Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Yeah I'm definitely going to take advantage of their mistake and try to score a Veer. Hell, I'll say if they made a mistake then they misled me and owe me a free Veer. :P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm Vxer View Post
    Sorry, but when you search the Veer 4G on Amazon, the device is in the "Cell Phones with Service" sub-category of Cell Phones & Accessories, not the "Unlocked Phones" one. In my view (as a lawyer), it is Amazon's intention to sell the Veer with a phone/data contract of some kind. If it didn't give you one at checkout, that doesn't stop them from contacting you later to get your info for a contract. Amazon goofed in the checkout process by not directing you to choose your plan. At the very least, it ought to give you the option of cancelling your order.
    Hmm. It definitely wasn't in that category when I ordered mine. They must have really screwed up when they posted it. Every other "cellphone with service" makes you go through the New Contract or Upgrade process except the Veer.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Click on the "replacement phone' radio button.
    AmazonWireless: HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, Black (AT&T)

At $349 that's much better than what one pays going to the online stores for AT&T or HP.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    And... webOS Roundup just posted an article about the offer. If it's an error, Amazon will be in big trouble with so many orders made. HP Veer Off Contract for $49.99 ’nuff Said! | webOSroundup
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Click on the "replacement phone' radio button.
    AmazonWireless: HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, Black (AT&T)

At $349 that's much better than what one pays going to the online stores for AT&T or HP.
    And at $349, the Veer is probably a better buy that the $449 unlocked Pre 2 straight from HP, though the Veer lacks a camera flash, headphone jack and replaceable battery. It is those deficiencies that has me waiting for the Pre3.
    I ordered one. I assume it will get cancelled. But I'm not sure why I did it. Because it's either going to get cancelled or shipped. But if it gets shipped, I'm on a CDMA network (sprint), not GSM. Not sure what possible use I'm going to have for this.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I ordered one. I assume it will get cancelled. But I'm not sure why I did it. Because it's either going to get cancelled or shipped. But if it gets shipped, I'm on a CDMA network (sprint), not GSM. Not sure what possible use I'm going to have for this.
    If my order goes through, I'll probably get it unlocked and use it as a dev device on T-Mo.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Last edited by elopez; 05/15/2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: corrected 'unlocked' from title...
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm Vxer View Post
    Sorry, but when you search the Veer 4G on Amazon, the device is in the "Cell Phones with Service" sub-category of Cell Phones & Accessories, not the "Unlocked Phones" one. In my view (as a lawyer), it is Amazon's intention to sell the Veer with a phone/data contract of some kind. If it didn't give you one at checkout, that doesn't stop them from contacting you later to get your info for a contract. Amazon goofed in the checkout process by not directing you to choose your plan. At the very least, it ought to give you the option of cancelling your order.
    When I ordered mine there was no mention of a contract even in the title listing as it appears now. But like any other free spoken American I'll be sure to give them my two cents for falsely advertising something (mistake or not). The end result will be the same, but I'm going to stay unrealistically optimistic.
    It's not unlocked...
    Ok, I did it for the hell of it. Took my screenshots. But I, too, am on CDMA and have no real use for it. I'm sure I can find some use for it to get me closer to a Pre3 or TouchPad though...
    Go get one!

i'm on sprint and got one for the hell of it! :P

Amazon.com: HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, Black (AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories

EDIT: I just bought a webOS mp3 player that can also browse the web and acts as a camera!

haha

I ordered mine last night.
    I don't see this happening. I'd have my money on it getting cancelled. Worth a shot for people who live in the states, but i'd advise not getting too hopeful.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I'm a Verizon customer with a Pre 2 purchased from HP with my Dev coupon (replacement for my Pre+ and Pixi+). I went all the way through checkout and bought it, but then went back and canceled - too busy to deal with the mix-up if it was to actually ship and be received and have a contract demanded. I really want one but not at the price of having AT&T as my carrier!

Clarice
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I don't see this happening. I'd have my money on it getting cancelled. Worth a shot for people who live in the states, but i'd advise not getting too hopeful.
    Agreed. I figured it was worth the slim chance of it actually going through.
    Yeah, I wasnt planning in getting one until this, and even then I was expecting it to take me to a page to pick my plan where I would get a chance to cancell, instead it went through. Oh well, I figure it will et cancelled or if it does go through I can play around with it for a few weeks then sell it or send it to gazzel, I should get at least the$ 50 spent back, and any extra goes to my pre3 fund.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I ordered one .. Let's see if it shows up
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    When I ordered mine there was no mention of a contract even in the title listing as it appears now. But like any other free spoken American I'll be sure to give them my two cents for falsely advertising something (mistake or not). The end result will be the same, but I'm going to stay unrealistically optimistic.
    Methinks that the Amazon goof of not directing the buyer to the service plan web pages is the reason the Veer is #3 on the list of best selling "Cell Phones with Service." I really would be surprised if Amazon honors a $49.99 purchase price without a contract.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Is this price for real?! Off contract as well?
    Not like I would activate it with AT&T but wow..
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast