Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    Got my Veer today, I'm a sales rep so I got it free. I can say that so far I'm really liking the phone, but the non-standard adapter is a deal breaker. Everything else is great, the 4G is even faster than I was expecting. Noticed some lag at first but I think that was more to do with everything syncing and getting set up. The keyboard is great, but the screen is far too small for my taste. Still it is usable and will do to hold me over until the Pre3 hits.
    Do you have any information about the Pre3 on AT&T? Arrival date or specs or colors on anything?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    My Veer came in today as well and it was the best $200 I've spent! I absolutely love it! AT&T sales rep was an ***** tho. I went there thinking my pre plus SIM card would be to big (DOH!), and what I got was an ignorant sales rep who proclaimed that he will "never sell a palm phone to a customer" claiming the hardware is garbage...I started to combat his ignorance with rational thought and the "pro's" to the device and how it's now owned by HP who has a substantially larger budget as well as a better QA, but decided to stop when he said he was an avid iphone user (as was i from release until about 3 weeks ago) and said he wanted a phone that just "worked"...I've had at least 8 different iphones that were replaced due to "issues"...I also neglected to bring up the "death grip" to him (on a 4th generation phone). I happily took my new Veer, smiled and walked away to leave that ***** with his ignorance.
    Went and got my Veer activated today (yesterday?) during lunch, now it's all SIM'd up with a phone number and whatever network AT&T has in Chicago; I get crappy coverage both where I live and work, so I never saw transfer speeds above ~3Mbps.

So far I love it. It's pretty snappy, no perceivable lag in the interface, I was able to throw several things at it at once without it even blinking but I have yet to really stress-test it under heavy load. Everyone I've shown it to at work was impressed, mostly by the fact that the keyboard is usable for as tiny as it is. But then we used to be a Blackberry shop, so most of them are used to tiny keyboards. It's small, it's light, it's got a nice, bright screen, the headphone connector doesn't cause hissing or scratching or popping when it jostles around in my pocket, it's easy to clean fingerprints off of...etc.

I'm just now getting around to Preware and such, and I'm going to play with it more over the weekend to see what it's capable of between work and home.
    I am not an atomic playboy. - Admiral W.P. Blandy
    My wife and i just got two veers last weekend. I am coming from a Palm Treo 680. So far so good. Transferred my contacts and memos out from the Treo to Google via the Data Transfer Agent program, all seems good. The memos app in webos seems weak, it just hangs when trying to search keywords in memos - admittedly i have many hundreds of memos. Anyone recommend a better memo app, maybe evernote? Everything else is peachy. no lag, shockingly good battery life even though i receive about 200 emails per day. i can stay off the charger for more than 24 hrs with email syncing, an hour of calls, lots of texting, some browsing. wow. Managed to install preware using the self contained installer, freetether works perfectly! Got the phones for free on contract at att store by simply asking them to match the free price at best buy.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I just picked up a Veer for $200 off Craigslist form someone that got one for free at a HP event. This is my first WebOS experience and I got it so that I could learn about it and support any new users that may decide to get one in my firm. The latest phone I came from is a LG Quantum and I can tell you there is a big difference in weight between the two!
    I got mine a few weeks back. So far I love it. Especially the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Are you guys having issues with earphones and the 3.5 mm adapter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    Are you guys having issues with earphones and the 3.5 mm adapter?
    Actually, yes. I plugged my 200$ Diddy beats earphone and heard nothing. The sound came out of the speakers.

Not planning on using as a music player so it's not a big deal, but I'm still curious as to why.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    Actually, yes. I plugged my 200$ Diddy beats earphone and heard nothing. The sound came out of the speakers.

Not planning on using as a music player so it's not a big deal, but I'm still curious as to why.
    That's definitely not normal. But we should note that the 3.5mm jack on the headphone adapter is VERY tight. Check to make sure it's plugged in all the way.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post

Same thing problem as mine but I tried my iPod and Vmoda as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    Same thing problem as mine but I tried my iPod and Vmoda as well.
    Wonder if its an adapter issue. Tried my earphones with my ipod and they work... so its not that.

I do find it's very hard to plug the earphone in the adapter... lots of resistance.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Got mine in white from Best Buy yesterday. I love the size, weight, keyboard, look, and feel. Browsing the web, I do miss the real estate I gave up from the Pre, but the build quality and processor speed put the Pre to shame.
    AT&T "4G" is blazing compared to Sprint (never understood why Kansas City has such slow Sprint service and minimal WiMAX even though it's the corporate HQ). Around Lawrence, I get between 1.73 mbps down/1.35 up in a basement to 3.52 down/1.53 up. Sprint's service here is 0.5-0.8, 1.0 on an exceptional day.
    I hate that there is still no convenient way to get music on the phone. That's something HP needs to address immediately if the webOS ecosystem will gain any traction in the consumer market.
    I am also not in love with the power/headphone adapter. I guess I will have to rig a Touchstone in the car if I want to use my Veer to play music on road trips, which I make fairly often from KC - Iowa.
    Overall I'm impressed.
    got my veer yesterday morning from o2 germany via their homepage. even today its still reading "soon available" there but on monday a try to order it actually went through

thoughts and impressions:

- grrrrreat build quality

- the size is cute (i love it) but nobody realizes this at the proper extend only by imagery on the web or elsewhere

- typing works great, i have rather long nails which helps, still have to get used to it to be able to type even when its early in the morning or i am drunk

- battery seems very ok, but i havent completed one whole cycle yet. 1-2 % per hour, thats about the same as with my pres having 2-3 imaps, 1 exchange and some browsing use

- from the web i know that the veer has issues, so i plan to wait a little bit before i put on preware to firstly make sure it is free of hardware issues

- it has the sms bug where it lets you replace words with suggested corrections but still sends out the uncorrected text, i dont use all these things, so i dont care, but still... a device sending out other than you think hmmm.

- i dont want the facebook app installed because i know from my two pres that it sucks more battery than i want, but for some strange reason the browser based facebook web app doesnt work. very bad

- mobile hotspot is not available. not visible via the catalog, via the install-sms it states my os is too old (its 2.1.1 and its not willing to update). this is very very very bad since it is a deal breaker in my eyes

as said i wanna be halfwhat sure there are no screen black outs before i put preware on, so freetether is not an option for now. browser issues with facebook are very annoying even though it might be fbs fault and not hps.

so during the coming days and depending on the listed bullets and how they ll change, i ll decide if i keep the veer or switch back to my pre plus and solid 1.4.5
  14. ilovethepre
    I jumped ship from Sprint to get the Veer from a authorized Att Store, they gave me awesome deal, 2 Veers for $75.00 ! Now I just have to get used to the smaller size from the pre and then get used to the slight higher price of using ATT.
    I've had my Veer for almost a month now. Jumped ship from Sprint to get Veer from ATT. They priced matched BB so I got it for free. I will follow WebOS not a carrier. Get better coverage now. Hope that touch to share comes to Veer. I love the small size. I can't stand these slab phones. Matching the Veer with a TP is the best of both worlds.
    Battery life is so much better than my Pre- that I got day 1. My son has my Pre- now so when the Pre3 comes out he will be ready to take over my Veer if I go ahead and get the Pre3 instead of another Veer.
    Keep it up HP/WebOS. Everyone don't forget to donate, those guys do some great things.
    "It's only an island if you look at it from the water"
    Chief Brody JAWS
    I got my Veer a couple days ago at a ridiculously awesome price from ebay. This is my first experience with webOS and I have to say, I absolutely love it! I kinda hate AT&T with a passion unrivaled by 1000 suns, so I jailbroke it to work on T-Mobile, which it does exceptionally well (and the process was pretty straightforward). This is also my first smartphone, mainly because I dislike giant phones and like it to fit in my jeans pocket. I fully intend to pick up a Touchpad so I can (hopefully) pair the two up. Everyone who's seen and played with my phone so far has been completely enamored with it, so if HP can get off their butts, get some good marketing out there and make sure retailers can demo the products well (the display I saw at Best buy was pretty subpar), I think they really have a chance to be very mainstream to the consumer in the smartphone/tablet worlds.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    sending this from my brand new veer! So far I really enjoy it just havent found a good way to import my contacts from my old Samsung dumbphone.
    Export them as a *.csv to your computer and then load them into your google account.
    I just activated my Veer today and what has impressed me is how smooth it is compared to the Pre.

BTW, what's a good case for it? I've gotten used to using the Pre's "sleeping bag" for it and was wondering if there was an equivalent for the Veer.

Thanks!
    Like hrminer92, I just received my Veer last night. I like it very much! My Palm Centro was still going strong, but I have been well overdue for a phone with internet. My TouchPad has felt a little neglected since I got the Veer, but can't wait for the OTA update to the Veer so that they can play nicely together! I also have the same question for Veer users, is there a case that is recommended by all? Thanks!
    Proud owner of a TouchPad, a Pre3 and a Veer!
    Tatobest likes this.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast