Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    how do you jailbreak a veer to get on tmobile?
    getting an unlocked veer and looking for the cheapest plan that includes data
    Quote Originally Posted by k7brown View Post
    Like hrminer92, I just received my Veer last night. I like it very much! My Palm Centro was still going strong, but I have been well overdue for a phone with internet. My TouchPad has felt a little neglected since I got the Veer, but can't wait for the OTA update to the Veer so that they can play nicely together! I also have the same question for Veer users, is there a case that is recommended by all? Thanks!
    The build quality on the Veer is so good that I haven't bothered with a case at all. I've had it for months and I routinely throw it in a pocket with other junk, and it looks the same as the day I bought it. It's a great phone . . . it runs webOS so well that I just leave everything I need open and flip through cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by k7brown View Post
    Like hrminer92, I just received my Veer last night. I like it very much! My Palm Centro was still going strong, but I have been well overdue for a phone with internet. My TouchPad has felt a little neglected since I got the Veer, but can't wait for the OTA update to the Veer so that they can play nicely together! I also have the same question for Veer users, is there a case that is recommended by all? Thanks!
    Hi k7Brown. Like you, I still use a Centro and recently got a Touchpad. Was waiting for the promised Pre3, but it is looking less and less likely that I will be able to get my hands on one. I did look at a Veer today, and it looks to be about the same size as the Centro. Will the Veer be able to communicate with the Touchpad like the Pre3 can?

I'm eager to hear how you like the Veer.

Thanks much.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    how do you jailbreak a veer to get on tmobile?
    getting an unlocked veer and looking for the cheapest plan that includes data
    I used digitalunlock and impostah to do the unlock and get my palm profile. Had no problems, but I don't get 3G/4G data on it (tmobile has different bands than ATT -- I use a 3G ZTEpeel I got for my ipod touch for wifi for my Veer). Check out this thread, I think it'll have links for everything you need: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...talunlock.html
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Hello!

Recently got mine from handyshop.de (delivered this Monday) and live in Sweden!
    The Qwertz keyboard works well, at least I have direct access to '' and '' which is
    handy in Sweden

Activated the little thing with a O2 pay as you go SIM and now on carrier Telia SE

Everything works as expected and I'm still amazed how complete this OS feels compared
    to Android (at least 2.3.3). Maemo5 (the N900) is closer IMO.

I'll lurk around to see what's happening on the WebOS front

Regards,
    Per
    HP Pre 3 Azerty + Veer Qwertz, Nokia N900&E6
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Since it is unlikely that the Pre3 will EVER be released in the USA, I ordered a Veer from AT&T as an upgrade to my Pixi+ and just received it Thursday 9/1. AT&T sold me the Veer as an upgrade for just US$.01. Hawever, after adding the $18 upgrade fee and sales tax of $39.37 (based on suggested retail price) it ended up costing me $57.38.

I spent several hours with AT&T and HP support getting it set up and all seemed well except for one remaining issue.

The sync symbol has appeared in the notification area (bottom RH side of screen, and if I touch it, the Google account name and symbol come up with the message "syncing Account..." Anyone else have this behavior?

UPDATE: It just took a L-O-N-G time to sync. Almost two days. Probably due to the large number of repeating calendar entries...

I also tried to install NetStat which failed, I guess it is not compatible with Veer.
    Last edited by philesk; 09/05/2011 at 05:55 PM.
    Hi,
    I've just received two HP Veer for me and my wife. They are locked on AT&T so I've ordered two 3G prepaid sim cards for AT&T. The thing is that in December we will go back to Italy so I will need to unlock the phone to use my italian Sim card. What is the best thing to do to activate the phone and unlock it? Is it better if I unlock it now before activating it with the AT&T card or it doesn't matter? When I will change the SIM card what will happen to the phone profile, data and apps? Are they related to the phone or to the SIM?

Thank you
    Mattia
    Everything's good so far. I used DigitalUnlock. I bought it on eBay. Coming from a Centro it seems that the Veer's battery life isn't as long. Has anyone been able to load one of the "Themes" on their Veer? I just spent the last day and a half futzing with WOQI to no avail...
    Switched from the Pre on Sprint to the Veer in August just before the HP announcement. Loving it so far. At the time of my purchase BestBuy only had the white Veer. So I just picked up the black one and plan to keep the white one around instead of insurance. I do like the tackier back on the black one. The white Veer would tend to slip out of my hand when picking it up off the Touchstone.

As mentioned in many other posts, the keyboard is remarkably easy to type with and easier to type with than the Pre had been.
    Joined the Veer team today, just now getting acquainted with it.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Waiting for mine to ship.
    just got mine today. Unlocked it and am using T-Mobile pay as you go. Only get EVDO but I use wifi for my connection any way. Really like to phone BUT the keyboard should slide out of the side not bottom as it would give bigger buttons and typing on web pages ib the better panoramic view.
    I`m looking for a cheep unlock option. Can anyone recommend it?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Ive had mine for a couple days, its a great little phone, build quaility is alot better than my pre minus or pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by tekis View Post
    Everything's good so far. I used DigitalUnlock. I bought it on eBay. Coming from a Centro it seems that the Veer's battery life isn't as long. Has anyone been able to load one of the "Themes" on their Veer? I just spent the last day and a half futzing with WOQI to no avail...
    To anyone new: Be careful adding themes and such. I think it screwed my phone up. It's almost where I want it to be now...
    I broke down and bought a Veer this weekend. I was waiting for the Pre3, but I'm not paying the ebay prices to get one! Definitely has some bugs, but is very workable. I'm especially surprised how well I can use the keyboard. Great companion phone to the TouchPad.
    Bought two veers thanks to dadueler! Sent in a request for 2 more for the parents
    I got one for my wife too
    On Veer, its bit of strugger for the first time user if he doesn't have AT&T sim with data connection. Its cumbersome to have only data capable AT&T sim for first time registration. Wish, they had allowed WIFI as alternative for registration
    Just got mine yesterday. Build quality is so much better then the Pre. The smaller keyboard is still just as usable as the Pre. The screen works much better (but I have a screen protector on my Pre)
    It is small (cute) and I might get teased a bit but it is soooo cool for its size. Everyone I have shown it to doesn't want to hand it back to me. :-)
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast