Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    I. Address: AT&T Store 4805 Briarcliff Road Northeast #101, Atlanta, GA
    RATING: 1
    A. Display: 1
    B. Knowledge:2
    C Effort: 1

comment: No Veer on display as of Monday morning. Representative said they have them packed up in the back and hope to have the display set up later in the week. Offered an appointment time to get a demo.
    Updated: Went back in today (Wednesday), still nothing on display. Spoke to the manager who said the Veer was "very complicated" and they needed to train on it before they displayed it.
    I have no interest in a Veer and I'm not even on AT&T but just wanted to see it in person.

Address: Lodi, CA

Display: 1
    The phone was on display, but it wasnt logged into a profile so anyone who even wanted to look at it could only look at the profile log in screen.

Knowledge:?
    I didnt talk to anyone about it.

Effort: 1
    As mentioned above, I didnt talk to anyone about it because no one even approached me to see if I had any questions. I was standing there playing with the thing for a good 15 minutes even though I couldnt actually use it and even restarted the phone just for the hell of it.

I've never had a good experience with that store or with AT&T for that matter. One of the reasons I am on Verizon now.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Something to keep in mind, they may make more on the sale of a $199 Android than they do on a $99 Veer. I'm not sure if they work for commission or not.
    I'm not sure how commission works but I do know accessories are a part of it. Sell a Veer and you need a touchstone and headphones to go with it.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Updated: Went back in today (Wednesday), still nothing on display. Spoke to the manager who said the Veer was "very complicated" and they needed to train on it before they displayed it.
    Whoa, if you have time, why don't you see what he means by "complicated."
    Could be one question they are stumped by and if it gets answered, all of a sudden the Veer is simple and intuitive.
    I. 16055 Emerald Coast Parkway #101
    Destin, FL 32541

II.
    A. 2: The phone is off next to the pixi plus and moto flipout (both of which are free) It was on airplane mode probably to conserve battery life as there was no charger equipped.
    B & C. 1: icked up veer: "is this a new phone?" says I, "Noooo :chuckles: that's been there for months, I honestly don't know why it's even still up there"

III.
    I then asked about other phones.
    He has an iphone but is getting the atrix soon. He loves Windowsphone's UI the best and can't wait until the apps updates come around to complete the package.

My thoughts on the phone:
    Lovely build quality. Solid like a river stone, like jewelry.

It was speedy and opened apps fast enough for my taste.

The pixi keyboard is MUCH easier to type on. This one is nice but too flat compared to the wonderful bumpy clicky pixi board.

Hate how WebOS takes up SO MUCH SCREEN when they have so little to start with. The veer screen looked smaller than the pixi showing off demo mode (no rounded corners) because of the rounded corners and the notification bar.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    I. 26811 ALISO CREEK RD ALISO VIEJO, CA 92656
    II. Not on display
    III. Salesman not sure what Veer was, and was not interested in talking with me about it.

Considering the abuse I am taking trying to get DSL installed from ATT, I think its time some of their execs do a little prison time. Maybe they can re-think their attitude toward customer service. Then maybe permitted to return to society and serve the populace.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I. North Hills Mall, Raleigh, NC
    II.
    A. 3
    B. N/A
    C. N/A

Comments:

When I entered the store, an AT&T rep promptly greeted me and asked if she could help me. I advised I was interested in the HP Veer and she immediately directed me to the location of the display unit. She asked me if I required further attention from a sales representative. I unfortunately didn't have time, but I plan on visiting the store again to see how well the representative pitches the product. All in all, I was satisfied with the AT&T showroom experience, but the proof will be in the pudding upon my next visit. I am curious to see if the rep will be able to espouse the webOS goodness and the hardare features of the phone, but I was encouraged by the fact that they had a display and the greeting rep knew where it was without hesitation. People, if you haven't seen one yet, that is one small damn smart phone.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    1. Apple Valley MN
    A. 2 Not on display but the sales person knew that and grabbed it from the back. They did have the cord attached, so they were in the process of putting it out.
    B. 4 Fairly knowledgeable about webos.
    C. 5 Surprisingly several sales people in the store were talking about it when I was looking at it. They all were just as amazed as I was about the size and performance.
    Mansell Rd at 400 - Alpharetta, GA

Display: 4
    Knowledge: 0
    Effort:2

After calling 4 stores and visiting another, this store told me they had 2. I went and found one on display. After testing the keyboard, I told the clerk I would like to buy. She started putting in the Sim card and doing some paperwork. I went back to the display. When I went back to the desk, she was struggling to pry the Veer open. I asked what she was doing and she said she was trying to remove the battery. I told her the battery was non-removable. She had damaged the phone, separating the bezel at the top of the display, probably also damaged the sliding mech. After checking in the back, they had no more to sell and sent me to another nearby store. I was able to buy the phone at the other location, but the staff did not seem to know much about it. They told me the rep had been in to setup the display share some info.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mild7 View Post

After calling 4 stores and visiting another, this store told me they had 2. I went and found one on display. After testing the keyboard, I told the clerk I would like to buy. She started putting in the Sim card and doing some paperwork. I went back to the display. When I went back to the desk, she was struggling to pry the Veer open. I asked what she was doing and she said she was trying to remove the battery. I told her the battery was non-removable. She had damaged the phone, separating the bezel at the top of the display, probably also damaged the sliding mech. After checking in the back, they had no more to sell and sent me to another nearby store. I was able to buy the phone at the other location, but the staff did not seem to know much about it. They told me the rep had been in to setup the display share some info.
    That's freaking hilarious! Well, so much for the theory that doing a "soft" release, where no one knows anything about the phone, is really a smart thing to do!

Enjoy your new phone! Let us all know how it works for you.
    tim
    It's pathetic IMO. Seems barely anyone in the stores know or care about this phone. Nice going HP.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's pathetic IMO. Seems barely anyone in the stores know or care about this phone. Nice going HP.
    C'mon, now, she cared enough to replace the battery!
    tim
    I. 3250 Brunswick Pike, Lawrenceville, NJ

II. 2.5

A. 3 - They had the Veer right next to the Windows Phone 7 Phones, but it was on the end cap. It was pretty visable.
    B. 1 - My sales person didn't know anything about the phone. Another sales person there knew how to work the phone and actually said she misses using the Pre because of the multitasking. My sales person was trying to look for the battery...lol
    C. 1.5 - Like stated before the other sales person had positive things to say about WebOS, rather than my sales guy who even asked me if I wanted a Google phone instead
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    hell, the store in el paso, texas had none on display but the lady was willing to go open one for me while she kept pushing the Infuse and Atrix! if she was hotter i'd probably listened to her! LOL
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    OK, now it gets even better! We are running a 10K tomorrow, and my wife broke her headphones, so I went to BestBuy with her. The headphones are 10 feet from the mobile phone department, so while she was looking, I ambled over to the phone sales desk, where three salespeople were hanging out. I asked if he had the new HP Veer, expecting to get the same blank stare I got at ATT on Sunday morning. "Just got it today", he says, as he swiftly walks over to a locked cabinet, unlocks it and hauls out a new white one in a box! Now, if that's not enough, he starts to open it and I expect to find a dead phone, just like the ATT store. Oh, no... it's fully charged up, demo app running. All he had to do was press the power button and I was in business!!!

He then goes on to tell me he was an original Pre owner, but after a little over a year, he got tired of "coming soon", so he left. Then, the other guy starts chiming in about what a neat little webOS phone that is and that he ALSO had a Pre (three of them, actually) but left because of build quality! Go figure.

Bottom line- My local Best Buy knew 10,000% more about webOS and HP phones than the "exclusive" ATT store. What a crock! Oh, well, it was really cool to hold this phone and see the demo app running. My wife even came over, grabbed it out of my hands and took a picture with it, without needing hardly any prompting from me. (She HATES changing technology, so she is still loving her Centro!) She commented on how good the phone felt and how she would love something that tiny for days when she didn't want to carry her purse. I would have bought her one on the spot, but she won't let me spend the $15/month for a data plan, when she will NEVER use that part of it, and it's hard to argue with her on that.

Anyway, those two young men at BB did a lot to soothe my boiling blood that came from the cluster-launch of Sunday.
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by mild7 View Post

i had the same experience on launch day. the display was also their only phone. poor salesrep was mortified, but she couldn't be blamed since there was zero education on the device.

AT&T store downtown Portland, OR 4th/Yamhill
    Display: 2 (device was there, but not plugged in or booted up)
    Knowledge: 0 none. nada. zilch
    Effort:2 she had the good grace to at least feel bad. not her fault, which is forgivable; knew nothing about hspa+ devices or speeds, which is less so.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I also went to that store next to sawgrass Mills on the wed after the Veer Launch. They had no display or V or Veer on the floor....when I asked they got one from the back. I asked how come it was not displayed and they looked at me like I was from Mars..... My wife asked some questions about her acct and adding a line and the sales associate (Jose) told us he had beter phones to offer than the veer and of course proceed it to show her some gigantic screen android whatever it was.... I had to bit my tongue and keep my cool....on the plus side my daughter loves the Veer and wants to get one.....Just think HP has a big mountain to climb..
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    5,5,5 My store had a nice big poster on the front window next to the infuse and a nice display with tons of info and touchstone chargers right under the phone! The sales rep was pretty knowledgeable about the phone to. This the store in Ocala, Florida
    I stopped by 2 ATT resellers in the Columbus, Oh area this weekend. One had a phone on display (a dummy) and the other had it at the counter, but no display, also a dummy. The good news was that the HP rep had been in both stores to show off the phones and offer training. Both reps were excited about the phones, but the extent of their knowledge was it was cool and did neat stuff.

They actually did a good job of generic selling, offering to order one, look up plans, etc. They had no idea when a live one would be in the store, but she is calling me when it arrives. I think it must be next to impossible to sell this system or phone without a live demonstration. I was disappointed that the sales people knew nothing about WEBOS since, in theory, they had the pixi before.

On a side note, my wife, who owns a Sprint pixi, really liked the phone. First thing she said was the keyboard was like her pixi and not like the lousy one on my Pre! Sheesh, at least I have wifi!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Whoa, if you have time, why don't you see what he means by "complicated."
    Could be one question they are stumped by and if it gets answered, all of a sudden the Veer is simple and intuitive.
    Went in again over the weekend. Still no Veer on display. Asked again and was told they don't have the space for it, which is strange because they have 2 pixis on display. No further mention of it being too complicated, but they did again try to sell my on an android phone instead.

Not sure if hiding a phone is really the best way to sell it.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast