Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    You got a brand new un opened Veer for only 200 dollars?? or am I missing something?
    Could have been sold by one of those lucky folks on the NY subway the other day when they were being given out.
    <<Threads merged>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Don't have one, but I played with one at the AT&T store at Walden today. A bit too small for me, but I have to say the build is lightyears better than the Pre Plus I have. OS smoothness is just to the spot, and the keyboard is good, and I mean like close to BlackBerry Curve good.

PS- the lady came up to me and helped, but when I said I came to look at the Veer she just walked away. Although I think she could tell I was a Canadian looking to make some free long distance calls.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    You got a brand new un opened Veer for only 200 dollars?? or am I missing something?
    Yup brand new in the box. It's the black one. And the auction ended at $207...I was the lucky winner!
    Grabbed a white Veer from Best Buy in Oakland, CA while on vacation in San Francisco this past week. Unfortunately, "free" isn't necessarily true in California as they charge tax on the full amount of the phone.

Otherwise, I love this phone (even with it's auto-dimming issue) as it's replacing a Motorola Razr V3i, which I went back to after dumping my iPhone 2G when I purchased an iPad.
    Got mine on Friday. Off contract via eBay for ~$240, not too shabby! This is my 3rd webOS device (Pre-, Pre2).

Pro:
    * Best built webOS device by far, great slider, great keyboard
    * The size - it still makes me smile, pretty amazing given the power
    * The battery life - so far so great - knock on wood
    * Speed - most things are just as fast if not faster than the Pre 2

Con:
    * The "magsafe" usb connector. While cool and perfectly functional I'll need to buy at least one extra for the car.
    * Rebuying games for the different screen resolution - I wish you could buy the game once in you profile and then just get it for the diff resolutions when you switch devices.
    * Sometimes the lower part of the screen is unresponsive after leaving the unlock screen - can't tap the sms notification for example - hope thats a software fix

Overall I'm totally loving this thing so far. It's funny how huge the Pre 2 seems in comparison now!
    Thought you guys would be happy to know i went to a Best Buy and they had a working veer on display. Thought it was notable especially since the iphone and one android phone was the only other working phone they had. Regardless they had one.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnitsuj View Post
    Con:
    * The "magsafe" usb connector. While cool and perfectly functional I'll need to buy at least one extra for the car.
    * Rebuying games for the different screen resolution - I wish you could buy the game once in you profile and then just get it for the diff resolutions when you switch devices.

Overall I'm totally loving this thing so far. It's funny how huge the Pre 2 seems in comparison now!
    just put a touchstone in the car! makes things so much easier and speakerphone works great with the windows up.
    i have like 12 touchstones lol

picked up 2 veers at bestbuy, need 2 more now and finding out bestbuy has a policy that they can only open 3 lines of service within 60days on att, so stupid.
    Palm prē-ist.
    I'm really liking my Veer. It's fast enough for most things. It could use a little boost for scrolling lag issues but it's not a major deal. Keyboard is great, size is great, and I haven't had any issues with the small screen.

Larger issues:

Sound volume was really low for the first day or so, even with it turned all the way up. Seems to be working fine now.

Removing the device from the TouchStone sometimes does not close out exhibition mode.

Sometimes after a phone call I remove the Veer from my ear and expect the screen to come on but it remains black. Cycling the slider, pressing the power button and pressing keys on the kb DO NOT turn the screen back on. The only way I can get it on is to place the Veer on a TouchStone.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    i have like 12 touchstones lol
    I would be careful knocking any spare atomic particles loose if I were you...with 12 touchstones, I think you may have a miniature particle accelerator in your home...you might disrupt the fabric of the universe if you aren't careful! Could have been the end of the world as we know it....by the way, what were you doing on Saturday May 21?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Tatobest likes this.
    Picked up a white Veer from Best Buy mobile yesterday at the mall. Not for me, my 10-year old step daughter. You really can't appreciate how small it is until you play with a real one in person.

The guy activating it admitted this was his first Veer activation. It took about 30 minutes because of signal issues.

Got the Veer home, put Preware on it and patched it so I can disable 3G/H+ because we have her on the $15 200mb plan.

I really dig this phone. It is facinating. Everyone who sees it is impressed at how small the phone is. The hardware is very nice. It makes my Pre- look terrible. The screen is small but what people don't realize is that the non-software keyboard makes it useable.

I just hope she doesn't lose/break it.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I FINALLY get to check in as a Veer owner. Seemed like it took forever for it to be delivered.

Got lucky with the purchase from Amazon for $50 of the white model and glad they didnt back out on delivering. It arrived today and I am loving it. Will post back later with my comments from a tech company user as I am replacing my BB Bold with the Veer. Still running my Pre- on Sprint as well but as my personal phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorn79 View Post
    I FINALLY get to check in as a Veer owner. Seemed like it took forever for it to be delivered.

Got lucky with the purchase from Amazon for $50 of the white model and glad they didnt back out on delivering. It arrived today and I am loving it. Will post back later with my comments from a tech company user as I am replacing my BB Bold with the Veer. Still running my Pre- on Sprint as well but as my personal phone.
    how the hell?! you might be the only l person in the world who was lucky enough to not get their order canceled! I'm so jealous.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorn79 View Post

You aren't saying you got the $50 off-contract price, are you?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    You aren't saying you got the $50 off-contract price, are you?
    Yes $50 off contract. I was willing to pay for it as off contract but finally had something break in a positive way for me. I posted about this higher up in this thread I believe. Wish I would have gotten my wife one. She loves the size.

EDIT: Posted about this in the Comment Here if you have found White Veer thread, not on this one.
    Last edited by WarHorn79; 06/01/2011 at 03:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Update on my Best Buy experience: After a great experience in Battle Creek, MI, I found myself in the Portage, MI Best Buy the other day. Found only a non-functioning (dummy) unit. Was disappointed, until I asked a salesperson where the Veer was. He pointed to the end-cap, around from where I was. WOW, it was great to see the phone with its own display, properly out there for all to see, even if I missed it!!! He then came over to see if he could assist me. He went on to say that webOS was his favorite of the OS'es, but he really wants a big slab of a phone, so he was using something else. Either way, he was really knowledgeable and didn't try to dissuade me in any way. Best Buy: two for two, in my area. ATT- zilch.

I just wish we hadn't lost power for three days. I would have SO loved to get in on that amazon deal!!!
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by vpr View Post
    Thanks I found it, your instructions were quite accurate!

Is Preware pretty easy to install? Is the phone recognized when connected to the pc/mac via the magnetic usb dongle (haven't tried it). I would be doing it from my Macbook since I'm in a hotel room for the next couple weeks, and my PC is at home.
    Yup, I use a mac and it quite simple to do. The hardest part about it is for some people WebOSQuickInstall has problems running because it uses the news type of Java Runtime. So you may get half a headache getting WebOSQuickInstall running but the actual installation is so easy a caveman could do it
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    My $50 Amazon Veer is on its way. I somehow scored a $20 discount, so I opted for 1-day shipping, which was still under $50 total.

I'm debating Doctoring it so I don't have to activate it, but I'm also considering getting a cheap low-data plan (I'd be using mostly wifi anyway) with AT&T.
    Last edited by Atomic Playboy; 06/02/2011 at 10:58 PM.
    I am not an atomic playboy. - Admiral W.P. Blandy
    Got my Veer. It didn't come with a SIM, obviously, so I'm going to swing by an AT&T store tomorrow during lunch and get it activated. I'm going to see if they'll allow a data-only plan, or if I have to get a voice and data plan together.

Anybody know if it's functional without a SIM? I haven't done anything with it besides power it on yet, and it wants a SIM.
    Last edited by Atomic Playboy; 06/02/2011 at 10:58 PM.
    I am not an atomic playboy. - Admiral W.P. Blandy
    Got my Veer today, I'm a sales rep so I got it free. I can say that so far I'm really liking the phone, but the non-standard adapter is a deal breaker. Everything else is great, the 4G is even faster than I was expecting. Noticed some lag at first but I think that was more to do with everything syncing and getting set up. The keyboard is great, but the screen is far too small for my taste. Still it is usable and will do to hold me over until the Pre3 hits.
    HP Veer 4G Black At&t
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast