Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Try out AiiType for chinese input. I suppose Webos 2.1.. but I am not sure whether it works on Veer..
    if she really doesn't want any data traffic unless she has wife, she can turn the data radio off in the phone app. That means no email without wife.

the heat thing is normal since it has an inductive charging app.

I recommend that you grab a couple of touchstones from amazon. Wireless charging is amazing, and it makes the perfect car mount.
    wife = wifi? darn autocorrect lol
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    No email without wife. With wife, much email is ok.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    For Chinese input, search for "justinput". It's designed for webOS 1.4.5, not sure if it would work with 2.0, though.

It's rumored that Chinese support is built-in in the webOS 2.0 SDK; but stripped out from phones that are sold in the US. Not sure how hard would it be to pull out the language files from the SDK and load it onto the Veer...
  6. vpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if she really doesn't want any data traffic unless she has wife, she can turn the data radio off in the phone app. That means no email without wife.

the heat thing is normal since it has an inductive charging app.

I recommend that you grab a couple of touchstones from amazon. Wireless charging is amazing, and it makes the perfect car mount.
    And how do you go about this?

I searched for these IMEs in the App Catalog and they're not there, I'm assuming I have to use Preware or something like that is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by vpr View Post

I searched for these IMEs in the App Catalog and they're not there, I'm assuming I have to use Preware or something like that is that right?
    The hard way is to go into the phone preferences. Phone App-swipe down menu in the upper left hand corner-prefences. The easier way would be to install Preware and add the data on/off switch to the device menu in the upper right hand corner.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    you...you....you...great guy...thats cool I bought or rather got for free a pixi on sprint for my girlfriend..way to go dude

the easiest is to get the app called "quick system tasks"
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Help me out, those of you who have deeper knowledge than I: He could also use the free app "Data Toggle", couldn't he? I have that on my Pixi Plus, and I thought those apps would also run on the Veer, but I am not sure.
    tim
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    No email without wife. With wife, much email is ok.
    Too funny!
    tim
  12. vpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The hard way is to go into the phone preferences. Phone App-swipe down menu in the upper left hand corner-prefences. The easier way would be to install Preware and add the data on/off switch to the device menu in the upper right hand corner.
    Thanks I found it, your instructions were quite accurate!

Is Preware pretty easy to install? Is the phone recognized when connected to the pc/mac via the magnetic usb dongle (haven't tried it). I would be doing it from my Macbook since I'm in a hotel room for the next couple weeks, and my PC is at home.
    I just saw my first Veer at a Best Buy today. I called my wife and said "They've got a display model of the Veer!". She said "I don't want to see it. We can't move to AT$T and I know I'll just NEED one if I see one".

She's currently using an LG Lotus, and is a model case of HP's idea to move feature-phone users to the Veer as their first smartphone.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I have added a Veer to my collection of phones as well. I'm a long time Palm/Treo user that jumped ship to android when the G1 was released. Since then I've owned the G1, myTouch, several Cliqs, Cliq XT, Backflip, Behold 2, Defy, & a Droid2Global. I'm a gadget geek, I'll admit it. lol. I picked up a AT&T Pre Plus a few weeks ago after I was asked to do some kernel work for the Pre/Pre+, Pixi/Pixi+. It's all under NDA, but I figured why not. I've been working on android for quite a while now, so I was interested in messing w/ WebOS. I've had fun. For the next 30 days, I'm replacing my personal android phone w/ the Veer. At then end of the 30 days, I'll get to choose between a Pre 3 or an android phone of my choosing.
    In comparison between the Pre+ doctored to 2.1.0 & the Veer, the Veer is great. The screen is smaller, but so far it hasn't bothered me. I've found that I like having a smaller phone again. The phone is faster, seems to run smoother, etc for me. I'm still re-purchasing all the same apps I have on my Pre+ for the Veer & getting them setup, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it holds up over the next 30 days. Oh & if you wonder why I'm using a different profile/re-purchasing my apps, I did it to support the developers who write the apps I use.
    So I recently swapped my iPhone 4 for a pre+ and love it, so much so that I need 2.2 so I just won a veer on eBay for $200 I cannot wait! Only time will tell if I stick with the veer or up it to the pre3. I'll keep this thread posted on my views or the veer!
    you will like the Veer!
    Since she is new to the country and doesn't have any credit they wanted $150 deposit...
    Mail order bride? Niiiiiiiiice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    So I recently swapped my iPhone 4 for a pre+ and love it, so much so that I need 2.2 so I just won a veer on eBay for $200 I cannot wait! Only time will tell if I stick with the veer or up it to the pre3. I'll keep this thread posted on my views or the veer!
    You got a brand new un opened Veer for only 200 dollars?? or am I missing something?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    You got a brand new un opened Veer for only 200 dollars?? or am I missing something?
    Probably not. No mention of delivery yet.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast