Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    They can't keep giving away money you know.
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    You guys got great names, all I got was a Gregory.

Me:Amazon made a "mistake", but entered into a contract with me with that purchase. Amazon has not justified their actions in this matter.

Gregory:I'm sorry about that. Once we list the correct price on our website, you can place a new order.

Me:Amazon's "sorry" does not correct this situation. I feel that Amazon's actions are wrong.

Gregory:I apologize for this. I've forwarded your comments to our appropriate department. To compensate for this, I've issued $10.00 promotional certificate for you.
    Seriously guys, what did you expect?
    You guys are really acting like a bunch of exploitive slick deal'er or fat wallet'ers. Really...
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    You guys are really acting like a bunch of exploitive slick deal'er or fat wallet'ers. Really...
    Hey, why not take advantage of a potential opportunity?

Where's that 'Slap' button?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I still see the phone on Amazon at $49.99 with contract. More interestingly, unless I'm misreading this, it appears to be free, with contract, at Best Buy.
    I went to the Amazon site, picked the "Phone Only" option, and when I click on the Zip Code box, the cursor doesn't appear. I'm guessing no international orders yet? Obviously I would enter a postal code and not a zip code living in Canada. It seems the cursor still works if I leave it on the AT&T new/existing customer sections.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    its 10 dollars, i think amazon can spare some money that i will end up using on their own website anyway. they slipped up. its not like i'm asking for them to buy me a house.... its 10 dollars off next semesters books...
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I went to the Amazon site, picked the "Phone Only" option, and when I click on the Zip Code box, the cursor doesn't appear. I'm guessing no international orders yet? Obviously I would enter a postal code and not a zip code living in Canada. It seems the cursor still works if I leave it on the AT&T new/existing customer sections.
    I think that happens because you choose the off-contract option. You would enter shipping address (US only) after checking out. The zip code option is there when purchasing with a plan because plan prices and taxes vary by location maybe?
    NNJ
    Was fun while it lasted
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    just ordered mine...
    "Estimated delivery date: May 31, 2011"
    now that's disappointing :-(
    still, it's better than a white one from Best Buy or a $99 one from AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Ok, went back and tried to place order. Went through at $49.99, no contract needed. I'll believe it when it arrives.
    Like I and others thought, they didn't honor that price. Was wondering if it was just some kind of weird low-key promo, but nope. /shrug
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I followed this thread as it developed. I also wanted to get a veer for 50 but never placed the order based on amazon's realization of the error. But I just went to their site to check on the new off contract price and it's still up at 50. Why wouldn't they have changed it if they realized the error? Maybe I'll place the order just to try and get the free 10...
    Quote Originally Posted by mdelacoma View Post
    I followed this thread as it developed. I also wanted to get a veer for 50 but never placed the order based on amazon's realization of the error. But I just went to their site to check on the new off contract price and it's still up at 50. Why wouldn't they have changed it if they realized the error? Maybe I'll place the order just to try and get the free 10...
    they had already fixed their error last time i looked. its back the same again you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    I think that happens because you choose the off-contract option. You would enter shipping address (US only) after checking out. The zip code option is there when purchasing with a plan because plan prices and taxes vary by location maybe?
    So if I want to buy an off-contract Veer, through Amazon, I can only have it sent to continental US only?

Just registered for Amazon, and that appears to be the case, no option for Canadian shipping address, and no Veer on Amazon.ca.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I went to my local AT&T store last night and got one for free, they matched Best Buy's price. I'm basically testing it out, seeing if its worth switching from Sprint and my Arrive.
    Last edited by Trader05; 05/19/2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    I went to my local AT&T store last night and got one for free, they matched Best Buy's price. I'm basically it testing out, seeing if its worth switching from Sprint and my Arrive.
    So you got a phone with a two year contract just to test it out? I am wondering whether they also match contract free amazon price of $350. Any thoughts on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by greg.hoch View Post
    So you got a phone with a two year contract just to test it out? I am wondering whether they also match contract free amazon price of $350. Any thoughts on that?
    Yeah, you have 30 days to cancel without a contract fee, you owe a $35 restocking fee and a prorated bill if you cancel. I asked how much a one year contract was they told me $350. Its possible.
  17.    #177  
    Has y'alls shipped out yet?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I posted in the searching for White Veer thread, but I ordered a white Veer from Amazon.com and it has shipped. $50 off contract with delivery May 31st. Just ordered 4 touchstones for it and my Pre-'s as well.

EDIT: Mine arrived yesterday. I see it came back up for others to potentially get. Good luck!
    Last edited by WarHorn79; 06/01/2011 at 03:28 AM.
    It's back!!! $50 no-contract Veer!

Amazon.com: HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, White (AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories

I just ordered one... fingers crossed. Phone or $10 Amazon Credit.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    It's back!!! $50 no-contract Veer!

Amazon.com: HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, White (AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories

I just ordered one... fingers crossed. Phone or $10 Amazon Credit.
    Just ordered one as well. I selected One Day shipping (Thursday) to give them less time to cancel on me.