Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I went into the ATT store in Stamford CT and they had the Veer right up the front with the Pixi Plus next to it. I was rather disappointed that the Veer only had 1 bar strength in that building (seriously ATT, use one of those femcell micro towers you keep giving away in your own store) and they didnt have the wifi setup. Either way the veer was a pleasure to hold (wish I could have closed the slider but they had the security lock on the back of the device). I am going to look into getting a Veer once the Touchpad comes out as a combo.
    Modesto, CA at&t rating regarding the HP Veer: F (Yes, F for fail)

Mchenry Store:
    The rep knew what the HP Veer was, but when he showed me the demo unit the device didn't have a charger and would not power on. Then, he started to talk trash about the phone. He said that the phone was too small, the keyboard was bad, the interface was complicated and if I needed a smartphone I should get an iPhone instead. Even after I said that I was looking for a small smartphone that I can take anywhere in my pocket, he insisted that the iPhone wasn't too big.

Sisk Store:
    The rep didn't know what the HP Veer was. I actually had to showed him where it was, then he just stood next to me and said that he didn't even know that they had that phone. This demo unit did have a charger and I was able to play with it for a bit. Though, one of the security plugs was glued on the top left side of the screen and it was messing up the touch sensitivity. Very dumb.

All in all at&t showed me that they don't care a single bit about the HP Veer. I'm really disappointed. I hope the Pre 3 has a better future.
    He's somewhat right though. Naked, the iPhone 4 is quite portable actually. If you put on a skin case or bumper, it remains so for the most part. It has a narrow width screen and thin in depth.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I. Purchased my Veer on May 18 at an official AT&T Store in Texas.

II.
    A. Display: 3. The Veer was set up along the wall with all the other phones, positioned just a few spots away from the sales desk. It was actually on and working, which is nice. I don't remember seeing any special signage or stickers announcing it as a new phone.

B. Salesperson knowledge of the Veer: 2, but it's complicated. The first guy sort of gave me a confused look when I asked for it, and wasn't sure if they had it in yet (he claimed he was on vacation all last week). I told him I bet they have it in, because it launched on the 15th. He checked with another salesperson who was like, "oh yeah, the small one? It's over on the wall there." So a partial fail for not knowing about it being in stock... but the guy who was helping me out did seem to know that it was new, running WebOS, and seemed somewhat familiar with the mag connector. Not a total bust.

C. Sales effort: 4. Salesperson was actually pretty helpful. He was honest about not being completely knowledgeable about the Veer, but without prompting went to the back to print out specs & reviews of the phone from a few different websites. I told him I didn't need them but appreciated the gesture. I also liked that he saw I was set on the Veer, and didn't trash it or try to sell me something else.

III. Comments: see above. Overall it wasn't Disneyland but the employees showed effort and I got in and out with minimum hassle. Can't really complain, just hope that HP makes a bigger push for the tablet and Pre3.
    Nokia 5160 > Nokia 8390 > Nokia 6800 > Nokia E62 > HP Veer 4G
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    AT&T midtown Atlanta store, 1544 Piedmont Avenue, 30324

Display: 0. Veer was no where to be seen.
    Salesperson knowledge: 5 Asked sales person, who pulled out his own personal Veer and let me play around with it. Knew the phone well and talked it up, was pretty pleased with it and happy to talk webOS.
    Salesperson effort: 4 I told him going in I was not buying today. Have 2 wks or so left on my Sprint contract. He understood and was low-pressure, and also got out his Android phone to compare. Did say there are some apps on that phone he wishes was on the Veer, but overall very positive.

Great experience. Assuming I get a Veer, and pending some announcement that is where I am heading, I am going back there and giving him my business.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    AT&T store in the Wellington/Royal Palm Beach area, FL, off state road 7 in Palm Beach County. This is the second store I'd visited, after the downtown West Palm store (reviewed earlier)

Display: 4. This veer was there, on, properly charged, with demo running, with its display, and situated amongst the other smartphones.

Salesperson knowledge: 2. They knew of it.

Sales effort: 1. It was like a joke to them. "What were they thinking?" They'd point it out like "you gotta see this" but it was all mocking it. They thought it was a like a toy, but said no kids had wanted it. He said their store has not sold even one.

comments - overall they were polite, once they realized I liked webOS they stopped trashing it. I tried to pry for knowledge of pre3 or touchpad, they had not heard anything.
    AT&T Store
    7507 E 36th Ave
    Suite 100, Denver, CO 80238
    (303) 322-1810

--

Display: 2. The Veer was on display, but has no power because the charger has been taken off. I plugged it back in before I left. Additionally, both AT&T stores I've been to that has a Veer on display, places a stupid anti-theft device right on the screen of the phone! This makes it really awkward to use, as well as blocking parts of the screens that users need access to.

Salesperson knowledge: N/A. I did not get a chance to talk to the salespeople.

Sales Effort: N/A The salespeople were all huddled in a corner talking to each other and didn't even acknowledge me. Also, after finding out that the Veer wasn't even powered and plugging in the power cord, I left.
    im back to my pre- on sprint. 1 day charge of 2 veers, $185, 4 days w/at&t $391.82 other 2 phones couldnt even be ordered to an issue w/ bestbuys dealer code, att offered to send me the 2... i spent 12 hrs total trying to get everything resolved. 10 minutes returning back to sprint. god i hope new webos hardware is coming, i loved that veer, but signal was worse with att than sprint believe it or not, at least they finally acknowledge an outage in the area
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    im back to my pre- on sprint. 1 day charge of 2 veers, $185, 4 days w/at&t $391.82 other 2 phones couldnt even be ordered to an issue w/ bestbuys dealer code, att offered to send me the 2... i spent 12 hrs total trying to get everything resolved. 10 minutes returning back to sprint. god i hope new webos hardware is coming, i loved that veer, but signal was worse with att than sprint believe it or not, at least they finally acknowledge an outage in the area
    That sounds more like a service provider issue than an AT&T store or Veer issue.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I went back to this store yesterday. The veer was out; however, it was not connected to a power source. I inquired about how I could test it out and the sales clerk said that I couldn't. The sales clerk stated that he does not see the need for a phone with such a small screen and small key board. He also mentioned that if he does not believe in a phone, then he will not try to promote it. I asked him what if customers want to see how it works? He stated that they can use their imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey123 View Post
    I. Village of Sandhills; Columbia, SC.
    II.
    A. Display: 1
    B. Knowledge: 1
    C. Effort: 1

I am not interested in purchasing the Veer, because it's too small for me. However, I wanted to see it. I went to the ATT store and inquired about the Veer. One person said: "What?" She then said that she didn't think that they had any. Then she said that she had to ask another person. The other person said that the Infuse was being sold today, but he didn't think that the Veer was. They didn't have any on display in the store. However, he said that he had one in the back that he could show me. He brought it out and told me that it was not turned on, but that I could see how it looks and feels. He really did not seem to have any information about the phone, nor did the other person. He, again, asked me if I was interested in the Infuse. When I said no, he went to help someone else.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I went back to this store yesterday. The veer was out; however, it was not connected to a power source. I inquired about how I could test it out and the sales clerk said that I couldn't. The sales clerk stated that he does not see the need for a phone with such a small screen and small key board. He also mentioned that if he does not believe in a phone, then he will not try to promote it. I asked him what if customers want to see how it works? He stated that they can use their imagination.
    You have an associate who is making decisions/statements such as this? I think I would pass this along to the store director/manager. If that gets you nothing, I would forward this to both HP and ATT.
    tim
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    You have an associate who is making decisions/statements such as this? I think I would pass this along to the store director/manager. If that gets you nothing, I would forward this to both HP and ATT.
    Yeah that is above and beyond apathy or lazy salesmanship. That is actively bad.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Gainesville branch (butler plaza, gainesville FL) folks are nice but they say they don't have the cable to charge their device. Lame! I tweeted to Palm but got nothin back.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I. Monroe at Wells St., downtown Chicago, IL.
    II.
    A. 2
    B. 2
    C. 5

There was one sign on a wall nearby the display, but it was not viewable from the entrance, nor even from the counter; you had to walk over to where the Veer display was, and then both black and white Veers were separated by several other phones, with a monster (pun intended) display for the Samsung Infuse 4G.

I won't blame the store itself, but rather all of AT&T and HP. AT&T put so much promotion into the Infuse 4G (same launch period) that the Veer was COMPLETELY overshadowed (metaphorically and literally) by the Samsung behemoth. The AT&T rep I spoke with to get my Amazon $50 mistake(!) activated had no clue that his store even had one; we walked around and found both the black and white Veers on display--right next to the Infuse 4G.

However, a couple of the other employees did know about it and had some information on it, but expressed their own dislike of the overall handling of the rollout, due to the popularity of Android and their darling iPhone. They were impressed that I knew as much as I did about it, and said I should be working there. :P (I put the phone in dev mode without a SIM card so I could get the IMEI off of it. I didn't have the box with me.)

Some good came of it all; the guy who helped me, Dan, made it his personal mission to learn more about the Veer and help his other employees market it a bit better internally. I guess even one customer can show there's demand for it.
    Last edited by Atomic Playboy; 06/05/2011 at 01:40 PM.
    I am not an atomic playboy. - Admiral W.P. Blandy
    I agree with the others. Report him. He should not make decisions for customers making a valid inquiry. He won't show it because he decided there's no need??? How about letting the customer decide if there's no need?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Is it still a soft launch? These ATT store stories are 99% awful and 1% "ok"
    It really is frustrating watching something you love be manhandled so poorly!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I actually think that I was speaking to the manager during this incident. However, since I did not ask him that directly, I did not want to be presumptuous and post that information. When this person stated that he did not see the need for a phone with such a small screen and small key board, and that he would not promote a phone that he does not believe in, he made the point to say that he told the HP rep those exact words when he was in the store. So, I assumed that he was the manager.

He did seem knowledgeable about webos. He mentioned that HP makes very good products and that webos has some nice features. He just did not see a market for this phone. I asked him if he thought that teens would be interested in this phone and he said no. He thought that some of the features were too advance for teens and younger individuals. He also mentioned that when HP sends them a product that has a decent size screen and a descent size keyboard, then he would promote it. However, it was clear that the veer on display in this store would not be hooked up to a power source. Thus, no customer will get a chance to see how it works -- at least not in this store.
    But this is a problem. How can he arbitrarily decide not to show or sell to customers if they want it or want more info? Even if he wouldn't buy for himself, it's insulting that he would take it upon himself to think for customers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345