Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    They'll just probably send a notification telling you that due to a technical glitch they would appreciate if you came and replaced your order.
    NNJ
    <<thread title updated - unfortunately>>
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    It'll be interesting to see how Amazon ultimately handles their goof. Good luck to those who bought thinking the unlocked price of the Veer was $49.99. Please let us know how Amazon treats you until the order is due to ship.
    I bought a 32gig memory card from Verizon once for half the price it was supposed to be listed as. They corrected the price about an hour after my purchase and still completed my transaction, maybe amazon will be kind enough to do the same for us.
  5. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I got 2 ordered . . . but I believe they've wised up. I have confirmation of the 2 @ $49, but lets see if they cancel the order? The site now points to contract info based on location ~
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    I bought a 32gig memory card from Verizon once for half the price it was supposed to be listed as. They corrected the price about an hour after my purchase and still completed my transaction, maybe amazon will be kind enough to do the same for us.
    Yeah, but that was probably a small loss for them. This is at least a$ 300 loss per order, so even at a conservative 100 orders that's a$ 30,000 loss. And there were probably alot more than 100 orders.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    hopefully they honor orders already placed
    Just clicked on the link, it's not even available anymore. I should have ordered one when I saw the link earlier. I had it in my cart and everything, but figured it was a mistake & they'd probably cancel the order, oh well.

let us know if they honor your 2 orders @ $49.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Just clicked on the link, it's not even available anymore. I should have ordered one when I saw the link earlier. I had it in my cart and everything, but figured it was a mistake & they'd probably cancel the order, oh well.

let us know if they honor your 2 orders @ $49.
    Will do..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I got one (rather, I ordered it! We'll see if I actually get it...); first webos phone I'll have since about Feb? 2010.
    Well, I think I got my answer. The order completely disappeared from the "Your Orders" page on my amazon account. It's as if it never existed, yet there in my email is a receipt.

I'm not remotely surprised by this. I had some minute hope that Amazon would honor the price, but I really didn't expect it to happen.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Well, I think I got my answer. The order completely disappeared from the "Your Orders" page on my amazon account. It's as if it never existed, yet there in my email is a receipt.

I'm not remotely surprised by this. I had some minute hope that Amazon would honor the price, but I really didn't expect it to happen.
    My order vanished as well... Time to talk to their Support.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post

Yep, expected that. Then you'll contact them and ask what about this, and they'll say sorry sir, there seemed to have been a problem with our system, do you mind replacing your order?
    Best way out for everybody. Since you knew the price couldn't be correct, because the phone was listed in the on-contract sub-section.
    NNJ
    just pulled an Order history report.

Shipment/Order Condition=Cancelled.

Fargh!
    I see pandas.
    Gonna chat with amazon support to see if I can still get my cheap veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Gonna chat with amazon support to see if I can still get my cheap veer.
    I'm chatting with them right now.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Just look in my order history and the Veer disappeared. I have Screen caps of my order so I will be having a little chat with Amazon soon.
    this is their response

"I'm very sorry that this has been a disappointing experience for you. We regret the error that resulted in an incorrect price being displayed for the HP Veer 4G webOS Phone. Unfortunately, in this case we were unable to honor the incorrect price, and your order was canceled.
    Since the order has been canceled, it will no longer appear in Your Account."
    what are you all saying to the support staff? I'll be contacting them when I get home in an hour or so. How's it going?
    I'm not saying anything. I really don't expect amazon to honor the obviously mistaken price.
    Twitter: dullgeek
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast