Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Two months in today and I wish I'd switched sooner.
    AT&T network does the job and doesn't drain the battery.
    Still love the small powerful Veer.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Great phone received on Monday After my Pre2 it's great refreshment.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    Enjoying a Veer for a couple of months now. Very happy. Especially since I bought Comicshelf. I even like the headphone adapter; I'm paranoid of headphone jacks built directly into hardware since that was the only thing wrong with my Pre- (And boy, did it go wrong). I like showing it off around anyone who has a massive Galaxy or iPhone for a size comparison.
    I'v got my Veer from Marktplaats.nl. It's a German version (QWERTZ keyboard), but after some time I discovered that the front speaker was not working. Speaker at the back works but then I only can call hands-free, that's not very practical.
    So I bought another one on Marktplaats.nl :-), this time an AT&T with QWERTY keyboard. This one works great!

Now I'll try to fix the broken speaker of the first one. I've to disassemble it I'm afraid.
    Got mine for a song two months ago off Amazon. Initially took a little getting used to but overall I'm impressed. Quality hardware and a great OS to tinker with!
    Checking in, new Veer user in Canada, grabbed a black unlocked Veer off ebay for about a hundred bux.

It did not work with my Wind Mobile SIM, so popped into Rogers and grabbed a Pay As You Go SIM, added the data plan add-on, and it fired up like a champ.

Works great, so far very pleased, enough that I ordered a backup white Veer from ebay as well, just in case something happens to this one
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Just got mine too and started playing around with it. Hit the ATT store for a prepaid sim.
    Already I have put it into developer, doctored, OC to 1.4GHz (NICE!!), and freeTethered my Touchpad. I just need to get the fauxG operational since it just gives me slowG.

I never realised how fast a phone this is, especially with the OC mod. Lithium benchmark for the phone was 122. That's in Pre3 territory. By contrast, my wife's Pre+ did a 800+.

The small screensize will take a little getting used to, but otherwise, I am happy with it.
    Got mine yesterday and fully impressed with so much power in tiny pretty shell. First thought was to buy iPhone 3Gs (same price), but no regrets for now. Wish to see WebOs revival soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by ipad_user View Post
    Got mine yesterday and fully impressed with so much power in tiny pretty shell. First thought was to buy iPhone 3Gs (same price), but no regrets for now. Wish to see WebOs revival soon!
    Love to hear that from an ipad_user

So, what do you think of webOS compared to iOS? Any features you are missing in comparsion?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Love to hear that from an ipad_user

So, what do you think of webOS compared to iOS? Any features you are missing in comparsion?
    Hmm, maybe hardware keyboard and size matters
    Missing native iTunes sync and contacts, but Synergy and gesture area is awesome to be the crusher for such disadvantages.
    I always said it would be a frosty day in the abyss before I parted with my Pre, but New Years came along....and well.....my Pre left me. Just ordered my Veer today from sunny California....(boy is it in for a surprise). $110 with a Touchstone & shipping. Can't wait to check it out now
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I always said it would be a frosty day in the abyss before I parted with my Pre, but New Years came along....and well.....my Pre left me. Just ordered my Veer today from sunny California....(boy is it in for a surprise). $110 with a Touchstone & shipping. Can't wait to check it out now
    You're gonna love the Veer.
    Give us a report after you've had a few days of going over it.

Got mine in the mail today. Paid 93 shipped from ebay. The auction claimed it was white, but opened the box to find a black one. Major disappointment! ....but not the Veer's fault. Despite seeing comparison pictures online, I still said out loud, "Holy **** that's small!" when I opened the box. It's taking a little getting used to, but I enjoy having an actual keyboard again. Phone touch-screen keyboards are a PITA.

I know it's not going to replace the Android just yet, but I'll probably bounce back and forth between the two. Especially once I get the tethering freed up. Looking forward to see how (or if) it compliments my TP.
    I got this phone on Craigslist for $50 because it was too small for him lol. I had to hard reset it but besides I love this phone. Very fast and call receiving is great and I like the speaker system.
    A few minor setbacks with App Catalog, GPS, but starting to get into the swing of things. Coming from my Pre- that I've had for a couple of years, I'm liking it

Incredibly small, pictures just don't do it any justice, until you actually hold it. Keyboard the odd mistake but not really any worse than the Pre.

I actually like the magnet charger (aside from one of the magnets seems to want to stick to the phone..might crazy glue it), far simpler to attach than a micro USB, providing you put it on right-side up.....(figured that out while unlocking ) Speaking of which, I have an unused Pre headset that I just put the connector on....good to go.....won't be lost.

I won the bid at $83, seller shipped for $27 (California-Alberta) and decided to throw in a Touchstone for free....really like that too, first one I've used that wasn't for a TouchPad.

Thought I'd hang on to my Pre- forever.....glad I didn't
    Got mine nearly a month ago, for 90bugs love it till now only dissaptointment so far is that i cannot get the facebook synergy chat to work, though i installed the preware patch. And i feel somehow that battery life is quiet short compared to my old nokia 5230, but than again that did not have wifi.
    Just got my veer today! I am a long time iPhone user presently with an iPhone 4. Had iPhone 3, 3gs, now 4. I bought a touchpad 2 months ago and decided I liked webos so much that I would try a webos phone. Got it for $75 shipped on the 'bay. Wanna hack 2.2.4 and a6 update to get tts working on it with my touchpad! We'll see if I'll be able to use it as my main phone or not. I would like to, but for now I'm sim swapping with my iPhone 4. Made my own sim adapter from an old sim. Works perfectly. Looking forward to messing with my first webos phone!!
    Switched from a FrankenPre and Pixi about a month ago. Running them both on Straighttalk for $45 a month each using ATT's H+ 3g....probably 20 times faster than the sprint speeds we were getting before. $80... no contract......can't beat it!
    It's been half a year now and I still love it.
    I've had cell phones for over 10 years and this one is my favorite. I've always liked small phones and this one can't be beat.
    I think I've had a total of two dropped calls in my 6 months with the Veer. Sound quality is very good.
    Slider and keyboard feel like they did when I first got the phone.
    Apps, Web & Email open smooth and fast. NDrive navigation is great.
    Calendar keeps track of all my events with no issues and I can choose alerts by text, email or notification.
    Just love the blink notification for texts, emails and missed calls.

Here's hoping for another smooth 6 months just like this.

I recently bought a touchpad and quickly fell in love with webOS. HP must have really tried to screw it up. Today I bought a veer from ebay, I'm switching from a 3gs iphone and I can't wait.
    I only have one question, is there a "get started" guide, for the veer, like the one found for the touchpad?
    Actually this is also my first post in this forum :-)
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast