Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    its amazing how people imagine differ things. I imagine a pixi comms board fitting perfectly in the veer so it looks and works like its brand new out of the box.
    That'd be nice, except there's apparently no comms board to swap out on a Veer ...... Suppose one could put a hard wired pixi comms board where the battery sits then carry around an external battery that's always plugged into the phone via the magnetic charging port ...... oh and forget about buying any apps - a Veer that shows up as a Pixi running webOS version 9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9 in the Palm Profile. On the bright side, you'd have your Veer and be able to enjoy using it on the "Now" network ........
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/15/2011 at 02:34 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Ordered one. Now waiting for that cancellation email.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Ordered one. Now waiting for that cancellation email.
    When that cancellation email eventually shows up, I plan to fight it. Or at least email them a complaint or something. lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I would love a sprint veer even without Access to paid apps. Free apps are still available though
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    When that cancellation email eventually shows up, I plan to fight it. Or at least email them a complaint or something. lol
    ALTHOUGH... my friend tells me Amazon usually honours pricing errors, though not sure about big ones like these.

But this has happened recently (and I was part of it ): Amazon Throws LivingSocial A Big Bone With $10 Discount

Limit 1 per person but I managed to order like 5 and get 3 of them. Amazon has tons of money to blow.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...bosnation0e-20

Click the link underneath the Veer ad to go to AmazonWireless for the ads below.

Here is a screen shot of the Amazon ad - it CLEARLY shows $49 with a service plan, part of a family plan ($99), OR, $349 off contract:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LCGuy; 05/15/2011 at 04:30 PM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

not if your friend emailed you the link to buy it
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Here is a screen shot of the Amazon ad - it CLEARLY shows $49 with a service plan:
    That's not the ad that I saw.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    ALTHOUGH... my friend tells me Amazon usually honours pricing errors, though not sure about big ones like these.

But this has happened recently (and I was part of it ): Amazon Throws LivingSocial A Big Bone With $10 Discount

Limit 1 per person but I managed to order like 5 and get 3 of them. Amazon has tons of money to blow.
    Well let's hope for the best. I'm not really interested in the Veer, but for $50 I'll take one and use it as a dev device. lol
    Just placed an order. I'm curious to see what happens. If it is a fluke oh well. If not I just landed a brand new Veer for $50
    My son has AT&T so I decided to give this a try also. I placed an order and it says estimated shipping date May 24, 2011 - May 25, 2011. I will be a little jealous if my son gets a new HP phone before I get my Pre³

Edit: Ordered 2. Lets See What Happens

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Here is a screen shot of the Amazon ad - it CLEARLY shows $49 with a service plan, OR, $349 off contract:
    That's not what the order page looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrewd View Post
    That's not what the order page looks like.
    NO, my original image (the first one), was their ad on Amazon.com - the next 3 (I revised my post to ad them), were screen shots of the order page on AmazonWireless.com page.

Post updated as of a few moments ago.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Here is a screen shot of the Amazon ad - it CLEARLY shows $49 with a service plan, part of a family plan ($99), OR, $349 off contract:
    I Dont Know Where U Saw That, But Thats Not What My Order Page Looked Like

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

NO, my original image (the first one), was their ad on Amazon.com - the next 3 (I revised my post to ad them), were screen shots of the order page on AmazonWireless.com page.

Post updated as of a few moments ago.

That's still not the same page that I ordered from. There was no mention of a contract.
    Revised my original post to give actual link at Amazon.

I suggest, heavily, that if you are all ordering a $49 Veer with NO contract, that you grab a screenshot of that ordering page, to go along with the executed receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That's still not the same page that I ordered from. There was no mention of a contract.
    I did not see no mention of a contract at all either.

I See The Same Thing On Your Link, But Once I Click On It, There Is No Mention Of A Contract After That. I Just Lets Me Buy One for $50

Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    I See The Same Thing On Your Link, But Once I Click On It, There Is No Mention Of A Contract After That. I Just Lets Me Buy One for $50
    Aha!

Got it.

If you click on the phone picture itself, it brings you to this page, which does NOT mention the service contract:

Amazon.com: HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, Black (AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories

If you click on the link below (where it says go to AmazonWireless.com to get price), you get the right one..

I think Amazon might be in trouble here, if they accept those orders!

For those of you who didnt, here is a screen grab (email it to yourself, using the link below, and save the email because it will be dated):
    Last edited by LCGuy; 05/15/2011 at 04:45 PM.

I suggest, heavily, that if you are all ordering a $49 Veer with NO contract, that you grab a screenshot of that ordering page, to go along with the executed receipt.

Good idea... I just did.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast