Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
Like Tree17Likes
    My HP Veer was working fine last night, plugged it into my computer to charge but never went past 83%. I restarted the phone this morning and the screen shows a battery with a ? inside. I've tried charging again with the wall outlet adapter and with the computer USB port with no luck. can anyone help me?
    There are a number of threads on that issue, you could have done a search first.

From what I read (when I had the same issue not too long ago), removing the battery usually solves the issue. I had to take it out for a few minutes, otherwise it still wouldn't boot.

Here's a guide explaining disassembly.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    My wife bought her Veer today, and we are both extremely impressed. The keyboard is fantastic, the screen size is good for most of the activities she wants, and it is blazingly fast. I'm holding out for the Pre3, but I was sorely tempted in the store once I held the Veer. I'll still wait for the Pre3, just to compare my options, but I could happily end up owning a Veer. It won't make the big screen, multi-media folks happy, but if you want a solid, pocketable, full featured smart phone, the Veer is a great option.
    Have you had any problems with your turn by turn GPS navigator? Is there anything you can recommend?

I have spent days trying to get mine to work, please see my thread here and any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

GPS Navigator for HP Veer in 2014?
    I picked up a couple of VEERs from eBay last year, partly as backups for my PREs, and partly for the novelty. But now they have made my PREs seem big and clunky, so I'm using them more and more. I just wish I had got them while there still was an App Catalog to go to. What is the fix? Is there any way to download apps to a virgin VEER, or maybe a way to copy some that I already have from my PREs?

Of course the biggest problem is...trying not to lose them. I already misplaced one for over a week. I finally found it under the seat of my work truck, where I had looked two or three times already, but couldn't see it shimmied up against a seat pillar.
    Did you back up your apps before the shutdown?
    Guide: Saving Apps From The App Catalog Part 2: HP Takeout | pivotCE (THIS WON'T WORK ANYMORE)

There are still ways to do it, but it's more complicated - I think you remove the various files and repackage them as an IPK you can then install with WOSQI. Haven't tried it and there may be problems if apps alter their code at installation. Have a search.
    Some discussion on apps here, though it's more about data.
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015
    I did not back up the PREs. I had installed all the apps that I wanted some time ago, and other than accepting updates, hadn't paid attention to what was going on with WebOS/HP. Now that I'm using the VEERs more often, I wanted to put some of those same apps on them, and, well, too late.

On saw something earlier in this thread about getting into developer mode. I' guessing that might be a path to being able to copy installed apps from Pre-to-PC-to VEER? Or maybe from some other app archive?
    Quote Originally Posted by VisorPrismBob View Post
    On saw something earlier in this thread about getting into developer mode. I' guessing that might be a path to being able to copy installed apps from Pre-to-PC-to VEER? Or maybe from some other app archive?
    That is definitely working with most of the apps. I don't know the easiest way, since I have the webOS-SDK and webOSQuickinstall already installed and my devices are always in developer mode.

It is possible to take an application-folder out of the folder /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ of your Pre, copy it to /media/intenal/ and get it with a USB-connection to your PC. Then you use the palm-package.bat of the SDK to build an ipk-file out of your downloaded app-folder.
    You can install the generated ipk-file with webOSQuickinstall to your Veer.

Maybe there is an alternative way without SDK. If not, you might get the SDK as described here.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Just got my new` HP Veer to take a stroll down Nostalgia Lane on the only webOS device I didn't yet own. This is one adorable little sucker... glad lots of you guys have blazed the trail ahead for me!
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vara4111 View Post
    Just got my new` HP Veer to take a stroll down Nostalgia Lane on the only webOS device I didn't yet own. This is one adorable little sucker... glad lots of you guys have blazed the trail ahead for me!
    same hereI got a veer and a pre 3 on ebay recenly, I am keeping the veer as calling and music small and light driver as I donk like having a big phone on me all the time
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112