Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I love it, the size is perfect for me as the Pixi was without a doubt my favorite phone and WebOS is truly an amazing OS. I have medium/big hands and have not ran into any problems at this point with the size and absolutely love it, but I have a few questions.

1.) I have already downloaded and wasted $6.00 on twitter apps am getting annoyed at this point. Are there any twitter apps that all for you to do @ and a list of names pops up and gets small the more you type. This is critical for a twitter app IMO and are there that allow this (have tried Carbon and Twee so far).

2.) I got Prebrew on it and already downloaded Free Tether (found out they have this and got grandfathered into an unlimited data plan so this was critical for me to have). Are there any other "must have" homebrew apps or apps in general?

3.) Is there a way to make custom ringtones?

4.) Are there any music identifying programs (Shazam, Sounhound, etc...) for webOS?

Thank You.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydsmith View Post
    I love it, the size is perfect for me as the Pixi was without a doubt my favorite phone and WebOS is truly an amazing OS. I have medium/big hands and have not ran into any problems at this point with the size and absolutely love it, but I have a few questions.

1.) I have already downloaded and wasted $6.00 on twitter apps am getting annoyed at this point. Are there any twitter apps that all for you to do @ and a list of names pops up and gets small the more you type. This is critical for a twitter app IMO and are there that allow this (have tried Carbon and Twee so far).

2.) I got Prebrew on it and already downloaded Free Tether (found out they have this and got grandfathered into an unlimited data plan so this was critical for me to have). Are there any other "must have" homebrew apps or apps in general?

3.) Is there a way to make custom ringtones?

4.) Are there any music identifying programs (Shazam, Sounhound, etc...) for webOS?

Thank You.
    As for question 1) no twitter apps do this yet although its a much requested feature and according to some devs pretty easy to implement.. So no idea what the hold up is

2) my most used are Forums , carbon, music remix, quick post, voice memos, notes, clipboard, shopping list, white pages, worms, zumo drive, text morpher

3) theres a app znibble in preware its a beta but can create ringtones on your device, it may also be in the app catalog

4) none as of yet

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    1) No twitter apps do this currently, but I agree we do need this in Carbon

3) You can just plug you Veer into your computer and load a sound file to be a ringtone.

4) Not that I know of
    1) not that i know of. however, that's a great suggestion. have you tried sending the devs of those apps a note or a tweet yet? both of those devs are very responsive, and they can probably tell you if something like that is possible.

2) this one's kind of subjective, but here are my top-3:

- Internalz
    - Preset Reset
    - Patches... patch to your heart's content. If you use calendar a lot, definitely check out sconix's Advanced System Menu patch

3) not on the phone itself. there is/was an app in development but idk what the status is because it's not something i'm interested in. what i do is create custom ring-tones using Make Your Own Ringtones Online - Free Ringtone Maker then put the phone is USB mode and create a "ringtones" folder and drop them in there. the phone will recognize those ringtones and make them available for you when you go choose a custom ringtone.

4) nope this is something i've been wanting for a while now too. i've contacted the makers of those apps and suggest you do the same as well.

good luck and welcome.
    I'm happy to hear that you love your new device.

1.) You should email Carbon your idea right away with your idea. It would be a very useful feature.

2.) I am really wanting to know how well FreeTether and MyTether work on the Veer. Here are a few nice homebrew apps you may want to checkout: Word Whirl Lite, Mine Searcher, Music Player Remix, Eliza, PreGlide, Topple Ball, AutoCorrect Edit, FriendsFlow, Blocked, Brightness Unlinked, Destroids Arcade (and regular Destroids), ClassicNote, Dr.Podder, Internalz (Pro)

3.) On device, not sure, but you can go to Myxer.com and upload your song, make it, then send it to your device. You can also download already made ones that other people have made.

4.) Unfortunately not. WebOS just has been the underdog for a while and Shazam hasn't looked at us. However, the future does seem quite bright for devs. So... stay tuned
    Last edited by Rennat; 05/15/2011 at 10:03 PM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    please help out @webosinternals , Rod was looking for someone with a veer to get the "tokens" for the "meta doctor"
    As for ringtones, any .mp3 you put on the phone can be used as a Ringtone. My wife picked her favorite song as her ringtone.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    please help out @webosinternals , Rod was looking for someone with a veer to get the "tokens" for the "meta doctor"
    how does someone obtain that info?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Hey Rennat, how do u get the pics of your phone history to show?
    Quote Originally Posted by kanucme View Post
    Hey Rennat, how do u get the pics of your phone history to show?
    Don't quite know what you mean. If you mean my phone history in my signature, its a image made in Adobe Fireworks by copy-pasting other pictures of my previous phones and putting the name of each under it in the image. You can then click User CP in the green bar at the top of the forums, then click Edit signature along the left side bar, then add your picture to the signature.
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    how does someone obtain that info?
    I would just PM or email him and tell him your willing to help. Then ask him what he wants you to do.
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post

2.) I am really wanting to know how well FreeTether and MyTether work on the Veer.
    Just installed freetether on my Veer, and it's working great - WiFi, which is all I use. There's the same delay until it works that I used to experience with mytether/PrePlus - about 2 minutes, then it's zippy for a phone connection. Very happy with it.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrose View Post
    Just installed freetether on my Veer, and it's working great - WiFi, which is all I use. There's the same delay until it works that I used to experience with mytether/PrePlus - about 2 minutes, then it's zippy for a phone connection. Very happy with it.
    do you have ANY problems with freetether not working the 2nd time around? The first time I launch freetether it's fine.. but when i flick the card to exit, then use it again for the second time, it always fail!

I have to restart just for freetether to work again. =(

any workaround / patch for this?

thank you kindly for your time.