Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 277
  1. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Wouldn't hold your breath. Shipping labels get printed automatically as orders are generated. Does not mean the order gets approved. Seeing as how I got my cancellation at 2:43 AM, I am sure Amazon caught the problem in time enough to prevent any actual Veers from being shipped out.
    My above statement has happened with Newegg shipments. I get the tracking info after I get the item.

    In this case, I'm surprised I didn't get canceled yet. I did have 1 Day shipping. That might have thrown a monkey wrench into things.

    I figured if I was going to get canceled, it would have been then.
  2. #222  
    I suppose it's possible, but I highly doubt it. Hope I am wrong.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  3. #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Wouldn't hold your breath. Shipping labels get printed automatically as orders are generated. Does not mean the order gets approved. Seeing as how I got my cancellation at 2:43 AM, I am sure Amazon caught the problem in time enough to prevent any actual Veers from being shipped out.

    I am sure anyone with a tracking number can go to UPS or FedEx or USPS or whatever, punch in their tracking number, and it will say "Electronic shipping info received" or "Carrier notified" or something of that nature. You won't find that your package is actually going somewhere.

    Probably but If you saw my screenshot, you would have saw that it said "Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit"
  4. #224  
    Yes, but I also noticed that the "Track package" button is grayed out. What do you see when you plug your tracking number into UPS.com?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  5. #225  
    Its gray because I clicked it to expand it.

    When I plug it into the ups site: "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated"

    So I guess there's a chance it might not be shipped after all. But I should mention, that I've had other packages show the same thing (ie, ups site says shipping label created, amazon site says shipped)
  6. #226  
    I wish the best for you all, but like I said earlier, don't hold your breath.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  7. #227  
    Maybe they thought "Wow, we messed that up twice . . . let a couple go"
  8. #228  
    I'm wondering if they are letting the ones they pre-authorized go out...
  9. knsnik's Avatar
    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by nospleen View Post
    I'm wondering if they are letting the ones they pre-authorized go out...
    That's what I'm thinking
  10. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    #230  
    I had one question does Amazon really provide an unlocked version of Veer for 350$ or it is still locked to AT&T.
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    I had one question does Amazon really provide an unlocked version of Veer for 350$ or it is still locked to AT&T.
    They are all locked everywhere.

    Also my UPS shipping info was updated, itll be here tomorrow

    Last edited by mikevember; 06/02/2011 at 01:32 AM.
  12. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    They are all locked everywhere.
    What does the above statement means.
    I thought for 350$ you will get a fully unlocked version of the phone so that I can put T-Mobile or any other network's Sims.
  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    What does the above statement means.
    I thought for 350$ you will get a fully unlocked version of the phone so that I can put T-Mobile or any other network's Sims.
    The device is carrier locked to AT&T, HP hasnt even given out the information on how to unlock. There are people on ebay who claim they can do it for 40 bucks, but who knows.
  14. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    The device is carrier locked to AT&T, HP hasnt even given out the information on how to unlock. There are people on ebay who claim they can do it for 40 bucks, but who knows.
    Thanks for the help.
    I am coming over to US this summer and I really torn between Veer and Pre2. I will mostly be getting the pre paid version of one of these phones. But I want an unlocked version of the phone as I don't want to go for the expensive plans of AT&T and anyways atleast for 2 to 3 months I will not get my SSN number. So if by this year end if HP can allow official unlock of veer by AT&T staff that would be great.
  15. #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    What does the above statement means.
    I thought for 350$ you will get a fully unlocked version of the phone so that I can put T-Mobile or any other network's Sims.
    No carrier (read: robbers) will sell you phones unlocked. You have to call them up to get the unlock code even if you bought it outright, and even then they will give you BS reasons on why they won't unlock it.

    This whole locking business needs to go away, to be honest.

    PS- has anyone who ordered with free shipping got shipping notifications?
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 06/02/2011 at 06:39 AM.
  16. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Be happy that you didn't order the phone and have it get cancelled while others apparently got the phone for $49.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I would be, but I was one of those who had their order cancelled two weeks ago on the black one!!!
    tim
  17. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    No carrier (read: robbers) will sell you phones unlocked. You have to call them up to get the unlock code even if you bought it outright, and even then they will give you BS reasons on why they won't unlock it.

    This whole locking business needs to go away, to be honest.

    PS- has anyone who ordered with free shipping got shipping notifications?
    Isn't that bad, if I have pay the whole amount of the device upfront I should be able to select which service provider I want to use.
    Atleast in India you get factory unlocked device and I had no idea how things work out in US but by your comment it is unfavorable for the user.
  18. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #238  
    Update:

    Just got this:

    Hello,

    We're sorry for the delay in shipping the order you placed on May 31 2011 (Order# xxxxxxxx). We have good news -- the order is now being shipped! You should receive a shipping notification shortly, within the next business day, for the following item(s):

    "HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, White (AT&T)"
    Amazon.com: HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, White (AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories

    The shipping notification will include an updated estimated delivery date and tracking information if it's available.

    Because we were unable to meet our guaranteed delivery date promise, we are refunding the shipping charges for your entire order. This refund should be processed within the next few days, and we will send you an e-mail to let you know when the refund has been completed.

    We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible and we'll send you an e-mail to confirm shipment.

    Any other items in your order will not be affected by this delay.

    We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.
  19. #239  
    mine is on the ups truck and out for delivery. I am so glad I did next day shipping
  20. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    mine is on the ups truck and out for delivery. I am so glad I did next day shipping
    I did next day shippping as well. Guess you were lucky?

Posting Permissions