Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
Results 261 to 277 of 277
  1. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I don't see any pics yet. Didn't happen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  2. #262  
    My order was cancelled but was able to squeeze the $10 credit out of Amazon after a few tries. Had to straight up ask for it on last try.
  3. #263  
    Ta Da
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #264  
    Update:

    Got mine on Friday, but it came in after I left for home for the weekend. Came back Sunday and it was being held by my neighbor. My new updated Palm/HP family:

    My Palm/HP phones. In order: Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pixi (... on Twitpic
  5. #265  
    Now I'm upset they were out of stock when I ordered. Might just go for that $10 credit.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  6. #266  
    I would be careful. If Amazon has your credit card number, then they may charge you the full price. Even if you placed an order for a lot less.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I would be careful. If Amazon has your credit card number, then they may charge you the full price. Even if you placed an order for a lot less.
    and thats illegal.
  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    and thats illegal.

    Whether it's legal or not, I would still be careful. Maybe Amazon will just cancel the order, or they may try and charge you the full price. It would be cool if you could get the Veer for under $50 though.

    For the people here that did place the order for $49; did you have to agree to any terms? If you agreed to terms, then Amazon may be able to charge you the full price, or make you Switch/Upgrade to AT&T. I would just be so careful with placing this type of order, because I double Amazon will let go of the phones for such a cheap price.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  9. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    and thats illegal.
    Yup. The order is complete. Transaction is done. They allowed the sale/transaction to go through. We did our end.
  10. #270  
    I checked Amazon today and that deal isn't there anymore. Amazon now wants you to buy the phone with an AT&T rate plan. Maybe you guys got lucky and are going to get a new Veer for $49, but I don't think it will happen though. The phones are sold through Amazon Wireless, a different branch of Amazon and they wouldn't ship a phone at that price, without a rate plan. Who knows though, you may be lucky. Please keep us informed. I would like to know if you do get the phone for that price.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  11. #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I checked Amazon today and that deal isn't there anymore. Amazon now wants you to buy the phone with an AT&T rate plan. Maybe you guys got lucky and are going to get a new Veer for $49, but I don't think it will happen though. The phones are sold through Amazon Wireless, a different branch of Amazon and they wouldn't ship a phone at that price, without a rate plan. Who knows though, you may be lucky. Please keep us informed. I would like to know if you do get the phone for that price.
    I and several others received the Veer at this price.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...o-got-zip.html
  12. #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    I and several others received the Veer at this price.


    Now I wish I would have applied. Oh well.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  13. lgs
    lgs is offline
    lgs's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    Thanks for the help.
    I am coming over to US this summer and I really torn between Veer and Pre2. I will mostly be getting the pre paid version of one of these phones. But I want an unlocked version of the phone as I don't want to go for the expensive plans of AT&T and anyways atleast for 2 to 3 months I will not get my SSN number. So if by this year end if HP can allow official unlock of veer by AT&T staff that would be great.
    I am using a pre-paid SIM from H2O on my Veer in the US. They are an MVNO on the AT&T network, so I didn't need to unlock the phone. I'm on their "minute" plan. I get 800 minutes for $40, but since I don't use that much in the 30 days before they expire, I can pay an extra $10 to get an additional 70 minutes together with an extended expiration from 30 to 90 days.

    They also have a "month" plan for $50 with unlimited talk & text plus 100MB of data. I haven't tried that yet, so I can't say if their 3G data works as it should on the locked phone.
  14. #274  
    Not even worth it to pay $99 or any amount if you have to sign contract. Not with a monstrous $325 ETF. Which in itself is a HUGE rip-off.

    How can you charge $99 for a phone, AND a 2 year contract AND a mandatory data plan and have a $325 ETF.... for a phone that costs $350 retail. AT&T, you have gone mad.

    Saved my upgrade for a worthy phone, and picked up a NIB veer for $220 shipped.
  15. #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    Not even worth it to pay $99 or any amount if you have to sign contract. Not with a monstrous $325 ETF. Which in itself is a HUGE rip-off.

    How can you charge $99 for a phone, AND a 2 year contract AND a mandatory data plan and have a $325 ETF.... for a phone that costs $350 retail. AT&T, you have gone mad.

    Saved my upgrade for a worthy phone, and picked up a NIB veer for $220 shipped.
    If you go to Amazon it's 49.99 or 0.01 on 2 year. AT&T retails it for $449.99.

    Not saying AT&T isn't ripping you off, but let's be fair and compare the same retailer. You're comparing the AT&T full subsidized price with Amazon's discounted retail price.

    Tell you what's unfair? Bell Pre. The phone now is 149.99, you can get it free on a 2-year but the ETF is like $500.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  16. #276  
    Just came back from Buffalo with this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  17. #277  
    i didnt get that lucky but i did manage to pick up a new veer on ebay for $215.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Posting Permissions