microphone is.

I would recommend getting a Veer from the US because it has a QWERTY layout and not the German QWERTZ
    Sound good.
    Durability good.
    Go for it, its a great phone.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
  19. vba
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    It's a very good phone, only 3 problems:

- It's impossible to navigate with it (in Hungary at least).
    - Battery life is very-very short. Idle time is OK, but making a lot of phone calls sucking out the energy from the battery. Evene set on 2G only I can't make a day through.
    - camere (piece of crap

Therefore I'll switch on Pre3 soon, I've heard that with the latest firmware it has decent battery life.
    I just bought this phone off of ebay earlier this week and I am amazed with it so far. I have always hated large phones but I need a smartphone for college in order to be able to keep up with emails from my teachers. I had the motorola flipout for a while but the phone would get so hot that my case literally melted to it. Not to mention it had no memory space whatsoever.

Upon receiving my HP Veer I have to say that it is even smaller than I had imagined! It is amazing how well it works for such a small device! I have had no lagging whatsoever with internet usage, texting, images, and etc. It flows very smoothly and is very responsive!

Some people complained that there were not enough apps available for the webos medium but I have to disagree. I was able to find all of the important apps that I was looking for and quite a few odd ones I stumbled upon that tweaked my interest.

The sound quality is not quite the best and I feel rather silly talking on it but it does work well.

The only problems I have had so far with this phone include 1) cannot get to youtube subscriptions, 2) will not let me click on photos in google image search nor save them, and 3) sometimes my internet and pictures will flip to landscape or completely upside down and will not turn correctly no matter how hard I try.

Overall I have to say this is a very wonderful phone and it works perfectly for what I need it for. Thanks for creating a smartphone for those of us that do not want to carry a tablet in our pockets!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345