Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Well... something about unlocked Veers?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evenelia View Post
    Is there a patch to set y to the z or somthing?
    and btw are u from Norway? If so, are how are u doing with the // letters?
    I am french in the UK, there is a patch ( I think about it z&y) but it's like asking you to press the blue button which is written red . confusing ;-)
    now regarding // I can do it by pressing the key "sym" then a or o, you will then have a list of different symbols .
    I have a question that I've been itching to ask. After seeing all of the unboxing videos, I noticed that when they unboxed the Veer 4G it never had any film on the screen like with a new pre or pixi. Did your Veer 4G come with a film on the display?
    On 2.1.2, is there a 3 second lag after sending a SMS/text? It is there on 2.1 and is driving me crazy, especially when using Google Talk.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I seriously am very jealous... I am debating making the switch over from Sprint.

I'm going to give it a few weeks, then go into Best Buy and see if my thumbs aren't too big.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    I seriously am very jealous... I am debating making the switch over from Sprint.

I'm going to give it a few weeks, then go into Best Buy and see if my thumbs aren't too big.
    My sprint pre minus with 2.1.1 and it does this occcasionally

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    On 2.1.2, is there a 3 second lag after sending a SMS/text? It is there on 2.1 and is driving me crazy, especially when using Google Talk.
    Yes - the lag is often present after sending SMS. It's something I'm used to with webOS, so it hasn't bothered me, but yes, it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by punyparker
    I have a question that I've been itching to ask. After seeing all of the unboxing videos, I noticed that when they unboxed the Veer 4G it never had any film on the screen like with a new pre or pixi. Did your Veer 4G come with a film on the display?
    Mine came with a film on the screen - something like "TXTING AND DRIVING - IT CAN WAIT." Or some such stuff.
    Hm, the SMS delay appeared in 2.1 but was not present in 2.0.1. It can be a little irritating.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard83 View Post
    Guys

I am able to do something like that with my Pre+ and Pixi+ on Verizon, and have done it several times.

I bought a Pixi+ off contract on one of those deals for $50 and set it up on a different palm profile. I sent all my contacts to it and downloaded all the patches I like.

If I forget my Pre+ at home or at work, I just go to MyVerizon and activate the Pixi. I keep the Pixi in my backpack with the battery removed to act as my back-up phone.

Only takes a couple of minutes to sign on to My Verizon and copy and past the ESN number I have saved on my PC, though its a little more trouble than swaping a SIM card.

Cheers
    For your use, it's better than gsm. If you left your gsm pre+ at home, then you wouldn't have the sim (which would be inside the pre+) on you to put in the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    So dukel is getting download speeds of about 5MBps & upload speeds above 1MBps. Does anyone know how the "4G" speeds are on Sprint w/the Evo, Epic or Infuse?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    So dukel is getting download speeds of about 5MBps & upload speeds above 1MBps. Does anyone know how the "4G" speeds are on Sprint w/the Evo, Epic or Infuse?
    Check my thread below hitting like 6.25 mbps tonight pretty consistently!!

Dont think wimax or lte for that matter is blowing me out the water on average.
    Hey did they fix the facebook issue? where the feed suddenly stops after one "next"
    so yesterday I called two local att stores and neither of them had the veer on display. One store said they would have it up around 1 so at 130 I went by. It still wasnt up. I told them I called you and you said you had the veer I was looking to check it out.

They actually did have one and wow it is much smaller than you can tell from all the pictures and videos. It is literally micro. Smaller than a deck of cards.

It didnt have a sim card in it though so i couldnt play with it. The guy went out back to put a sim card in and then put it on display and after 20 min was still back there so I left. I will be going back today. Hopefully it will be up.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    so yesterday I called two local att stores and neither of them had the veer on display. One store said they would have it up around 1 so at 130 I went by. It still wasnt up. I told them I called you and you said you had the veer I was looking to check it out.

They actually did have one and wow it is much smaller than you can tell from all the pictures and videos. It is literally micro. Smaller than a deck of cards.

It didnt have a sim card in it though so i couldnt play with it. The guy went out back to put a sim card in and then put it on display and after 20 min was still back there so I left. I will be going back today. Hopefully it will be up.
    It should be up. I went on launch day to two at&t stores and they both had the demo up. Best buy not so much but the guy showed me his text messages back and forth with the HP rep and assured me they are working on it.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I am waiting for a decent WebOS devine since 2009, i think i will finally get one in the next months! I have an old BB 8320, the screen size is ok to me so the Veer would be ok also. I live in South America and no news of WebOS here, only a couple of Pre's in our local EBay.
    Now i need that anyone unlocks a Veer please!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtn79 View Post
    I am waiting for a decent WebOS devine since 2009, i think i will finally get one in the next months! I have an old BB 8320, the screen size is ok to me so the Veer would be ok also. I live in South America and no news of WebOS here, only a couple of Pre's in our local EBay.
    Now i need that anyone unlocks a Veer please!
    Having used BB's myself in the past I think webOS devices are the perfect replacement for BB users. They get the physical keyboard but a much more vibrant modern User Interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I am getting 1-5 mbps on a Clear brand WiMax connection to my home computer. Since Sprint uses the same towers, I am wondering if they are close to what I would be getting on an Evo? Anyone know?

Having said that, my home is in a densely packed downtown neighborhood, and I am in a house surrounded by multi-story apartment buildings. The Clear tower tech has advised that even though there are multiple towers in my location, there is a notch in this neighborhood, and my block specifically, where signal strength is low.

I am getting 1-3 mbps on the Veer, from my home, work, and all over Portland, for what it's worth.
    Deer Park / HTC Arrive / Veer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Hi all.
    So I went to the store to see for myself just how small the Veer is. An AT&T rep immediately came up to me and ask if I needed any help. I responded, "Oh, I'm just here to check out the HP Veer." She looked as if she had no clue what I was talking about, and just sort of backed away and went somewhere else. I found the Veer on display and fully functional. The sliding mechanism felt solid and there seemed to be minimal if not no lag when navigating the Veer. I tried out the keyboard and I was surprised at how easy and accurate my typing was. Compared to my old Treo Pro, it is worlds better. The soft touch coating felt good in the hands and weight seems good for such a small phone. I took a picture of the phone with a security/anti-theft device attached while hanging from the magnetic charging plug (posted below). The magnets seemed plenty strong to me and it snapped right back into place after I detached it.
    Overall I'm impressed with the build quality. I can't comment on software and usability because I am not yet knowledgeable with all things webOS. Hopefully that is soon to change whenever the Pre3 comes out. I look forward to that and will pick it up ASAP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TP + P3 = synergized
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I stopped by Best Buy to have a look at the Veer. It wasn't on display yet but a girl had one charging. She said it had just come in and they were getting the display ready. The bightness was low so I set it up and she thought it looked much better.

I really thought it looked very cool. It had a nice solid feel. And, like the others have said, it's smaller than you think it will be. I can see the kids loving this. The screen is too small for me and my over 50 eyes so I will look at the Pre 3 when it comes out. I treid the keyboard and it seemed good. Easier to type than the Pre minus I have but I think I still want a bigger keyboard so again a pre 3 may be in the future.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast