View Poll Results: Are you happy with Veer advertising?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 4.21%
  • No, advertising is really bad esp about Full smartphone features for zero dollars

60 63.16%
  • H/P is doing good by saving money on advertising

15 15.79%
  • We should give up our day jobs to make Veer Viral.

16 16.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So Veer has launched and available on ATT. Its a great smart phone as it is available for ZERO dollars from best buy and H/P website. My question is, anyone outside of precentral aware of this phone and if you think H/P is advertising Veer to people for Zero dollars.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Me thinks they're saving any big marketing for the Touchpad & webOS 3.0. But that said, i'm not sure why you even release a product that isn't worth promoting.
    Last edited by cardfan; 05/15/2011 at 09:17 AM.
    I think HP could afford to put it on their front page! Saving money or saving face? This is sad! Why even put out another failed device due to zero ads!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Am I the only one, I haven't seen any advertising.

ET
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    At least Tamara Hope got people talking. No one even knows that the Veer exists.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    yeah, its pretty much a joke.
    Not a sign of it in any Sunday ads. Radioshack had the other big phone tho.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So Veer has launched and available on ATT. Its a great smart phone as it is available for ZERO dollars from best buy and H/P website. My question is, anyone outside of precentral aware of this phone and if you think H/P is advertising Veer to people for Zero dollars.
    Just drove by the local Best Buy and guess what?....... 3 people in line for the Veer!!!!!!!!
    Guess whom?
    Rubinstein
    Kerris
    Apotheker
    Holding hands nonetheless! Glorious day for HPalm, 3 phones sold!

Oops, actually 4! Rubinstein getting one for his 9 year old too!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    Just drove by the local Best Buy and guess what?....... 3 people in line for the Veer!!!!!!!!
    Guess whom?
    Rubinstein
    Kerris
    Apotheker
    Holding hands nonetheless! Glorious day for HPalm, 3 phones sold!

Oops, actually 4! Rubinstein getting one for his 9 year old too!
    That's funny right there!
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    That's funny right there!
    Ok, that WAS pretty funny... thanks

The Veer advertising hasn't even begun... it will in a few short weeks, but I wont tell you any more than that... besides, I may lose my spot in line.
    What advertising?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkerris View Post
    The Veer advertising hasn't even begun... it will in a few short weeks
    Then why was the Veer launched now? I don't have any experience in marketing, but I can't figure out the advantage of launching a product without any campaign whatsoever.

None of this helps with the impression that HP takes too long to do everything.
    Last edited by Spinfusor; 05/15/2011 at 10:22 AM.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
  13.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    I think HP could afford to put it on their front page! Saving money or saving face? This is sad! Why even put out another failed device due to zero ads!
    I like that idea, at least if not anything put on H/P's front page.
    My first post got clipped... thanks to airport free wifi being 45 min only. 'Click to reconnect...' what's that about?

Anyway, my point is we are ramping up products, so they can be broadly available when the ads, web and other things hit big. Right now, there's reviews happening, because they are on the front of the line.

All of this is part of the plan and there's a lot of people working hard to make it happen. We appreciate your support and hope this makes sense to you all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinfusor View Post
    Then why was the Veer launched now? I don't have any experience in marketing, but I can't figure out the advantage of launching a product without any campaign whatsoever.

None of this helps with the impression that HP takes too long to do everything.
    I hear what you're saying and this same thing happened with Blackberry when they launched the Torch. Their advertising for the Playbook showed up a week after the PB launched. I can't say why HP needs to wait a couple weeks after the launch to begin advertising. It could be bc it'll take them time to ramp up production to what they expect demand to be. It could be bc they want to do a tie in with the forth coming TouchPad and other products. We just don't know. Only the folks inside of Palm and HP know.

At least the advertising is coming. Let's hope that it's sustained and doesn't stop after three weeks, ala the Pre+ commercials from Verizon.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    My first post got clipped... thanks to airport free wifi being 45 min only. 'Click to reconnect...' what's that about?

Anyway, my point is we are ramping up products, so they can be broadly available when the ads, web and other things hit big. Right now, there's reviews happening, because they are on the front of the line.

All of this is part of the plan and there's a lot of people working hard to make it happen. We appreciate your support and hope this makes sense to you all.

Thanks
    first ramping up of product should have happened a month ago. Hp is basically saying the veer is nothing exciting. When a new exciting car model is coming out you see ads months before it is available. When the droid was released there was commercials atleast a month before that made people interested. Don't worry the sales of this phone will not need any ramping up of production.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Thanks
    Richard; Humour is the key to a long life, happy to hold your place in line as long as it is in front of Rubinstein ;-)

On another note, I WANT to keep using WebOS, however you guys make it very difficult to do so. My pre- has radio/update issue and HPalm is not "getting it" when I call in and try to get it resolved. Mind you I am on my 5th or 6th pc of hardware and stuck with you guys. Loyalty is a 2 way street, give that some thought.
    Anyway I have to give you kudos for posting knowing that you are getting flak.

Have a safe flite and Leo sez it's okay to pay for internet access @ the airport as long as it comes out of the advertising budget.......;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    first ramping up of product should have happened a month ago. Hp is basically saying the veer is nothing exciting. When a new exciting car model is coming out you see ads months before it is available. When the droid was released there was commercials atleast a month before that made people interested. Don't worry the sales of this phone will not need any ramping up of production.
    The DROID ad campaign was specifically set up to hit the iPhone where it hurts the most, and it worked (generally speaking). Part of the reason why that worked was because the DROID was an extremely masculine, geeky phone, and they advertised it that way. The Veer isn't like that, at all.

As for the production being ramped up, I think that that is a valid excuse. The DROID did face shortages because of its massive ad campaign. It's better to have all the devices ready to be bought alongside a gigantic ad campaign than not.

However, if the TouchPad and Pre 3 roll around with a Veer ad, I do think that HP/Palm blew it.
  19.    #20  

Thanks
    Hopefully its good, but H/P can atleast change their website and show Veer on the front page for the great price of zero.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast