1.    #1  
    The palm.com landing page is now black (HP branding integration, OK I get it) then click through to the Veer promo page and just try to read through it for more than a few seconds. It makes my eyes go cross.

Worst of all the rest of the site is unchanged from the pleasant gray so if feels incredibly disjointed and the top bar of navigation links back to the rest of the place are missing on the Veer page and clicking the HP logo just takes you to HP.com
    Palm Devices: Palm IIIe -> Palm IIIxe -> CLIÉ N760C -> Tungsten T3 -> Pre Plus
    ... I'm still trying to understand what the point of this thread is...
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    He is expressing his discontent with the new page. Go to palm.com and its now a dark themed website which at first is ok. However when you click on the device, instead of taking you to a nice pleasant website that does not stutter it now redirects you to an actual HP domain and again the dark theme is applied. The new website is extremely choppy and non responsive. The veer is the only one that has this new layout. Pre 2 & Pre 3 still have a smooth layout and the colors are much easier on the eyes.
    The actual device page does suck. Looks like someone that decided to make a website for the first time did it.
    Also, the touchpad has available this summer but no such thing for the pre3. Makes you wonder if they really do have any idea of when the pre3 will be released.
  5.    #5  
    I suppose my initial post came off all ranty... I went to palm.com to see if HP was at least featuring the Veer on that domain and was pretty shocked at the experience.

It seems that the web presence of the HP smartphones is very inconsistent and that worries me as they are now in the first salvo or relaunching webOS.

I would like to see a decision made about the web presence. If it's to be all HP then integrate it with the HP site completely and maybe feature the newly launched device on the main HP.com page. If they want a separate identity for webOS mobile devices then stick with that.
    Palm Devices: Palm IIIe -> Palm IIIxe -> CLIÉ N760C -> Tungsten T3 -> Pre Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by soundguise View Post
    I would like to see a decision made about the web presence. If it's to be all HP then integrate it with the HP site completely and maybe feature the newly launched device on the main HP.com page. If they want a separate identity for webOS mobile devices then stick with that.
    I agree. Just redirect folks to the HP mobile site when you go to Palm.com. I thought that was what was going to happen when I went to Palm's site today but it didn't.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    My god, both websites suck...
  8. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    not sure if they changed it . . . but looks fine to me. Then again I'm a 1/2 full kinda guy ---- not one who gets frustrated by a 'wet dream' . . . NOT saying that those above are 'haters' or anything. If offended - get over it . . . a lot of folks stop in these forums w/o posting negative comments at every opportunity ~
    EEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Especially that second one, when you hit "Learn More". That's just unacceptable. You have a static background image or one long image below the text that doesn't stretch. That webiste is just...ugh!
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Every damn thing Palm does people have problems. it's a website who really cares,

They are clearly doing work to update it and testing it out on the front page,

There website is huge and I'm sure it will all be black soon enough.