Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1.    #1  
    Dr.Battery doesn't work on the Veer.
    I have expected a change in the battery interface on future devices.

    If you have a Veer can you please look into the filesystem?
    I expect the new interface in this directory:
    /sys/class/misc/a6_0/

    Can someone please tell me what directories and files are below that directory?

    Also if you can, show me what is in the files would be nice.

    I expect some settings here:
    Code:
    /sys/class/misc/a6_0/regs/temp_high
    /sys/class/misc/a6_0/regs/temp_low
    /sys/class/misc/a6_0/regs/volt_low
    /sys/class/misc/a6_0/regs/charger
    /sys/class/misc/a6_0/regs/status
    /sys/class/misc/a6_0/regs/rarc_crit
    You can use some terminal (novaterm, ssh..) or filemgr (Internalz) to do so.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by somline; 05/15/2011 at 07:00 AM.
  2. #2  
    I should have mine by the end of the week. I'll help out if possible.
  3. #3  
    I just got mine and I can help you out but I am a webos newbie. What's the easiest way to get into the file system? A link is fine, I can follow instructions.

    I am working on getting preware installed now, but not up yet - if that's necessary.
  4. #4  
    it will help to get Internal installed...
  5. #5  
    The path(s) and file names are correct as you quoted... Trying to open any of the files proved to be impossible - Internalz Pro just sat there and spun forever.
  6. libray's Avatar
    Posts
    195 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #6  
    rootdude, are you using terminal? Is the filesystem ro (should not prevent you from reading) or do you think there is a filesystem flag preventing the reading?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rootdude View Post
    The path(s) and file names are correct as you quoted... Trying to open any of the files proved to be impossible - Internalz Pro just sat there and spun forever.
    Thanks rootdude,
    can you make a screenshot of of files/directories you see below:
    /sys/class/misc/a6_0/
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Thanks rootdude,
    can you make a screenshot of of files/directories you see below:
    /sys/class/misc/a6_0/
    I'd be happy to, if I knew how to pull that off - I'm something of a WebOS noob...kindly send instructions and I'll have the info for you today.

    Root
  9.    #9  
    Take a sceenshot by pressing 3 keys at the same time:
    Opt(the gray square you use to get the numbers) Sym and p.
  10. #10  
    OK - I have 16 screenshots to share - but it seems silly for me to put them up here in a post - can I email them to you directly? PM me with your addy and I'll have them there in a few minutes.
  11.    #11  
    Thank you rootdude for your effort.

    pm send.

    EDIT: For others my support email is: drbattery at somline dot de
  12.    #12  
    Great they provide a similar interface.

    Meaning in dr.battery:
    getage = health
    getfull40 = manufacturer rating

    Now I need to find out what chip it is.
    Thank you so much rootdude
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rootdude View Post
    OK - I have 16 screenshots to share - but it seems silly for me to put them up here in a post - can I email them to you directly? PM me with your addy and I'll have them there in a few minutes.
    He rootdude can you try again to read the two files I mentioned in my last post?
    It should work, or at least it worked with the old interface.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    He rootdude can you try again to read the two files I mentioned in my last post?
    It should work, or at least it worked with the old interface.
    Using Internalz Pro, I tap on getage and select 'open' and all I get is the swirly circle... When I select 'info' and Linux Permissions I see User RW, Group RW and Other RW (execute is off for all three users). I am not allowed to change the permissions...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rootdude View Post
    Using Internalz Pro, I tap on getage and select 'open' and all I get is the swirly circle... When I select 'info' and Linux Permissions I see User RW, Group RW and Other RW (execute is off for all three users). I am not allowed to change the permissions...
    Thanks, don't play with these "files". They are virtual device driver files. Every thing you read or write to them is translated into commands to the battery chip.
    Thanks for trying.
    Are you familiar with linux? Are you interested on having ssh access to the device?
  16.    #16  
    We need someone with terminal access to the filesystem on the Veer (novaterm, ssh..).
    There are a lot of interesting interface files someone has to look at.
    Don't write to them just:
    cat <filename>
  17. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    We need someone with terminal access to the filesystem on the Veer (novaterm, ssh..).
    There are a lot of interesting interface files someone has to look at.
    Don't write to them just:
    cat <filename>
    Please let me know what you need. Thank you for your efforts!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  18. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    We need someone with terminal access to the filesystem on the Veer (novaterm, ssh..).
    There are a lot of interesting interface files someone has to look at.
    Don't write to them just:
    cat <filename>
    root@MyHPVeer:/sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0031# cat temp_high
    57
    root@MyHPVeer:/sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0031# cat temp_low
    0
    root@MyHPVeer:/sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0031# cat volt_low
    3396480
    root@MyHPVeer:/sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0031# cat charger
    43
    root@MyHPVeer:/sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0031# cat status
    root@MyHPVeer:/sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0031# cat rarc_crit
    0
    root@MyHPVeer:/sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0031# cat getage
    100.00
    root@MyHPVeer:/sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0031# cat getfull
    10161.250
    root@MyHPVeer:/sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0031# cat getfull40
    935.000
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    root@MyHPVeer:/sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0031# cat temp_high
    57
    root@MyHPVeer:/sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0031# cat temp_low
    0
    root@MyHPVeer:/sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0031# cat volt_low
    ....
    Damn you're fast. I was just replying.
    Please be carefull. Since Rod bricked his Veer: NEVER write to any of these files. They are related to the A6 chip.

    Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for. All read<something> files.
  20.    #20  
    It looks like your where on a linked drectory? Can you please look into "/sys/class/misc/a6_0/*" There are a lot of get<something> files.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions