Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Orestis View Post
    I recently bought a touchpad and quickly fell in love with webOS. HP must have really tried to screw it up. Today I bought a veer from ebay, I'm switching from a 3gs iphone and I can't wait.
    I only have one question, is there a "get started" guide, for the veer, like the one found for the touchpad?
    Actually this is also my first post in this forum :-)
    Veer has a gesture tutorial.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    I meant something like this.
    I loved my veer and webOS, but I decided to switch back to an iPhone 3G because the battery life is so dang awful. Am I the only one with this problem?
    IPhone 3G? Serious? Wow... this is the worst battery life that I has! :shocked:

Best Regards... B)
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    After 5 months with a Bold Touch, I'm back in webOS. BB isn't for me. I've tried Android and iOS, too.

Picked up a used (white) Veer for $45. surprisingly the casing is small AND slippery. still has hanging and lag issues but nothing compared to the original Pre. In general the little phone is fantastic.

Tried to buy a Pre 2 from eBay, but I picked a baaaaad seller....no device! Waiting for my refund and try again...

In the meantime, it is GREAT to be back in webOS, the cliche is true there's nothing like it, or however that goes. For someone who doesn't want endless distrAPPtions, but needs a good multitasking device, webOS is the only choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkilian View Post
    I loved my veer and webOS, but I decided to switch back to an iPhone 3G because the battery life is so dang awful. Am I the only one with this problem?
    2 Touchstones in my home, 1 in whatever vehicle I'm driving, I'm rarely below 100% with all radios and freeTether on. How long did it take for your phone to die anyway? (out of curiosity)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I've never actually clocked it, but it barely lasts through the day. Maybe it's a bug with my veer specifically, but I remember reading reviews about poor battery life. Idk
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Mine came today, so far I'm extremely impressed.

At first, I was concerned because of the phone's tiny display and keyboard, but honestly I don't see it as a big deal. The screen is big enough for all of my tasks, and the keyboard is surprisingly nice (it's very reminiscent of the Pixi's). For an "entry level" device with only an 800 MHz single core CPU, I was quite happy to see that the device could really fly, HP did a great job optimizing the software for it. I bypassed the "log in" screen, and set it up over WiFi using a few patches (thanks again, webOS HB devs! You guys are life savers!).

My only two gripes as of right now would be the battery life, which is pretty lackluster IMO, and the SIM card slot which you really need some nails to get into. This isn't a good device if you switch SIMs often. Thankfully, though, I only switch mine when I travel.
    Hi all! I bought a Veer through Amazon back in Feb. as I couldn't get rid of my LG Rumor touch fast enough. It's been a pretty good experience so far. I won't say that it has been fantastic, but pretty darn good.

I used to sell phones for a major retailer and loved the original Pre we had as a demo. There's nothing like webos.

Quote Originally Posted by arkilian View Post
    I've never actually clocked it, but it barely lasts through the day. Maybe it's a bug with my veer specifically, but I remember reading reviews about poor battery life. Idk
    How's your service? When I work my battery life is crap. AT&T has reception issues in the building and the phone is constantly searching for a signal. On days I don't work the life is fine. Not nearly the same as my old Pantech C120, which could go over a week on a single charge, but that was a basic no-frills phone. If I use it sparingly I can stretch the Veer out to maybe 3 days when I don't work.
    Hint on battery saving (i've had my veer since launch) -

1. turn off data
    2. turn off 3g
    3. turn off WIFI - definitely do this !!!!

I only turn on 3g and data when I need it and my battery happily lasts for 3+ days.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    Hint on battery saving (i've had my veer since launch) -

1. turn off data
    2. turn off 3g
    3. turn off WIFI - definitely do this !!!!

I only turn on 3g and data when I need it and my battery happily lasts for 3+ days.

B
    Doesn't turning off data cover turning off 3g, or are they two separate things?

i find battery life on the veer to be excellent, easily get a day out of it with heavy use on data and freetether. I also have not suffered any lag or dropped call issues which were prevalant on the pre2 (and to a lesser extend on my pre3)
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    I read at Wiki that the best for survival of our type of battery is not to charge and discharge it fully. Partially charged gives you longest battery live.
    Guess I should say howdy in here.

The battery life on Veer astounds me for the battery size.

To me: Call Clarity is First Rate!!!

The small screen isn't really so much of a hindrance like I feared it would be.

This darn thing is really deceptive... There is NO WAY it should run as good as it does just looking at the spec on paper.

Really digging freeTether at H+ speed.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Just passed a year with my Veer. Still loving it!
    Runs as smooth and as fast as the day I brought it home. Besides a few blank outs I've never had a problem with it.
    I love the size, the look and of course webOS.
    Here's to another year of the same

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Wife's panda also going guns. She gets good life for what she does with it...phone calls, texts, read some emails with all radios on 24/7. Maybe charging once a day to day and a half.

Freetether does kill the battery pretty quickly though, approx 1% per minute.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    Had the original Pre on Sprint, then a FrankenPre, which I loved, but broke.

So, just picked up a Veer from a seller on this site and ordered a SIM from Straight Talk. I'm hoping activation goes smoothly. The form factor is awesome. Not liking the magnet attachment, but I guess I don't really use headphones that much, and I have touchstones everywhere. Looking forward to getting Preware on this thing!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just pulled the trigger on a Panda and StraightTalk SIM card. Ordered this morning, should arrive Thursday when my Motorola Triumph on Virgin Mobile will go out of service. I got the $25 plan on VM and liked Android for the most part. But I love my TouchPad and miss WebOS. I am getting rid of the home phone, so need unlimited minutes b/c the 300 on VM won't cut it.

What's a good price for a Pre3? I may just use the Veer temporarily til I find a Pre3. I considered a used Pre 2. Ugh, buyer's remorse... Well, I hope the Veer is cool and fun.

Original Pre Minus user who switched to Android and Virgin Mobile in July 2011 and am looking forward to coming home.
    My new unlocked Veer just arrived.
    I do not have an ATT SIM yet to get it setup before I use my Straight Talk SIM.

The keyboard feels awesome. Seems better than my Pre 2.
    Love the Veer and Pre3 keyboard over Pre2.... didn't have problem with earlier keyboards, but these are awesome
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast