Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    option (orange, or grey) key
    I see pandas.
    I wish a canadian provider had it.. (not for buying, waiting for pre3 , but i'd love to try it out)
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    How? I cant even find Opt? Can you write it out in full
    Sorry! The others are right, it's that little white square in the lower left of the keyboard. You use that to access the numbers and other secondary stuff on the keyboard. Press it once to use secondary on the next key you hit. Press it twice to lock it (useful for number input). Or you can press and hold, then release when you're done.

Once you press and hold all three Opt-Sym-P, you should hear a camera sound, and then you can find your screenshot in the photos app (under screen captures). From there you can email, upload to a photos service (facebook, photobucket), and so forth.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I was always ashamed to recommend pre and pre plus as they had poor built quality and GPS was terrible with battery life. This may be one phone that I may be proud to whip out and show. I hope H/P takes it all over the world.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Ok here we go!!...

Had some even higher ones but didnt save them!
    Nice - pretty respectable download times
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Gsm uses SIM Cards.
    You can't have two phones simultaneously on the same number, you have to move the SIM Card from phone to phone.

It is a feature I like about At&t.
    Not entirely true. There are Multi-SIMs so you can use the same number on multiple devices at the same time. You can make calls on all devices but receive calls on your favourite device. Another possibility would be to use the data of the same contract on two devices (i.e. Phone & Tablet).

They cost extra though, at least in Germany. "Easiest" solution would be swapping SIM-cards. Dunno, but I remember that you could have a "copy" of your first SIM and as long as one SIM is inactive it's not a problem.

Could not find any info on AT&T though, maybe they don't offer this.
    Multi-SIM - Personal*|*Communication*|*Mobile*|*Postpaid Plans*|*VAS | SingTel

But yes, GSM is awesome I'm currently studying in the UK and all I did was swapping the SIM of my Pre, changed the APN and was online again
    Last I checked, we here in the states can't have two phones with the same number registered on the network at the same time.
    Allright. Strange that AT&T does not offer this.
    Ok here we go!!...

Had some even higher ones but didnt save them!
    Man, that is really fast. I don't care what you call it, that's an entire order of magnitude faster than speeds I see on Sprint. I can't wait to get mine later this week!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I wish a canadian provider had it.. (not for buying, waiting for pre3 , but i'd love to try it out)
    Yeah ditto. I don't know why it takes so much longer for us to get this stuff here. Really sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Man, that is really fast. I don't care what you call it, that's an entire order of magnitude faster than speeds I see on Sprint. I can't wait to get mine later this week!
    HSPDA is faster than Rev A. 3G. But Wimax is faster than both. (but LTE seems to be the fastest).
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Same here!! It looks nice!
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    That price without contract seems very good compared to the price advertised in Europe. Both got a price of 350 but the Euro stands 1.42 times higher than the dollar at the moment. Some of the difference is because of taxes but still, good discount for US buyers, grratz.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Hey guys I've got a little of topic question for you: If I buy the veer on vacation in the US off contract, will I be able to use it on the gsm network in norway?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evenelia View Post
    Hey guys I've got a little of topic question for you: If I buy the veer on vacation in the US off contract, will I be able to use it on the gsm network in norway?
    I believe they are networked lock unless u have the time or AT&T unlock it for you.
    Best get a German one which will be unlocked .
    I have a pixi qwertz and it is really no issue using it .
    Quote Originally Posted by jeromem75 View Post
    I believe they are networked lock unless u have the time or AT&T unlock it for you.
    Best get a German one which will be unlocked .
    I have a pixi qwertz and it is really no issue using it .
    isnt qwerty a problem for you?
    Guys

I am able to do something like that with my Pre+ and Pixi+ on Verizon, and have done it several times.

I bought a Pixi+ off contract on one of those deals for $50 and set it up on a different palm profile. I sent all my contacts to it and downloaded all the patches I like.

If I forget my Pre+ at home or at work, I just go to MyVerizon and activate the Pixi. I keep the Pixi in my backpack with the battery removed to act as my back-up phone.

Only takes a couple of minutes to sign on to My Verizon and copy and past the ESN number I have saved on my PC, though its a little more trouble than swaping a SIM card.

Cheers

Yeah its pretty awesome but I think everyone will be using sim cards once everything is transitioned to LTE networks so there is hope!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evenelia View Post
    isnt qwerty a problem for you?
    nah, I was wondering when I bought the pixi but it's not like a keyboard on a laptop where each hands will be assigned the keys.
    on the pixi/veer, u will type with your thumbs and the keyboard is small, so ur brain/eyes don't have to scan much to see/search the keys.
    I never had a problem with the y & z
    yes I would like to buy a qwerty in the UK from hp, but I would much rather buy a german already unlocked qwertz than AT&T branded veer which u will have to fight to get it unlocked.
    Is there a patch to set y to the z or somthing?
    and btw are u from Norway? If so, are how are u doing with the // letters?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast