Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Amazon just gave me a "$10 promo" on my account
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    What did you tell them, exactly? Also, I can't find a link to chat with them.
    yeah, i got $5
    that's pretty good, considering you never really expected to get the phone for 50 bucks.
    Ashok: At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're very sorry for this disappointing news.

Ashok: I understand this is frustrating, please accept my apologies, to make up for the inconvenience caused, I will issue a $10 promo to your account.

Me: Thanks, but I still feel like I should still get the product I purchased...

Ashok: I understand Garrett, since we're unable to obtain the item at the same price from the supplier, we canceled the item, please understand.

Ashok: I will forward your feedback regarding this to an appropriate department.
    I've issued you a $10 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code.
    Just got the email.

Oh well, it was worth a shot.
    Ah well, that fun is over. They just sent an email saying it is cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Ah well, that fun is over. They just sent an email saying it is cancelled.
    Go to Amazon's Live Chat and complain. They gave me a $10 certificate on my account.
    hahaha, i got the 10 dollars also. to people who got 5, you should have pushed harder.

Me:if amazon made a mistake and put a product online with the wrong listing it is not my fault. you should honor your mistake.

Preeti:I understand and we commit our mistake.

Preeti:I am sorry for that.

Me:what are you going to do for me?

Preeti:I am going to give you a Credit of $5.

Me:five dollars?

Preeti:If you do not feel good then let me issue you a credit of $10

Me:is that all you can do for me? i would be happy with a veer for the 49.99 that i was offered

Preeti:I am sorry, I can only give you $10 otherwise we have a different department for this, I request you to please call on these numbers :-1866-216-1072 and 1-877-429-8502

lol
    You guys got great names, all I got was a Gregory.

Me:Amazon made a "mistake", but entered into a contract with me with that purchase. Amazon has not justified their actions in this matter.

Gregory:I'm sorry about that. Once we list the correct price on our website, you can place a new order.

Me:Amazon's "sorry" does not correct this situation. I feel that Amazon's actions are wrong.

Gregory:I apologize for this. I've forwarded your comments to our appropriate department. To compensate for this, I've issued $10.00 promotional certificate for you.
    10 dollars all around to the webOS community! :P
    Too bad it's "Amazon Bucks" and can't be used to buy beer.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    My experience was kinda interesting. The first one I talked to, a woman, was a total ***, and didn't want to give me anything at all. Then I talked with another one, and she gave me a $5 credit, then I insisted a little bit more, and she gave me another $5 credit. Not bad!
    There is good news though! The HP Veer 4G is currently Amazon's #1 most popular phone. haha
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    No longer available to be purchased at Amazon!
    NNJ
    Anand:Hello, my name is Anand. I'll be happy to look into your question.
    Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?

Me:sure.

Anand:Unfortunately, when we contacted our supplier, we found HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, Black (AT&T) was no longer available. That's why it was canceled from your order--you haven't been charged for it. Once an order is canceled, it no longer appears in your order history.
    I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Until recently we still thought we'd be able to get the HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, Black (AT&T) for you.

Me:No longer available when it's release date was today?
    this doesn't sound right.

Anand:I'm sorry we try to keep plenty of items on hand, but sometimes the demand for an item increases faster than our supply comes in to us.
    Me:then why not delay the order till more is available? The shipping date wasn't estimated until june 1st as is.

Anand:Please wait for few minutes while I check and clarify this for you, Brandon.
    Popular items can sell out quickly, and our website might not have updated to reflect the new inventory status.
    If we have any trouble in shipping an item by 60 days from the day order was placed, the order will be canceled automatically.

Me:This is highly disappointing.
    i would have expected amazon to que the orders that were filed already
    instead of outright cancellation

Anand:I'm really sorry, the availability and shipping times listed on our website are estimates, not guarantees. Unfortunately, unexpected fluctuations in our inventory occasionally happen, and that can add time to our original availability estimate. I know it's frustrating when that happens, and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
    I'll surely pass on your feedback to the appropriate department on top priority basis.
    Indeed, your feedback is valuable for us to march forward.

Me:For future reference what is the number of this "other" department so I can contact them directly.

Anand:I'm sorry our supplier team don't have a customer support, Brandon.

Me:... I'm at a loss for words. I'm not being serviced and there's no way to contact the appropriate people responsible...
    No offense. apologies are nice. but that's just face value stuff.
    Anand:We work very hard to maintain our inventories, although occasionally an item listed on our site will no longer be available when your order is completed. I'll pass along your message to our supplier team to make this item listed on our website soon.
    One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we haven't met that standard. I'm truly sorry, and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Me:How will I be accommodated in this situation? That's what I want to know. No need for apologies.

Anand:Although the HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, Black (AT&T) isn't currently available from us, we'll be happy to let you know when we start accepting orders for it.
    If you wish to return to this item's detail page on our website:
    1. Locate the box on the right-hand side of the page labeled "Alert Me."
    2. Click "Sign up."
    3. Enter your e-mail address, and then we'll send you an e-mail once the item is available for
    purchase.
    Your chat has been idle for 3 minutes. If I don't receive a response within 2 minutes, I'll need to close the chat.
    Your chat session has been idle for 5 minutes, so I'm closing the chat. Feel free to get in touch with us again at a more convenient time.
    <b>Anand from Amazon.com has left the conversation.</b>

The ******* left the conversation on me.
    Last edited by bw2504; 05/15/2011 at 10:59 PM. Reason: attached transcript.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Give it up I suggest.
    NNJ
    yeah. was worth a shot.
    Me:I'm confused as to why I won't be receiving the product I ordered.
    Preeti:Hello, my name is Preeti. I'll be happy to help you today.
    Can I get the order number please?
    Me:
    Preeti:Thank you. Please allow me a moment.
    Me:Thanks
    Preeti:I am sorry, I just checked and this item is from the cell phones and we have a different team who is taking care of that. i request you to please call on our toll free numbers. our numbers are 1866-216-1072 and 1-877-429-8502.
    Me:Ok so I need to call to get help?
    Preeti:Just for this item because this is not our department. That is why.
    Me:Oh ok... Thank you then
    Preeti:You are welcome. Is there anything else I can do for you today?
    Me:I don't think so
    Preeti:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!
    Goodbye.

Strange. Seems the volume of requests is getting too much for them. I'll call tomorrow afternoon and see if I can get that $10. One of my Touchstones is dead, I'd like to grab a new one.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast