Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 277
  1.    #61  
    For $49, this is possibly the deal of the year. Works for me with the link below.

    Don't order more than 1 though unless you want the order to get cancelled. Often ppeople ordering multiple get their stuff cancelled, but those only ordering 1 won't raise their suspicion.

    Quote Originally Posted by regulate View Post
    SUPER excited about this phone!!!

    Anyway, if peeps wanna save a few bucks:

    Amazon.com: HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, Black (AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories

    I think it's gonna be a big seller for HP/Palm!
  2. #62  
    I definitely just "bought" one of these too. If we aren't all cancelled, I want to thank you all for this great find.
  3. #63  
    If you didnt get a screen shot of the ad on Amazon.com for the Veer at $49 with no mention of a contract/service plan, see my previous post in this thread for it - email it to yourself.

    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  4. TheMetro's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #64  
    I just did a search on Amazon for "HP Veer 4G" and this is what I found:

    Product Details
    HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, Black (AT&T) (May 15, 2011)
    Buy new: $399.99 $49.99(when purchased with new service plan)
    Go to AmazonWireless to see price
    FREE two-day shipping

    I think the listing itself, if not the actual product description page, makes it clear the $49.99 price is good only if you buy with a new contract. I guess the good news is that the Veer is listed in Amazon's Top 100 "Cell Phones With Service Plans" as #4, right behind the Inspire, Infuse and ThunderBolt.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm Vxer View Post
    I just did a search on Amazon for "HP Veer 4G" and this is what I found:

    Product Details
    HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, Black (AT&T) (May 15, 2011)
    Buy new: $399.99 $49.99(when purchased with new service plan)
    Go to AmazonWireless to see price
    FREE two-day shipping

    I think the listing itself, if not the actual product description page, makes it clear the $49.99 price is good only if you buy with a new contract. I guess the good news is that the Veer is listed in Amazon's Top 100 "Cell Phones With Service Plans" as #4, right behind the Inspire, Infuse and ThunderBolt.
    Thing is when you actually check out, doesn't ask for any info about signing up a plan.

    Usually on Amazon, you can select between selecting a plan or not, this one doesn't even have it. Page only has the option of buying it no-contract for 49.99.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Thing is when you actually check out, doesn't ask for any info about signing up a plan.

    Usually on Amazon, you can select between selecting a plan or not, this one doesn't even have it. Page only has the option of buying it no-contract for 49.99.
    Exactly. There was not a single mention of a contract when I bought the $49.99 Veer. I even read the entire page.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Exactly. There was not a single mention of a contract when I bought the $49.99 Veer. I even read the entire page.
    Ditto here
    I see pandas.
  8. firebrewd's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Exactly. There was not a single mention of a contract when I bought the $49.99 Veer. I even read the entire page.
    Indeed. I also did a Ctrl + F with the word "contract" (showed no results) and took a screenshot of that, for good measure, haha. I advise you do the same.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrewd View Post
    Indeed. I also did a Ctrl + F with the word "contract" (showed no results) and took a screenshot of that, for good measure, haha. I advise you do the same.
    I took some screenshots. I also have my order confirmation. I should be covered.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  10. #70  
    Best Buy mobile has veer for free with 2-yr contract
    HP - Veer 4G Mobile Phone - Black (AT&T) - P160UNA
  11. #71  
    I just purchased it on amazon for 50 dollars. the final few comfirmation checkout pages mention nothing about a contract. Although i sense myself somehow getting beat. If this is the case then amazon will have a lot of returns.
  12. firebrewd's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    I just purchased it on amazon for 50 dollars. the final few comfirmation checkout pages mention nothing about a contract. Although i sense myself somehow getting beat. If this is the case then amazon will have a lot of returns.
    What do you mean by "getting beat"?
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    I just purchased it on amazon for 50 dollars. the final few comfirmation checkout pages mention nothing about a contract. Although i sense myself somehow getting beat. If this is the case then amazon will have a lot of returns.
    They simply won't ship it if that's the case. They probably even get the phones for that price.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    They simply won't ship it if that's the case. They probably even get the phones for that price.
    They can only cancel orders that are for pre-orders, like in the case of the $50 PS3 mistake a while back. Will be interesting to see how they try and handle this.
  15. #75  
    what do you guys plan to do with the screen shots if they end up canceling it? say, "hey but here's a screenshot of when you had it for $49, so you should honor it?"

    i'm pretty sure they can cancel any order that has been priced wrong. I ordered something before for really cheap (from amazon) and they ended up canceling it. but hey, there's basically no drawback so i ordered one too
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    They can only cancel orders that are for pre-orders, like in the case of the $50 PS3 mistake a while back. Will be interesting to see how they try and handle this.
    So, they can't cancel the orders... And they can't charge us full price. What can they really do? lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  17. #77  
    Hey stu,

    While your enthusiastic view is very motivational and optimistic, I'm almost positive converting this phone to work on Sprint is definitely not possible. Not saying I won't try it, cuz I sure as hell will. Just saying that I'm not too optimistic about it.

    .

    I'll gladly experiment though.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by binxer View Post
    what do you guys plan to do with the screen shots if they end up canceling it? say, "hey but here's a screenshot of when you had it for $49, so you should honor it?"

    i'm pretty sure they can cancel any order that has been priced wrong. I ordered something before for really cheap (from amazon) and they ended up canceling it. but hey, there's basically no drawback so i ordered one too
    I don't know. I'd at least fight back a little. lol.

    Why shouldn't they be responsible for their mistake?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't know. I'd at least fight back a little. lol.

    Why shouldn't they be responsible for their mistake?
    of course they are responsible, but all they do is say sorry, cancel your order, and maybe give you a little credit
  20. TheMetro's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Exactly. There was not a single mention of a contract when I bought the $49.99 Veer. I even read the entire page.
    Sorry, but when you search the Veer 4G on Amazon, the device is in the "Cell Phones with Service" sub-category of Cell Phones & Accessories, not the "Unlocked Phones" one. In my view (as a lawyer), it is Amazon's intention to sell the Veer with a phone/data contract of some kind. If it didn't give you one at checkout, that doesn't stop them from contacting you later to get your info for a contract. Amazon goofed in the checkout process by not directing you to choose your plan. At the very least, it ought to give you the option of cancelling your order.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions