Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Agreed. I figured it was worth the slim chance of it actually going through.
    this.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Sorry, but when you search the Veer 4G on Amazon, the device is in the "Cell Phones with Service" sub-category of Cell Phones & Accessories, not the "Unlocked Phones" one. In my view (as a lawyer), it is Amazon's intention to sell the Veer with a phone/data contract of some kind. If it didn't give you one at checkout, that doesn't stop them from contacting you later to get your info for a contract. Amazon goofed in the checkout process by not directing you to choose your plan. At the very least, it ought to give you the option of cancelling your order.
    Ehhhh they fixed it, wanted 349.99 from me....

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    You can get a legit unlocked webos phone with wifi and no contract for $50 on Amazon, the Pixi Plus for Verizon.

You can use it as a WiFi media player, or activate it on a $30/month Page Plus pay-as-you-go plan.

Not as new as the Veer but still pretty good.
    i think they just updated the site to redirect to an ATT version of their page. someone else go check.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    It just got fixed (it now makes you to go through Amazon Wireless).
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm Vxer View Post
    Methinks that the Amazon goof of not directing the buyer to the service plan web pages is the reason the Veer is #3 on the list of best selling "Cell Phones with Service." I really would be surprised if Amazon honors a $49.99 purchase price without a contract.
    Agreed. But, with how lackluster this launch has been and the outrageous price for the device off contract, this little bit of hope is all I've got. Haha. Who knows I mean, I don't think HP intended on pulling a profit on the veer I think they are trying to spread WebOS to the world...

Either way I just bought a pre+ bundle on eBay this weekend if the veer thing falls through I'll still have WebOS until my upgrade comes in august.
    Yep, Amazon fixed their page...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    well, we'll see what happens with my order. :P
    Amazon updated the page to route Veer purchases through Amazon Wireless. No more $49 off-contract deal.
    They just fixed it five minutes ago. I wasn't about to ask questions when I can just put it in my cart without choosing contract plans, but when I was at checkout choosing shipping options, it literally right there told me that the Veer was unavailable without a contract. DARN!!! SO CLOSE!!!

For $49 off-contract, it was a no-brainer, but it probably meant they made a mistake. Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough to take advantage of it. No $49 off-contract Veer for me.
    Amazon updated the page to route Veer purchases through Amazon Wireless. No more $49 off-contract deal.
    Well I'll be expecting that cancellation email any time then.

I just went and checked and it still looks the same. Here's the link.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Veer-webOS-...bosnation0e-20
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    $349 off contract now.
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    They just fixed it five minutes ago. I wasn't about to ask questions when I can just put it in my cart without choosing contract plans, but when I was at checkout choosing shipping options, it literally right there told me that the Veer was unavailable without a contract. DARN!!! SO CLOSE!!!

For $49 off-contract, it was a no-brainer, but it probably meant they made a mistake. Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough to take advantage of it. No $49 off-contract Veer for me.
    Don't worry, I doubt Amazon will honor our $49 Veer orders anyway...
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    $349 off contract price confirmed.
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Well, we'll see if my order goes through!

I needed this hilarity at the end of a very stressful day regarding this phone's alleged launch!
    tim
    I blame webosroundup and their article for drawing attention to it.

*sigh*.
    Don't worry, I doubt Amazon will honor our $49 Veer orders anyway...
    we can hope!
    i ordered mine too. hopefully we all get the phone for 49.99 amazon should honor their mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I blame webosroundup and their article for drawing attention to it.

*sigh*.
    Yea... Keeping this quiet would've been better. No need bring everyone's attention to it. lol
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast